Home

Is there anyway to increase stability?

Falkal

Well, I have the 1.1 patch for the domestic DVD version. I try to start the game, the screen goes black, then returns me to my desktop. I go through this 2-3 times before the game starts.

Now that i'm on, if I try to start any form of single player game, the screen goes black, and then returns me to my desktop. Multi works for one map, then when it tries to load another, it crashes.

Is there anything that I can do you make it stop doing this?

Yeah.. we're going to need computer specs to diagnose problems. SWBF2 does work with Vista.. but can be a pain sometimes. If you do have Vista, try right clicking on the start up icon and selecting "Run as administrator".

SWBF2 sometimes has an issue running with dual core cpu's as well. Check out the "SWBF2 TweakGuide" HERE for the procedure to turn one off while running the game.

If none of this helps.. post back with your comp specs.

Yeah.. we're going to need computer specs to diagnose problems. SWBF2 does work with Vista.. but can be a pain sometimes. If you do have Vista, try right clicking on the start up icon and selecting "Run as administrator".

SWBF2 sometimes has an issue running with dual core cpu's as well. Check out the "SWBF2 TweakGuide" HERE for the procedure to turn one off while running the game.

If none of this helps.. post back with your comp specs.

Yeah, it's a dual core. Let me see if that site works.

EDIT: No, I can't get it to work.

My comp is an (copied from the dxdiag log) AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz

Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3

Archived