Home

N00b question

Johnchristie

I just downloaded SCUMMRev and am looking at extracting one file in particular from CMI; the monkey laugh. That's all I want, all I need. I've looked around and can't seem to figure out how to really use SCUMMRev, other than simply opening the big SFX file that the monkey laugh is supposed to be stored in. I've opened COMI.LA1 in the program, but I have no idea what to do next, or how to get anything to play. Could someone lend a helping hand?

I just downloaded SCUMMRev and am looking at extracting one file in particular from CMI; the monkey laugh. That's all I want, all I need. I've looked around and can't seem to figure out how to really use SCUMMRev, other than simply opening the big SFX file that the monkey laugh is supposed to be stored in. I've opened COMI.LA1 in the program, but I have no idea what to do next, or how to get anything to play. Could someone lend a helping hand?

When you use vague thread titles, you're going to attract the curious. Most (if not all) of whom won't be able to help once they see exactly what it is you're asking.

Ah, but the vague title was simply a ploy to lure you in. It failed miserably however.

If you open, for example, COMI.LA01 you should get a little icon labelled LECF with a "+" symbol next to it. Think of LECF as a folder, clicking on the plus sign shows you the subfolders. If you look through the folders and subfolders you'll find some of them are called SOUN, these should have a subfolder called iMUS. Clicking on an iMUS folder brings up two buttons in the Block Specific Info box saying Play and Save as Wav.

I have no idea where the file you want is though

If you open, for example, COMI.LA01 you should get a little icon labelled LECF with a "+" symbol next to it. Think of LECF as a folder, clicking on the plus sign shows you the subfolders. If you look through the folders and subfolders you'll find some of them are called SOUN, these should have a subfolder called iMUS. Clicking on an iMUS folder brings up two buttons in the Block Specific Info box saying Play and Save as Wav.

I have no idea where the file you want is though

Thanks thats exactly what I was looking for

Archived