Home

Mapper at your disposal.

Ibanez

Yeah, well, we've been discussing things on IRC, and you guys are welcome to join there. :) It really is much better for discussing things than going back and forth on the forums. :p

BTW, DarkStarMojo: You don't even need an IRC client anymore, just go to efnet.org and near the top left is a webchat link. Just pop in "DarkStarMojo" and "#df2mod" into the text fields and your there! No more excuses. ;)

@exonimus: Right now there's just me working on it, and I'm starting my levels over too. :p Oh, and Ibanez and Omnisu--kinda. Jump in the channel if you want to talk about it. :)

On a side note: I locked the forums over at freeforumhost. I'm surprised that they were still being used even after we abandonded them. :p New forums are in place and we'll announce them once we've prettied them up for all you fine people. :)

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool, I was just about to ask if any measures were being taken to combat the flood of spam bots and if there were place to create new forums. I wish we could set them up right here on Lucas Forums. It's safe, secure, and free of any (noticeable) bots.

Just be sure to copy the contents of my beloved suggestions thread, though. ;)

Shamus, I registered on those new forums and it never sent an e-mail to my email account, and I couldn't find a way to request a new activation email. :(

Progress update, everyone: I've reached the first diagonal elevator, which puts me at around 50% done. :)

that webchat thing gives a 'too many connections' error, sadly :/

Anyway, I'll be sure to visit you guys whenever I have time. I'm currently doing some research into cutscene scripting, and I have a slight problem. Maybe one of you can give me some tips..

And yes, of course I know hhunter, but I was under the impression the team would be much bigger..

that webchat thing gives a 'too many connections' error, sadly :/

Anyway, I'll be sure to visit you guys whenever I have time. I'm currently doing some research into cutscene scripting, and I have a slight problem. Maybe one of you can give me some tips..

And yes, of course I know hhunter, but I was under the impression the team would be much bigger..

There are a few others involved but not much on the mapping front. What we really need, though, are modelers to complete the Dark Troopers and the Kell Dragons.

@Shamus, I'm getting a connection timed out error from efnet.org. I'll try again later but it looks like it will be easier for me to get on, especially now that school's winding down and I'm spending more time at home.

@DarkStarMojo: Cool. I'm looking forward to it. :) And if that doesn't work, just download a copy of mirc and follow the help file for connecting to a chat server (in this case, efnet) and a channel (#df2mod, of course ;)).

• 2 weeks later...

You really managed to make this section feel so much more industrial than the original version. I also really like the pit you've added. It adds another dimension to the whole "walking narrow ledges" aspect of the Nar Shadda levels.

@All up-and-coming-mappers reading this thread: you should be taking notes.

Nothing else to add other than that I am in awe once again, to say the least. See, this is what a remake should be like: a re-imagining, and not just a dead-on reconstruction with updated graphics. Seems you've got the right idea. Keep it up!

Are you implying something? Should I be taking notes too? ;)

Yes, well, you'll all be glad to know that my ludicrous attention to detail has its drawbacks. Right now I'm facing a potentially crippling lighting error, regarding to having too much lighting detail. It requires that I split the level into two parts. So, I hope you don't mind that these levels are really short, but insanely detailed. :(

I've been talking with Zell in the df2mod chatroom about possibly splitting levels 1 and 2 into 3 parts, where the second level would bridge the gap.

Compiling with -lomem, while it made the light stage much slower, allowed his current work on Nar1 to actually compile again. Unfortunately the vertex count limit built into q3map2 is already preventing the map from compiling with -patchmeta.

Any of you guys have idea for how to split nar1 at about the 2/3rd mark, and nar2 at the 1/3rd mark? Or how both levels could be split evenly into 4 pieces?

Okay everyone, I've been at Vermont for half of this week (I live in Maine), thus no work was done. And on saturday, I leave for Guatemala for 2 weeks to build houses for Habitat for Humanity. So, you won't be hearing from me for a few weeks. Just a heads up. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks to be coming along quite splendidly.

For the record, I have resumed work on level 4 between work on DFMod. So there IS more progress happening on JKMod and I've sent an email to Shamus about sharing resources between the two mods. I'll post updates to the main DFMod page as soon as I have them.

Archived