Home

TSL The Blackguard mod

Drunkside

Basically i have been planning on making the blackguard (the name may change, its a bit of a cliche name but i sorta like it) some sort of ancient warriors of dark side, not quite sure when they could have been active. Im open for suggestions on this. But the are not really sith, they are less brutish and more hungry for personal power, mainly in the different areas of war. But if anyone has advice, please feel free to post it here. I may use it if i like it, but dont take it granted that all ideas will be taken.

Heres also a small overview of the story of the mod:

In this mod you will be asked by a archeologist, probably a twilek woman since they are always just dancer girls:xp: in the bar on nar shaddaa to go to dantooine to recover some evidence of the Bgs´ existence. So you go there, find the tomb but there are people alive inside. Then comes the part in which you hack & slash a few hundred minions down, along with some officers who wield scythes and have some special skills. After this frantic killing you will meet a brutish looking guy with a double-bladed corrupted blade and he will tell you that he is an apprentice of (install name here later, havent given much thought to it yet:p), and that his master wants him to kill you. Then you fight him, and proceed. There will be two more apprentices, and then you will fight the master himself. Thats all im willing to give out now on the plot here:xp: But the actual plot will be smarter than this, its just a short version.

And by the way, i decided to make the corrupted blades use different, completely new color crystals so some problems can be avoided. Will start that tomorrow.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plot idea (if you like use it, if not no problem):

Have the Blackguard be founded by a follower of Bogan from the time of the Force Wars on Tython. He increased his weapons' powers by using them to generate hate and fear in others. Their goal is to constantly improve their weapons' powers, thus making them the perfect warriors. They have only recently become aware of the Jedi and Sith, and seek to eliminate both (the Jedi because they are descended from the followers of Ashla and the Sith because they are seen as inferior to those who continue the true teachings of Bogan).

Hmm that gave me an idea... Maybe they werent founded by him, but the first Bg found some notes or a holocron or something made by Bogan, and used it as the base of their philosophy. Thanks alot! By the way, another thing i decided is the boss Bg will use a SILVER corrupted blade! Why? cause baddies always just use red blades:P

R2-X2 i didnt think the double saber is too strong, but you made me consider taking off the 3 damage bonus. Well see if i end up doing that or not but thanks for pointing that out!

I will make the corrupted blade crystals tomorrow. Or actually their icons, everything else is done. And no, i didnt make a new saber blade, i just wanted to prevent people from cheating themselves these weapons by just using the "lower crystals" on their ordinary sabers, since these are more 1) Powerful 2) Expensive and 3) (do i sound like an ass? ) cool :xp:

And still one thing i will tell you: The player will be able to create 3 corrupted blades of their choice, one from each apprentice s/he has killed. The apprentices will probably disappear after the player kills them, and reappear (dead) in the final room, ready to be harvested of bones and... what should i call them? Well, not quite sure, but the "crystals" used inside the corrupted blades will be little pearls of rage, fear, madness and so on, ripped from the corpses with force. Yeah im a damn sick person...

Thats actually a nice idea, but if i make a new power it will be usable by all classes. Maybe something like "Fear strenghtened blade" that is both an attack and a buff.

The crystal madness is done, all work and have nice icons too. Next thing im gonna do is re export the single corrupted blade so that the blade is in the correct place, and then i can start working on armors. There will be 3: A robe, jal shey and a heavy/medium armor. The armor will be used by the blackguard minions, jal shey by the officers and the robes by the apprentices.

I started working on the first armor skin, which is the jal shey armor, and i kinda like what ive done so far. Will continue working on it tomorrow. And soon i might even make a proper first post with pictures and all :xp:

So here the thing i was speaking of is in game! Yep it aint the best model, nor texture, and there are lot of people who couldve made it better than i did, but they didnt:xp:

4b1866907cf5254b7606e67968adca15dfb17154.png

3dc97b278a89e2543adea35a1bff3621cc59e1ff.png

I tried to make it large enough so that the hair doesnt clip, but small enough to not look stupid. And sorry that the model looks a bit like a KKK hood.... :p

Yeah, as TDJM pointed out, can anyone say KKK? On the other hand, that's perfect for the organization you are talking about.

I think I know exactly what your armors need: a symbol. You need a symbol for The Blackguard, just like how the Jedi have one, the Sith have one, and Silveredge9's Brotherhood of Shadow has one. There should also be some patterns on your armors.

Otherwise, excellent stuff!

Yep a symbol is something that i need to come up with. Probably a skull without the lower jaw, and a knife sticking out of it :xp: And i actually said about the KKK thing myself:p I just wanted to make a hood with a long.... ehh end? what the hell should i call it? Anyway, gonna make a symbol next. and then the minion armor.

EDIT: Now after thinking it a bit over, i dont thik ill be adding the symbol to the armors. Why? Because the Blackguard wont really be such a big scale organization as the jedi or sith, but rather an ancient, long dead religion. And the armors are supposed to be "rough-looking", i want them to look like actually usable combat suits.

Ookay peepsies, a little bit of info. I started working on the minion armor today, but due to the horrible uvmapping of the model i selected it has been a brain numbingly slow process. I have decided to make the armor sort of a pile of scrap metal:xp: Well not exactly that but an armor made of little rough pieces. Im making the knee protectors look a bit different for example. It should be ready in a couple of days or:wid: Who knows, im quite busy right now.

Hey i got a nice idea: Im gonna "fix" the force crush so that on a save it doesnt do anything and even when successful the damage is lower than it normally is, and make the main BG and all the sith lords in the game have the power:xp:

Now the minion medium armor is ready. It took ages because the uvmapping of the model is made by some retar... sorry, mentally disabled person. Im not even very happy with the result, since the shader kinda blocks almost all the details on the metallic parts. But then again, knowing my skills it could be better that the little details arent very visible.

FRONT:

b60e016998b77afeae0131c6411f25ad05d60e72.png

BACK:

2873098d3323d5df3ece411d697f54457284b17b.png

And now im off to make the final "wearable" of the mod, the robe... After that its gonna get interesting, since that i will have to learn how to reuse areas.

Ok now the robe is about ready. Some minor changes may take place of course but other than that its ready.

FRONT:

9356cfd8fdf0751761a0e725093b5ceef63620a5.png

BACK:

225d81375cca218d63fe544e370a609f16b2ccbd.png

A funny thing about the texture is that its based on a grey jedi robe texture and not a dark jedi master robe.

Archived