Home

K1 - Modding Resource - Remove T3 from the Game

Lord of Hunger

Hey.

As a lot of people have noticed, most of the recruitment mods out there replace either Juhani or T3. Now, as Juhani has importance to the plot and dialog, I believe that T3 is a better party member to replace given that he has no significance outside of getting you into the Sith Base on Taris until TSL, where he actually does stuff.

Thus, I think a good resource for modders looking to add a new party member would be to essentially remove T3 from the game after he gets you into the base. Remember the other utility droid you buy but explodes immediately after leaving? Basically, I'd like a mod to have the same thing happen to T3 after he opens the door to the Sith Base, please. Also, I'd appreciate it if the mod could not have him actually join the party, but follow you to the base before his demise.

Thank you to whoever takes up this request.

Lord of Hunger

Thank you! Actually, that would be a good idea. In fact, having the PC give a line about it would be fun ("Brilliant, a virus just ate up my credits"). I'd also be realistic, 'cause you'd think an advanced civilization would have some sort of protection from hacking.

Again, thank you! Can't wait to see this on KOTOR Files!

Thank you! Actually, that would be a good idea. In fact, having the PC give a line about it would be fun ("Brilliant, a virus just ate up my credits"). I'd also be realistic, 'cause you'd think an advanced civilization would have some sort of protection from hacking.

Again, thank you! Can't wait to see this on KOTOR Files!

Thought i'd see it as the hack working, but it sort of backfires on T3, not only erasing his memory, but destroying him in the process.

Though along with that line i'd go with something like these:

"Top of the line slicer droid, right."

"Now i either have see if i can fix this thing, or dump it in junk pile somewhere."

"Always something. At least he got the damned door open. Two thousand credits right down the refresher."

"Dump the droid, and then we can get those codes."

It would also be kinda fitting for DS players to be allowed to go back after to off the twi'lek at the Droid shop. Though i think there would be placing issues after, since she is behind that counter. Unless when you kill her, you are granted back the 2000 credits.

I could always kill her via dialog, but I definitly agree, Janice is going to have to forfeit something.

However, I don't think I'm going to Kill T3, seeing as he's in TSL, I think I'll just disable him to the point of being pretty much useless, an explosion or two would probably aid in this matter.

Sith version of Norten Antivirus of course.

Blowing T3 up doesn't make much sense seeing as Bastila refers to droids (i.e. plural) on Unknown World/Lehon (in the DS path) and he turns up in TSL. A better option would be to send him to the apartment (and later the Ebon Hawk) and have him as a non-party NPC. It would make plenty of sense to keep an astromech/utility droid around, but they are not combatants so you wouldn't expect to ever use them in a firefight.

The Rakata Temple most likely RH. Not that she's needed to cause it, but if not killed then she's there giving sensible suggestions about it.

That really isn't what is qualify-able as important to the Plot. Her interjections are quite meaningless there regarding the main plot. -RH

yeh i was gonna say something like this i mean everyone makes recruit mods that replace juhani! shes not very good but she is still a jedi! and t3 seems to be a pretty worthless peice of crap....i dont see why u just replace t3 in all these mods i mean i'd do it myself and i have tried...but im not too computer savvy so i got lost on most of it...

I use T3 quite a bit. I tend to use him to hack computers and cause all sorts of mayhem that way. I use him in the Sith Base on Taris and in the Sith base and underwater station on Mannan. I even use him in that entire Sandral/Matale feud to mess up the droids in the estate. I occasionally use him on the Leviathan as well.

The character I use the least is Zaalbar. I think the last time I played, I left Zaalbar at lvl 4 all through the game. Even in the fight on Kashyyyk, that Zaalbar is not the one I had on the Hawk. The one I left on the Hawk had a Genohardan poisoned blade along with the prototype vibroblade. The one in the throne room fight used a Wookie warblade.

Suggestion: How about someone make a mod that turns T3 into an HK tech/assassin droid.

Possibly using HK-47's skin (or a repaint) and giving some extra feats to make him tougher.

I'd do it myself, but I am currently working on an NPC changes mod for K2

@ Rtas Vadum: Those are some interesting ideas. I like the dialog options, but the idea of outright killing Janice is bad***. :D

@ Fiestainabox and DarthParametric:

Sith version of Norten Antivirus of course.

LOL!!! Seriously, that might not be such a bad idea....

And DarthParametric's idea is actually really good. I just want his character slot open, and this can let him stay at the same time. At this point, it's up to you, Fiesta, since you're the one making the mod.

@ ShinDangaioh and Darth Ma3v3n: Frankly, my problem with T3 is not his computer skills or fighting power (both of which are very good actually). My problem is a) irritating sound effects from him moving and talking, b) no personality until TSL, and c) his functions can be performed by any other party member.

@ RedHawke: I actually like Juhani, partially because she's an alien, her humility (while somewhat forced) is a great counter-balance to Bastila, she's a good friend, and she's good with a lightsaber. Granted the whole "Oh hell, am I falling to the Dark Side again 'cause I got somewhat irritated?" thing does get old, but at least she, unlike T3, has personality. Also, I like defeating Xor. :D

@ Te Mirdala Mand'alor: The problem with this is that the mod request is a resource for recruitment mods. The idea is to not improve T3, but to remove him as to allow other user-generated NPCs to join your party.

I'm going to set t up so that he still appears in the ebon hawk, but, he can't be taken on missions. I'll include a small dialog option that will allow you to "re-recruit" him just in case you uninstall a recruit mod or something.

I'm about 50% done now, I was expecting to get it done by the end of this weekend, however, the laptop I so recently got repaired, committed hardware suicide after 15 minutes of me having it out of the box.

Moral of the story is, don't buy thinkpads and expect to get competent service.

All in in all, I should have her done by monday.

@ RedHawke: I actually like Juhani, partially because she's an alien, her humility (while somewhat forced) is a great counter-balance to Bastila, she's a good friend, and she's good with a lightsaber. Granted the whole "Oh hell, am I falling to the Dark Side again 'cause I got somewhat irritated?" thing does get old, but at least she, unlike T3, has personality. Also, I like defeating Xor. :D

Ah, that's cool. But she isn't integral to the plot. She is a skip able character after all. That is what prompted my question. ;)

Just a little update

I'm close to 90% done, just a bit more testing and It should be ready.

I'm mainly worried about the Globals, I gotta make sure Canderous knows that you opened the base.

EDIT: Oh forgot to mention, rather than have T3 just follow you after you buy him, I have it set up so you tell him to go to the Sith Base. He'll go there and wait, then, you simply tell him to hack the door and he does so.

I figured this would be quicker than creating a small black hole of scripts by making him follow you.

I'm also going to leave him on the Ebon Hawk as a pile of droid, that way you'll be able to "un-install" the companion mod if one so pleases.

Archived