Home

Assassin's Creed 2, anyone?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow guy's . . . after reading this thread I bought the game and well, I love it! If there is a Creed 2 then I will most definetly buy the game. Originally I had thought this was one of those, 'Hitman' game's but seriously, this is far more fun. Thank's alot, you've just given me 36(?) hour's of entertainment! :D

I loved the story and motives behind Assassin's Creed - but it was WAY too repetitive - it was kill after kill after kill - not much roleplay - the combat was simple -- u can go a whole run without dying - just use block and counter attacks..

If Assassin's Creed 2 stops the repetition - I may buy it.

Here's an overview of the newest issue of Game Informer which apparently some people have gotten their hands on early: link.

- You'll have a ton of new weapons to choose from including an axe, a hammer, a mace, a spear, 2 different sword types, a spear axe, and 2 smaller blades

- You CAN swim

- Da Vincis workshop is in the game

- Locations include Saint Marks Basilica, The Grand Canal, The Little Canal, and the Rialto bridge.

- The game opens in 1476, Altair is from 1191

- So you do indeed play as a new ancestor of Altair / Desmond

-You will see the countryside of Tuscany

- The "Auditore" family is mentioned

- The main characters name is Ezio Auditore de Firenze

- He is a nobleman of Florence

- Big characters are in the game including Machiavelli, Caterina Sofrza, and Lorenzo de Medici

- YOU DO INDEED GLIDE on Da Vincis flying machine.

- Game will feature a new notoriety system that governs how enemy soldiers and people will treat you.

- You can disarm enemies and use their own weapons against them this time.

- Each weapon has a special move.

- 16 unique mission types.

- No more ease dropping or pick pocketing missions.

- If you get beat up to much you will need to see a street side doctor to regain full strength.

- Hidden objects (like flags in the first one) are there to uncover but this time if you track them down you will get in-game bonuses that make it worth your time.

- Items include, flags, statues, and gold coins and more that isnt mentioned.

- New enemy types with unique attitudes and weaknesses are present in the game. Archers are mentioned, as well as elite enemies, dagger wielders, "Brutish" armored troops with heavy armor and 2 handed swords and axes, and an intelligent halberd enemy will probe hiding places with their weapons if they think you're near by.

- While hiding in a hay bail you can assassinate people this time, but it may expose your position.

- You can still climb towers and ride horses

- The Lorendo de Medici assassination attempt is in the game.

- There is now a night and day sequence in the game.

- 240 people are working on this title.

assassins2.jpg

I never liked when a game changes its protagonist, but I am still looking forward to AC 2.

As for the issues with the original:

1) The combat system was great. You don't just hack/slash through tons of opponents, but you need to defend yourself and land a killing blow when you see an opening (or you run away and find a hiding spot). Also the hidden blade hits were just pure awesomeness.

2) The sub-missions/tasks were definitely repetitive, but they were worth playing through and they didn't damage the quality of the story. The main hits were, again, pure awesomeness.

One thing bothers me though, there was one inaccessible area (Kingdom map) near Acre with no possibility (that I know of) to unlock it. Anyone knows what's up with that? Is it some kind of cut content or what?

The cover is sweet! I dont really like the cape though.
Edna: [throws a wadded ball of paper at Bob's head] No capes!

It sounds good, but games always sound good. I guess I'm going to have to review my 15th century history though. I might have to go to GameStop and read that issue of GI. I'm intrigued by the MAG preview, I wanna know more about how that game works.

You can swin and that does it, I'm practically sold. I guess that in Venice that's a must, though. The new Ancestor looks just as awesome as Altair.

Echoing the rest of the world, they MUST fix the repetitive side-missions, though. Kinda reminded me of Spiderman Ultimate side-quests....

I've found a good article for all you guy's drooling over this info! :thmbup1:

http://lifelessly-yours.blogspot.com/2009/04/assassins-creed-2-facts-theories-and.html

Enjoy! Oh and I hope this clear's some thing's up for you.

Edit: Made a short slideshow out of some Assassins Creed 2 art :D

http://img114.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img114/4921/1239655567pc5.smil

Archived