Home

GM and Chrysler bailouts

Jae Onasi

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:argh:

I was sorta hoping Fiat would get a chance to turn things around, if only because they A seems like a rather good match (I.E chryshler has volume, Fiat has the cars the market wants) and B: because Fiats CEO has allready turned one company around.

Still, Fiat says they aren't pulling out yet, so maybe it will work out in the end.

Oh, and I would also like to thank GM for signing up for a deal made in hell, with unions and Putinists controlling enough shares to make the future for GM, eh, interesting for lack of a better word. At least car news will be fun for a while (though I would prefer if the news would stop chanting "Putin saved the US).

The Supreme Court just put the brakes on Fiat's buyout of Chrysler (pun fully intended). I'm wondering if Chrysler's going to go completely down the tubes now.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/06/08/breaking-supreme-court-stays-sales-of-chrysler-to-fiat/

I'm a bit less than happy, but it's only a temporary stay. Hopefully a solution is found that appeases all sides, including shareholders. To hell with the union, the shareholders are far more important. The UAW can die in a fire for all the good they've caused. Seriously, they've had everything given to them on a silver platter; no other industry gives someone who hasn't necessarily graduated from high school such a high paying job with perfect job security and obscene benefits. Many college graduates make less!

I really hope that through bankruptcy that someone will grow a spine and change things regarding the union that ruined GM and Chrysler.....but I doubt anything will happen. I blame the UAW's protectionist policies faaaaaar more than the executive issues, of which there have been many. Boo hiss die in a fire.

governmentmotors1.jpg

Fiat has gone ahead with taking over Chrysler. We have a Chrysler plant in town that's scheduled to shut down because Chrysler used the gov't buyout dollars to build a plant to do the same thing in Mexico. :roleyess: Maybe Fiat will do something else with the plant so we don't lose all these jobs. It's one of the big employers in our town.

Archived