Home

Best Jedi Knight/Dark Forces game

Revan007

What is your favourite Jedi Knight/Dark Forces game?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite Jedi Knight/Dark Forces game?

• Star Wars Dark Forces
    • Star Wars Dark Forces II Jedi Knight
    • Star Wars jedi Knight: Mystery's of the Sith
    • Star Wars jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast
    • Star Wars Jedi Knight III Jedi Academy

• 2 months later...
Story: Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight

Replayability: Jedi Academy

I actually agree...

All of the series have problems and quirks to them, but they're all amazing. I really think of MotS as part of JK (it IS an official expansion after all, even though it was far more expansive than most commercial expansions at the time).

JK1 did blow me away at the time. JA is probably my current favorite to play anymore, but it was very similar to JK2 (as MotS was to JK1) and so was more like an improvement, rather than a new game that qualified as a ranking above it.

I think Jedi outcast is much better because you had to use your head a lot more to make your way thro the level. In JK there isn't much difficulty to reach the end of the level as it is pretty linear.

A little bit off topic, but I was very disappointed that force unleashed wasn't released for PC, I despise consoles so I could never play it to compare it to the JK/DF games.

I heard Force Unleashed was a terrible, but I wish I could play it and make my own opinion.

• 1 month later...

All of the games are linear. Only Jedi Academy brings in a semblance of non-linear play with its "choose your own adventure" mission choice system.

Dark Forces was really exciting for me at the time. I was a teenager back then and a total Star Wars nut and the game really nailed the Star Wars intrigue factor. The same with JK1.

I think JK1 is my fav of the series because of how expansive the levels were and how much variety there was. JK2 improved everything else (I was so thrilled when I saw the previews for the first time) but lost this aspect. JA brings in the best Jedi power/saber combat system of any Star Wars game. Forget that Forced Unleashed garbage.

The entire series is great.

• 2 weeks later...

Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight & Mysteries of the Sith are my favorite games of all time. I've played the single-player campaigns through for both Jedi Outcast & Jedi Academy & enjoyed that (I'm actually not that big on playing single-player), but I feel that JK & MotS both had superior multi-player. Absolutely nothing compares to Jedi Knight's Capture the Flag.

I might have chosen JK II: Outcast for the story aspect, but the levels were impossibly difficult to beat. Jedi Academy was not extremely difficult, but it seemed the right level where you could expect to go through an entire level without dying once. I never got through Outcast or the original Jedi knight without cheating.

I really liked JKA the most, I thought a new story about someone else (Jaden) was a change for the better. I only wished they would of continued the story (the next game) with Kyle pursing Jaden. And of course, with some even better kickass graphics.

Anyone else have issues with any of the games? I really liked Dark Forces and Jedi academy because they were easy enough to get through, but you could change the settings to make them more of a challenge. Just getting through the original Jedi knight and Outcast without falling to your death was like impossible to do the first time you played it through. I mean there is only one Kyle Katarn and he's supposed to have gotten through all of these challenges the first time. There are still places I can't get through even when I give him all the Jedi powers in the beginning of Outcast.

Archived