Home

The Good Idea/Bad Idea Game

Alkonium

Good idea for the lulz, but depends in which part of the world you would organize it. It would probably work in the US, but in my neck of the woods people simply wouldn't give a damn, in Eastern Europe you'd get arrested, and in Egypt or Turkey you'd be in for a water cannon bath and a face full of tear gas.

A mandatory vacation in a mental hospital for everyone who rated Pacific Rim 8,0 on IMDB.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good idea: It'll get rid of frivolous lawsuits.

Using improperly equipped cheap angle grinders in mechanisms designed to cause the grinding/cutting wheel to shatter violently in a known trajectory meant for maiming, all automated, as part of your home security measures as countermeasures against intruders.

Bad idea. Noone will not be intimidated by that.

Starting a cult that denies the existence of Thursdays, requires its followers to wear fake beards at all times if they can't grow real ones, and believes that the best way to convert people is to lick their faces.

Bad idea, as the dedicated Friday cultists (militant fundamentalists who demand that their beards be real, whilst wearing Russian fur caps) will likely declare that all days of the week are sacred as they lead up, inevitably, to Friday. Holy war.

Deciding to become the reincarnation of Ayn Rand while actively taking Speed.

Good Idea. Nothing causes satisfaction like crushing your food, seeing it eaten before you, and hearing the lamentations of its puppies.

Creating a fortress made out of cardboard boxes in the middle of Walmart, locking down the store, and forcing the residents to participate in a slightly more American version of Battle Royale, only around a cardboard fort.

Excellent idea. Kind of like pitching a tent in the furniture asile and making a fort of pillow cushions and telling service employees they may only enter if they bring along hot cocoa and have a duel with nerf swords.

(BTW Nice to see you back CommanderQ!)

Using duct tape to clog a muffler.

• 2 months later...

Not sure I can make it purely out of duct tape, but I'll prototype it with other parts when I'm finished!

Making a law that punishes congress exempting itself from or being taxpayer subsidized for any mandated policy with people all over the country being allowed to play nail the jackass to the politician with a hammer, nails and aluminum jackasses with no penalty to those citizens for acting against the politicians.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived