Home

Assassin's Creed 2, anyone?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There have been a lot of rumors that it would be set in Venice and that trailer definitely supports those. I am really looking forward to it, despite what people say about AC being too repetitive I was fine with that as I thought it was so fun that I enjoyed doing the missions and the extra stuff.

The first AC was awesome, hope the sequel will prove as enjoyable. Not a lot that I can make out of this teaser, except of course Da Vinci's Vitruvian Man, but how it'll fit into AC2, I have no idea. Though I quite like the idea of a game set in 15-16th Century Italy. :)

despite what people say about AC being too repetitive
By people you mean me right? :xp: The missions were repetitive and the combat system wasn't very... deep. All that being said I still loved the game. I just think that with so many people working on the development staff that they could have thought up a bit more varied ideas for the missions. Basically the entire mission structure goes like this. Get assigned a target, Pickpocket a dude, Interrogate a dude, Eavesdrop on dudes, assassinate main dude. You just unlocked a new fighting move, but all you need to do is block and counter kill! Repeat. It was ****ing fun, the first few times, then I was like ok screw this, I'm just gonna go climb a tower and jump from insane heights into a pile of hay. Assassin's Creed was great, but it could have been awesome so I'm expecting a lot more from Creed 2 and I hope I'm not disappointed.

There have been a lot of rumors that it would be set in Venice and that trailer definitely supports those. I am really looking forward to it, despite what people say about AC being too repetitive I was fine with that as I thought it was so fun that I enjoyed doing the missions and the extra stuff.

Venice sounds like a good choice. I was put off by the early rumours that it was going to be set in Japan, but Italy sounds great.

This all looks very intriguing indeed - I am among those rabid fans of Assassin's Creed too, so any news of a sequel is welcome! :lol:

As for the trailer - very mysterious. Which is good - it's no fun seeing trailers which give away every last surprise about a game. Venice sounds like a very interesting setting - and in terms of surrounding areas, maybe we'll see a little of the Holy Roman Empire, or France. Rome would be incredible for something like this, I think.

Haha I loved this game... I think I stayed up until 2am for 3 days when the first one came out LOL (I beat it on the third day)

But, the trailer looks like it's going to take place durring the renaissance, I'm guess they are going to start it in Italy around the time of Da Vinci (Going off the anatomy images) Who knows, maybe they'll have to steal some artwork from da vinci, that would be quite a story :) I can't wait to see where this is headed!!! :)

-Pete

Like one of the above posters, I had fun with the game for the first few hours; then it got WAY too repetitive. Same exact stuff over and over, and combat = block/counter. I'm hoping number 2 is a little more creative (mission/quest wise, story and such were great), involves more varied side quests, and some more open world exploration as well.

The first Assassin's Creed was awesome and hopefully the second will be even better.

One thing though - if the sequel is related to Da Vinci, then it means we'll have to play as a different assassin this time. No more Altair. :(

The missions were repetitive and the combat system wasn't very... deep.
Indeed. It quickly grew stale after the first couple of missions. There were some nice ideas and it actually ran surprisingly well given the level size and draw distance. They just needed a bit more varied content.

I was put off by the early rumours that it was going to be set in Japan
Not sure why. I think Ninja's Creed would be kind of cool, especially if it was a bit more stealth oriented and not the usual portrayal of ninja as unstoppable juggernauts of destruction (a la Ninja Gaiden et al.).

I can understand why people found it repetative, but I was okay with it. Tenchu Z is similar to Assassin's Creed in that respect, where you just have to do the same type of missions over and over again, but when the gameplay is that good it's easy to overlook it, as it's so damn fun to play.

Not sure why. I think Ninja's Creed would be kind of cool, especially if it was a bit more stealth oriented and not the usual portrayal of ninja as unstoppable juggernauts of destruction (a la Ninja Gaiden et al.).
Mini Ninjas... game is gonna be epic.

They have an analysis of the teaser here: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47788.html

Interesting. I see the hidden Hashasin knife on the teaser and, wait... A wing?! Yes, that's definetly a da Vinci-esque wing project. That's intriguing to say the least.

Still, I'll wait a bit longer - say, until gameplay is actually shown - before drooling and wet my pants.

Well, if the game takes place indeed during the last years of the 15th century as rumored, then there's a lot of things to spice things up. Among the major events there're the national states beggining to take shape in detriment of feudalism, the Renaissance (which is probably involved, due to those da Vinci sketches), America is found, etc..

If the game does start in 1490, however, and if they're going to stick with the muslims Hashashin, it'd make sense if somehow the Reconquista (which ended in 1492, with the surrender of Granada to the Spanish kingdoms and Portugal) was involved, since it's a direct incursion of Arabs and Berbers in Europe. Either that, or maybe the rise of the Ottoman Empire, after their conquest of Constantinople in 1453, if memory serves.

Archived