Home

Dogs or cats?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Dogs or cats?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like both dogs and cats, and we might get a dog this summer if we build a fence around our back yard, but cats don't require quite as much care as dogs do. Change a litterbox once a week and you're good, no pooper scooper required. Plus, you can train a cat to do things just like you can dogs. I trained several of my cats to sit, stay, and 'give me five' and 'high five'.

I like both dogs and cats, and we might get a dog this summer if we build a fence around our back yard, but cats don't require quite as much care as dogs do. Change a litterbox once a week and you're good, no pooper scooper required. Plus, you can train a cat to do things just like you can dogs. I trained several of my cats to sit, stay, and 'give me five' and 'high five'.

They'd be scared if it was a standard poodle. ;)

Well, my dad's a veterinarian so I grew up with a lot of animals in the house, and some of them even had 4 legs.

I like both, but I'm allergic to cats so dogs win by default.

I used to have both, but you can only get real loyalty from a dog.

I have noted that our ancient feline has been incredibly loyal. He wanders off regularly for his walks, and has in the past been given food by others (he also refuses to wear a collar - claws them off), bu he has always returned to us. Even after we moved, within a couple of days he was back.

I know that's probably the exception rather than the general rule (as we have also had a cat that ran off), but it is still possible to get loyalty from a cat. :)

I have noted that our ancient feline has been incredibly loyal. He wanders off regularly for his walks, and has in the past been given food by others (he also refuses to wear a collar - claws them off), bu he has always returned to us. Even after we moved, within a couple of days he was back.

I know that's probably the exception rather than the general rule (as we have also had a cat that ran off), but it is still possible to get loyalty from a cat. :)

Not really, SW. My cat used to do that, and I suppose every other cat with freedom to come and go must do it as well. I think that being reaised there helps the animal to identify your place as "home", but that doesn't mean he's loyal. Granted, cats can be somewhat caring, even if in a selfish way (mine used to mew around me and rub his head and body on my legs in order to rest on my lap).

Back to the point, it's the place where it has guaranteed food, so he'll always come back. ;)

^the russian slicer cat was the man.

"I think not, baby puppy. It is you who is in trouble"

You forgot something....

[Cool Russian Accent] "I think not, baby puppy. It is you who is in trouble..." [/Cool Russian Accent]

Just had to add...:D

Archived