Home

RPG's in which you can play as a female character

Tysyacha

I wish all role-playing games had this option; I've found these few so far:

KOTOR and KOTOR II: The Sith Lords

Neverwinter Nights 1, 2, Mask of the Betrayer, and Storm of Zehir

Mass Effect

Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (and presumably the rest of the series, too)

Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura

Anyone know of any other games where you can play as a female?

In my opinion, MYST and other games like that don't count, because you play as an anonymous, nameless, faceless player (and they aren't RPGs anyway!)

There's also Jade Empire. Honestly, though, in most games all being female garners is a different love interest and getting hit on by a few minor NPCs.

The one exception I've seen to this is A Dance With Rogues, a module for NWN1 where your PC is required to be female. It's tons of fun, though if you're aversive to adult language and content it probably isn't for you.

Silverfall also lets you.

Even on games with choosable gender, I always assume every PC i see is male unless proven otherwise.

Pet hate- Why the hell do some people online pretend to be girls? One of the excuses I have heard so far is that they get given free gold... But I have never given, nor known anyone to give, another PC gold purely because they were apparently a "girl".

Shame on them If they have though.

I just /rofl beggars to the high hills on MMO's etc, they are a disease that needs wiping out.

I don't think there is a problem with choosing a female character if you are male or vise versa, only if you try to pretend that you actually are the opposite gender.

Anyways, I think all the RPGs that I know of or have played where you can choose gender or only play as female have been listed. Oh, well Pokemon :p at least the newer versions, not sure if you have a DS or GBA though.

I thought you could gender choose on all of em after Gold + Silver?

I also hate it when girls are really... well. girly. Had many a game ruined by some girl twirling her metaphorical hair at the lads and swaying them with her devil tongue, for them to fight over her like they're made out of pure testosterone.

I hearby claim that girls should not be allowed to play online games

Ooooooohhhhhh no he di'nt!

Eh I wouldn't wish for that. Then again, a female JC Denton could be incredibly awesome. Hmm. Hmm-mmhm.

I generally prefer RPGs that have strong set characters than allowing a loose character you can meld to your comfort. Of the former though, I've yet to see a female lead protagonist.

Pet hate- Why the hell do some people online pretend to be girls?

Well, I know why one person did. :p

All I hate about those bitches is that the ones on the left are dead ****ing ringers for Jennifer Aniston, whose face I hate with a vengeance. But put a paper bag on them and mmhmmhmm.

Agreed. I never thought that her face and jawline were all that. But below the neck she was the bra-less wonder. :naughty:

I actually like the game better if i can play as a female. But i don't exactly think a game "sucks" or is "a piece of crap" just because there is no gender selection.

Better staring at a girl's behind for a multitude of hours than a guy's, at least how think anyway. But i do notice that a lot of games that have either a female lead, or one of the main characters, the character's story isn't the best.

But i do notice that a lot of games that have either a female lead, or one of the main characters, the character's story isn't the best.

My theory is that once they've decided to have a female character, they spend most of their time and resources on developing breast bounce physics and high-polygon butts, rather than waste time on a "story" or "character development", pfft.

Sometimes gender selection can have its impacts on a story/game. Take Witcher for example: Fantastic game and I, personally, like the story.

But, can you imagine what it would be like if it gave gender options? They would have had to put more work into voice acting, models, and twisted the story to fit a female viewpoint in and create characters relevant to the gender, overall taking points from the overall game to work on a gimmick.

A male lead fit that game, and they managed to make a better game because of the strict focus on that pre-determined character.

But i do notice that a lot of games that have either a female lead, or one of the main characters, the character's story isn't the best.

I notice this as well, but this entirely depends on how story oriented the game is. Having a male character does not guarantee you a good story; Halo and Gears of War have atrocious storylines.

I may be pulling a blank here, but I do not recall playing many games where you play as a fixed female character that isn't just using her breasts as a gimmick to pull in sales. Even less that try to focus on a story.

I think this is mainly due to many writers not knowing, or caring how to write a female lead. A male lead is easy to pull off, and honestly a female is as well but I feel that writers feel it is more of a challenge than it should be.

The games I have played as females, however, tend to be games that give me the option. Not many games pull this off well. The only ones that come to mind are Bioware games like K1 and Mass Effect. Mass Effect was one of the few, if not the only games in which I genuinely felt like I was playing a hardened female role. Revan would be a close second only because the lack of a voice actor for Revan gave me a disconnect from the character.

So, I don't think it is really that the stories are worse as it is there are so few to make comparisons for in the sea of breast physics games like Tomb Raider, Dead or Alive, etc.

I hearby claim that girls should not be allowed to play online games

Ehh, in some respects I agree, but in others I don't. I mean, I have a couple of friends who are girl gamers, and I've met some cool girl gamers here (Jae, of course, being the perfect example) so I wouldn't ban all girls.

However, you're right in that some girls can be really annoying.

_EW_

However, you're right in that some girls can be really annoying.

It isn't like male gamers are any better. When I played WoW, it was all "show us pixs!" , "t**s or gtfo", and other lovely demands. The typical "male" talk doesn't help that much either in Vent and Chat. I put up with it, personally, but you'll find that many girl gamers play MMOs and such undercover (like, say, play as a male character under a male name) because they don't want to deal with the BS that male gamers tend to throw at them.

While I agree that some girl gamers are legitimately annoying (and yes, I have met the flirty, hair twirling drama machines online), male gamers are hardly perfect examples of social behavior.

Not directed at you, Ender. Just generally talking.

Archived