Home

F'in microsoft

MysticSpade

well to day i got some terrible news as i went to play a ranked match with the #1 in points on one of my main games *cough*Street Fighter 4*cough*. So as i turn it on my 360 locks up on the logo screen bout 3 times. The fourth one BAM RRoD. I was like WTF!?!?

No here's the sad part, i can literrally repair a RRoD 360 in bout an hour with LITERRALLY 8 cents. But since my system is under warranty i figured i will send it back, and get a new one while i can. I have the newest model too where they supposedly fixed the problem but i guess not. Its just a poor design flaw on the mother board. why would you put Ram chips on the underside of the board with heat absorbing pads on them, while being put in a place with utterly no airflow. its just dumb

/end rant

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry dude, but bitching about RRoD stopped being cool about 6 months ago. It happens to everybody. You may have only one, you may have six. It's all just tough ****.

Indeed. I've had 3 360's, and all 3 have red ringed on me. I have a couple of friends who've never had a red ring. Meh.

And PR-0927 has one f, one a, one i, and one l.

EDIT: Back on topic, sucks man. Mine died right as a bunch of awesome DLC for RB2 decided to come out.

Geez, I was just trying to be a douche.

Yes, I've had one RRoD, it sucked. It's actually due largely to cheaply made GPUs with poor cooling solutions. Microsoft revealed this all many months ago.

- PR-0927

Geez, I was just trying to be a douche.

Yes, I've had one RRoD, it sucked. It's actually due largely to cheaply made GPUs with poor cooling solutions. Microsoft revealed this all many months ago.

- PR-0927

You don't need to put effort into that.

My first gen 360 lasted four years, when it died my buddie was working at a game shop so he swapped it for a bran new one. My brother's first gen PS3 died in just over two years.

My 360 kept working even after the rings of death.

So they wouldn't fix your xbox, are you still going to fix it for 8 cents in an hour?

My SNES still works. :p

Mine broke a few months ago during hurricane Ike. :(

The little plastic piece that holds the power cord in place broke off, and there was no way to fix it.

Good thing we replaced it with a 3-pack from EBay. :)

I was a little sad that it had to be replaced, since it lasted so long, but it wasn't even the original one I got for Christmas '94, since we had to give that one away due to my dad thinking I had epilepsy or something. :indif:

My Wii still works... mostly cause I haven't turn it on since December.

Though in all seriousness it can't read my Wii Sports disc anymore despite it having a very acceptable amount of wear. Broke my family's heart when we tried to play some bowling... : (

That sucks TiE. I actually forgot to mention this in my post before, my original Wii did die within probably 6 months of owning it, got it a week after launch. Just booted it up one day and there was no video and the remote wouldn't sync. Sent it to Ninty, they had to send me a completely new one so lost all my save data including my completed Twilight Princess :( but got to redownload all my VC games.

My 360 got the RRoD a month ago and after sending in my repair request a month ago, I still haven't received a box to put it in. I am slowly switching over to the Playstation side. Their consoles last longer than Nintendo's and Microsoft's. The PSOne was in production from 1994 to 2006. The PS2 is still lasting and its nine years old. And the PS3 is expected to last at least 10 years.

I can't remember how many 360s I've gone through. It's at least 3 or so. If it breaks again, I'm gonna go Office Space on it, and buy one of them supposedly "fixed" versions.

My Wii was DOA (on xmas day), and had to be shipped off for repair.

My 360 got the RRoD a month ago and after sending in my repair request a month ago, I still haven't received a box to put it in. I am slowly switching over to the Playstation side. Their consoles last longer than Nintendo's and Microsoft's. The PSOne was in production from 1994 to 2006. The PS2 is still lasting and its nine years old. And the PS3 is expected to last at least 10 years.

Call em up and ask em "WTF Mates?"

My coffin arrived 3 days after I put in a request.

I swear I've been reading somewhere that some people apparently don't get boxes or something... you may wanna contact someone cause it's obviously not just stuck in the mail.

Just imagine how much better the 360 would be doing if the RRoD never existed...

No most people when they get the RRoD just call the local GameStop and bitch in our ear about how they had to talk to some Indian guy with a bad accent, and most of the time they are enraged that we don't do repair work. Some people refuse to even bother with it. They just throw it away and buy and arcade system. Must be nice to be made out of money. :rolleyes:

I am on second 360. I didn't even get MY 360 until about a year AFTER they came out. They are great when they work, but the history of tech issues on this machine are far beyond acceptable.

Archived