Home

Possible Home Planet of Yoda

I know some of you are tired of people like me who have ideas about Yoda's species and home planet, but I have a theory that could possibly be canon.

Yoda's home world may be Brodo Asogi A.K.A. the Green Planet.

Brodo Asogi is the home world of the Children of the Green Planet (E.T.). The planet was first mentioned in the book Cloak of Deception. The Children A.K.A. E.T. were featured in TPM during one of the senate scenes.

In the movie E.T. while going out trick or treating as a ghost, the little alien had spotted a child wearing a Yoda mask. At first glance E.T. started to chase the child while saying "Home, home". The quote may be proof that Yoda was from E.T.'s home planet.

Since E.T.s species is canon in SW this could be a possibility. Yoda's species could have been from the same planet as the Children of the Green Planet due to my information given above.

The quote "Home, home" could also be referred to their home galaxy, in which case would completely debunk my theory.

Also the two species (Yoda's and E.T.'s) looks very much alike in the face. Because of this they could be closely related or one group of one species evolved into the other. This also could be why Yoda's species is very rare in the galaxy. All but a small few could have evolved into E.T.s.

This of corse is just my speculation! So what do you think?

I wouldn't call a cameo canon...cool theory though :)

But George Lucas has stated the home planet will never be revealed. It adds something to the mystery of the species. Just like there won't be any Wookiee Jedi's, another GL decision. It would damage his view of Star Wars.

Nice theory there Starkiller, but the problem with the 'Home home!' thing is that word consists of almost half of his English vocabulary in the movie. ET could have ran up to a poorly dressed batman yelling "Home! Home!"

Just like there won't be any Wookiee Jedi's, another GL decision. It would damage his view of Star Wars.

Outside of the movies, anything is possible!

(Tyvokka and Lowbacca)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I wouldn't call a cameo canon...cool theory though :)

But George Lucas has stated the home planet will never be revealed. It adds something to the mystery of the species. Just like there won't be any Wookiee Jedi's, another GL decision. It would damage his view of Star Wars.

I saw a Wookie on the Jedi Council in the Phantom Menace. I think GL has a very flexible view of Star Wars, with all the retcon since the 97 remakes to now. The biggest example is how Anakin became a Master for the New Clone Wars, and being denied that was part of what drove him over the edge in Episode III.

Cool theory btw :) It would be awesome if it were a true canon hint at Yoda's home world it could mean we are much closer to twilek dancing girls and droid bartenders than we thought ;)

I think that it makes plenty of sense that they were a related species from the same system. As Chewie and Bossk are. That galaxy as shown, is probably meant to be assumed to have totally changed since what we see, like for how long it takes to come from 3 galaxies away. And since Yoda lived 900 years, then a related species who are longlived would be prime for extra-galactic travel. So perhaps by the time Kleeborp went back the technology in that galaxy would be reduced to what ours is. If you really look by example, we regress more through time rather than progress. Only propaganda by people who benefit from the regression keep us thinking that now things are better than ever. If you do your own research instead of what the establishment points you toward, you can find that right here on Earth, things were more high tech than they have progressed to in propogated history. Big glass bowels found under desert sand of middle eastern countries, older than the first recorded atomic bombs of the 20th century. Teleportation nodes in ancient ruins on lay lines. Pyramids under the ocean by Japan, and in the Bermuda Triangle (thought by some to be part of a wireless power grid). Mumies an hyroglyphics in the Grand Canyon. 7 foot redbearded skeletons in ancient caves of Utah. Crystalized mummies standing in normal day to day positions in India. This was thought to only happen by a kind of flash weapon similar to nukes. All dating back further than cannon history. At some point we appear to have blasted ourselves to the stone age, maybe a few times. Or maybe an outside force took our toys away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived