Home

Games with romance options

Tysyacha

In which games are there romance options, beyond a 2-second flirtation?

I know there's...

KOTOR and KOTOR II (but the "romance" in KOTOR II is really lame!)

Neverwinter Nights and Neverwinter Nights 2/Mask of the Betrayer

Mass Effect

Anything else? :)

I know Jade Empire has that, Fable, Fable: The Lost Chapters (which are really the same game, but one has more content), and Fable 2 sort of do, though eventually everyone attracted to your gender falls in love with you in that, which in Fable: The Lost Chapters, is everyone. I think the Witcher has some too, but I've never actually played it.

I know Jade Empire has that, Fable, Fable: The Lost Chapters (which are really the same game, but one has more content), and Fable 2 sort of do, though eventually everyone attracted to your gender falls in love with you in that, which in Fable: The Lost Chapters, is everyone. I think the Witcher has some too, but I've never actually played it.
The Witcher has much more than most games have in terms of romance. :naughty:

Baldur's Gate 2, and although there isn't much to it, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.

I highly recommend both games if you haven't played them yet. They both offer the choice to play as a female as well.

Uhh, well...I happen to know that the megaman games of late have been repeating the sort of "Oops! Walked in on you!" sort of deal that first appeared in MegaMan Legends 1. "OMG--get outta here! Knock first!" MML2 has a similar one, plus an unavoidable sort of 'run in' after defeating a certain hottie female boss character after you destroy her combat machine and she's thrown form it. :naughty:

Not "romance" in the strictest sense, but, you know........:roleyess:

Legend of Legaia, you can choose one of 3 different endings. 2 of which are each about a central female character...and your future...don't want to say more or I'll spoil it.

I heard Conker's Quest had a cut ending where (even for squirrels) it's what bein' a man is all about...in a sort of sims 2 fashion or so I have read...

Speaking of...Sims 2...if you don't know it by now, I ain't tellin' ya!

GTA

YEEEA BOYEE!

Mostly in the cars, but there are some a little more intimate than that...AND you can still continue to be a dirty bastard with the ladies of the night on the street corner. :lol:

Haha, that is fan service not romance GTA :p

Most "romance" in mainstream games tend to be fanservice however. While the Liara same-sex relationship is the one I opted for, it seemed to have existed as fan-service for the most part.

Kotor 1 is really the only one that immediately comes to mind. Namely, female Revan and Carth. Thought that story was handled great. Bastila/MRevan, however, was like watching a teenage couple gripe at each other.

Gordon and Alyx in Half-Life 2 is another that has thrown some subtle hints into, which I like. Nothing explicit, and its not too conventional considering Gordon never talks, but it seems to work regardless.

Other than few others, not that many. I could recommend Japanese dating sims (some of them are genuinely fantastic, and other lives up to their bad rep), but other than that there isn't too much.

Halo. ;) ... You know The Cheif wants Cortana... :p ... and possibly SGT. Johnson... Oh wow... O.o ... OH! And I think the Arbiter may have a thing for Johnson too... the way he looks at him with those eyes... pure romance!

You just killed something in me.

Halo. ;) ... You know The Cheif wants Cortana... :p ... and possibly SGT. Johnson... Oh wow... O.o ... OH! And I think the Arbiter may have a thing for Johnson too... the way he looks at him with those eyes... pure romance!

Suddenly Halo seems more interesting.

A couple more games: Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, and Sid Meier's Pirates! (in which you can have romance with as many governor's daughters as you can find, if you wanted to...)

you can pick every Final Fantasy game out there, except XII for that matter.

Sure, they all have romance, but they don't all give the player options. But in FF7, depending on your choices, you'll go on a date with a different character at a certain part, right?

Well to chip in my worldly knowledge of games:

Grim Fandango, the finest video game love story of all time.

Max Payne has a strong love story undercurrent, but Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne would go on to be one of the most serious love stories I've seen, and would fall a second on my listing of best video game love stories.

Planescape: Torment had two strong romance sideplots that were never fleshed out in their entirety, but were very prominent in themselves. Devon can explain further.

Fire Emblem for the GBA had a darn decent romance plot, I think. I can't remember a whole lot about the story, come to think of it. I ought to give it another spin sometime.

rapelay

how about Bully? Pick a nerdy/preppy/sporty/funky gal (or guy) and make out.

Sure, they all have romance, but they don't all give the player options. But in FF7, depending on your choices, you'll go on a date with a different character at a certain part, right?

Yeah, 7 does give you that, hmm. Anyway, don't go for Aerith. ;)

rapelay

Win.

Archived