Home

Alien vs Predator

leXX

Which is better?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Alien
    • Predator

Predator hands down. I love both Franchises but Predator will always be better in my opinion. I mean a lone hunter who's out on Safari vs A Queen who uses her Facehuggers and Xenomorphs to do her dirty work so they can simply just reproduce? If you were to pit one vs the other the Predator would win unless he was up against the Queen herself which isn't a fairfight. And as for the Predator's from AvP they weren't even't allowed to hunt by themselves since they were just barely going through there right of passage so I wouldn't even hold them against the Predators image.

What's more scarier? A human with a whole through there chest or one who's been skinned a hanging like a piece of meat at the butchers?

:lsduel::duel:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They weren't skinned alive. The victims the Predator skinned were dead. As appossed to having a facehugger attached to your face, alien impregnated and grow in your body, then burst out your chest. The latter seems alot scarier to me.

I mean a lone hunter who's out on Safari vs A Queen who uses her Facehuggers and Xenomorphs to do her dirty work so they can simply just reproduce?
The Predators weren't out for the Alien-queen. The queen was used to produce some eggs to infect the humans to get some Aliens to hunt them down.

And as for the Predator's from AvP they weren't even't allowed to hunt by themselves since they were just barely going through there right of passage so I wouldn't even hold them against the Predators image.
What? No. They came there to hunt Aliens, as some kind of rite.

What's more scarier? A human with a whole through there chest or one who's been skinned a hanging like a piece of meat at the butchers?
The thing that came ouf of the chest.

They weren't skinned alive. The victims the Predator skinned were dead. As appossed to having a facehugger attached to your face, alien impregnated and grow in your body, then burst out your chest. The latter seems alot scarier to me.

I didn't say they were skinned alive but if you were being hunted by either a Predator or Alien and happened upon a corpse of one it's victim's what gonna scare you more? And most of the time an Alien victim isn't even aware what's happened to them till it's just to late. The only scary thing I find about a Alien is when it pop's its head out of a Shadow and get it get's you by total suprise. That's my opinion.

The Predators weren't out for the Alien-queen. The queen was used to produce some eggs to infect the humans to get some Aliens to hunt them down.

I guess I phrased that wrong. I didn't mean that as a actual vs. but as a comparison of one species to another.

What? No. They came there to hunt Aliens, as some kind of rite.

Aliens are used to train and test young Predators by weeding out the weaker Predator's.

The thing that came ouf of the chest.

But the scary thing about a Alien is that it hunt's you in dark or poorly lit places and pops out of shadows. A Predator can stalk you anytime and place which I think is way worse.

:duel::lsduel:

Well, I was under the impression that the Predators hunt the Aliens out of a sense of Duty, as they know how destructive the Aliens can be, which is another reason why they hunt them. It almost seems like some ancient duty to them, but they still greatly enjoy the hunt....

Well, I was under the impression that the Predators hunt the Aliens out of a sense of Duty, as they know how destructive the Aliens can be, which is another reason why they hunt them. It almost seems like some ancient duty to them, but they still greatly enjoy the hunt....

Well the Predator's see the Aliens as one of the most challenging prey so that's why they have a Queen locked up so they can make Xenomorphs to hunt whenever they want.

:lsduel::duel:

So you're saying that Av1 was better than AvP:R?

No i said my only problem with AVPR was that particular sceen at the pool. other than that I enjoyed the movie greatly and i own it as well.

i felt the the predators were killed off to quickly in the first one though.

You saying they are mooks in the first one, have you read any of the comics? there was one who did the exact same thing in the movie as they did in the comic. probably where they got it from no doubt

Alien obviously, if you are able to see the first one un-spoilt, it's a masterpiece.

The only thing predators have going for them is that they are awesomme to play as in the game AVP2, yet even here they are owned by aliens (who doesen't like playing as a wall climbing razor?).

The only thing predators have going for them is that they are awesomme to play as in the game AVP2' date=' yet even here they are owned by aliens (who [b']doesen't[/b] like playing as a wall climbing razor?).

whenever I played AvP2, I never had any problems with aliens provided I had a class with either plasmacaster or the pistol. Marines with autogun were the only real problem, but that was usually isolated incidents :)

Alien was far better.

First off, in the first movie, it tried real hard not to show the alien. A piece here, a piece there, then you get the big reveal.

Acid for blood.

Designed by H.R. Geiger

Smart enough to get the job done.

Oh, and I would recommend seeing Aliens Director's cut(incidentally those that played the AVP games, that's where the autogun came from), and Alien in the theatrical form.

Aliens was directed by James Cameron and starred two of the actors from his previous movie which happened to star Aahnold... Terminator.

Predator was a badass, but the alien's whole body was a weapon.

Who would I be more scared to meet... The alien. The predator I might think it was just a ticked off Rastafarian. At best he ignores me because I have no gun. at worst he thinks I have a unique skull and kills me instantly. The alien, At best, I'd be dead from being munched(mmmmm crunchy). at worst, I'm cocooned where a facehugger shoves an alien in me, so I can walk around and be essentially dead. Then the fun of having something forcibly break it's way out of my chest... while I'm still alive. OWIES!!!

who would I say is tougher to beat. Predator. mostly because of the technology. But the thing that makes the Alien more dangerous is the fact that it HAS numbers

Man, AvP2 was one scarely game. You'd be walking down the hallway and then BAM you have a facehugger orally violating you.

I've only seen parts of the Alien and Predator movies (which ever ones that have been shown on TV). I really should add them to my netflix queue.

I thought AvP (the movie) was alright, but I heard AvP2 (the movie) was craptacular. I'll probably add it anyways.

whenever I played AvP2, I never had any problems with aliens provided I had a class with either plasmacaster or the pistol. Marines with autogun were the only real problem, but that was usually isolated incidents

Then you didn't face some smart aliens in MP, pred stealth doesen't work, and with marines in the same match, choosing a view mode is a pain. Smart aliens, as in either the psykopatic, wall pouncing kind, or the waiting-in-convienient-hiding-spots in the celling kind.

Then you didn't face some smart aliens in MP' date=' pred stealth doesen't work, and with marines in the same match, choosing a view mode is a pain. Smart aliens, as in either the psykopatic, wall pouncing kind, or the waiting-in-convienient-hiding-spots in the celling kind.[/quote']

True, switching between vision modes was a pain and you were never as good watching for both cause you easily miss the opposite type to the vision you are using. The convenient hiding spot type players never raked in enough kills that way to help their team as much and the psychotic wall pouncing kind you always knew to keep a look out for them. Surely they get you sometimes, but they are fragile compared to the tougher preds.

Perhaps when I played it was still early in the games lifecycle that alien players hadn't figgured it out that well yet. Marines with miniguns were also kind of a problem in the maps with lots of hallways like that forge/foundry map.

Explains it, good alien players are a pain, sure they might be fragile, but speed, wall climbing and pounce makes them hard to hit, and hard to see fast enough. Very open maps is of course not very alien friendly, but otherwise I'll place my money on a good Alien player over a good Pred player any day.

Archived