Home

Assassin's Creed 2, anyone?

The Animus was Vidic's life's work, and I got the impression the one in AC1 was the only one given that it was still temperamental and unproven. It also seemed pretty clear to me that all the previous test subjects had been liquidated, as they had been driven mad by the "bleeding" that occurred when delving into past memories and had outlived their usefulness.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"To help the assassins in their quest' date=' Desmond will be exploring his DNA to find another ancestor’s memory: Ezio Auditore Di Firenze; a nobleman who lived at the end of the 15th Century in Italy. Betrayed by the ruling families of Italy, Ezio embarks upon an epic quest for vengeance. To his allies, he will become a force for change - fighting for freedom and justice. To his enemies, he will become a boogey man – dedicated to the destruction of the tyrants abusing the people of Italy. On his quest for vengeance, Ezio – and Desmond through Ezio’s story – will uncover a much bigger plot: A conspiracy rooted in Assassin’s Creed and that still impact the world of Desmond – our very world."[/quote']

Sébastien Puel's (the producer of Assassin's Creed II) interview for gamesryde.com expert. [source]

What is interesting it says to help in the ASSASSINS quest. Not the Templers(Abstergo).

This could mean the Assassins get to Desmond, and take over the Animus place. I dont think they could move the Animus.

Or it could be a mistake.

Edit: By the way Jade Raymond IS on Assassins Creed 2, as executive producer. http://www.bild.de/BILD/digital/spiele/ubisoft/artikel/assassins-creed-2/actionspiel.html

• 1 month later...

The thing I'm worried about this game is the game play. Judging from the game play footage at E3, it seems to play out almost like the original game. You get a mission and you go to kill the person you've been assigned to kill. The reason why I'm worried about this is because of how repetitive this will be. I know it was repetitive in the original so I Really hope it won't be repetitive in the sequel.

Other then that concern, the trailer was brilliant. Absolutely amazing. It has got me hyped up for the game.

^They said they took those 5 mission types, increased them to 15 or 16 then did different combinations and made around 200+ different missions. Also there are new ways to kill, more weapons, greater variety of buildings.

So yea I think it will be a bit less repetitive.

^They said they took those 5 mission types, increased them to 15 or 16 then did different combinations and made around 200+ different missions. Also there are new ways to kill, more weapons, greater variety of buildings.

So yea I think it will be a bit less repetitive.

Double-hand blade ftw :D - i loved how the crowd was in awe on the demo when he used em on two guards.

• 5 months later...

So, it's been out for a bit now.

Anyone else bought it? I'm really enjoying it, even if I do find some of it frustrating (i'm not a big fan of timed sequences in games, so it annoys me when i'm forced to take part in them to progress). But I really do love the setting, and the atmosphere it creates.

The economy system is very interesting, as are the weapon upgrades and armour you can buy (and there's even a chance to get hold of Altair's armour later on in the game, though I haven't gotten that far yet).

Anyone else enjoying it?

Yeah I got it, its pretty good. Got it around 5pm today and just got off, its 3:30am now...

Haha Genius.

I have it, and have got all weapons and armour available in game - except for one weapon that cant be bought - it's so annoying - it's next to the "Maul" weapon on the racks

I beat it just yesterday, enjoyed it a lot more than the first one but it definitely still has some flaws. Economy is balanced for the first half of the game, after that you get about 100k florins and nothing to spend them on. Side missions are still extremely boring, I couldn't get myself to go back after the story and do all the courier/race quests. The assassination contracts got boring after the 5th one.

If they can make the third one with an exciting 25 hour story like the second, with a balanced economy system (and not a one armor trumps all), and actual interesting side quests; it could be an amazing, amazing game.

I got this at release last Monday night/Tuesday morning - didn't put it away until school that morning.

Every single gripe people had with the first game (repetitive missions in particular) has been thrown out or redone. New weapons, armor, clothes, and more diverse locations are a huge improvement, but what really stood out to me was how the plot is completely story-driven. Side missions and main plot missions are set apart now, so it doesn't seem like you're just doing random things that somehow contribute to your investigation, which gives a much more cinematic feel. Ezio is an actual character, too (an extremely likable one, in my opinion), unlike Altair, who was basically just a typical, loner, bad-ass tough guy with a monotone voice.

I'm even more eagerly awaiting part 3 than I was for this one, especially since

the ending is just as much of a "what the hell just happened" cliffhanger as the first, if not more so.

I got this at release last Monday night/Tuesday morning - didn't put it away until school that morning.

Every single gripe people had with the first game (repetitive missions in particular) has been thrown out or redone. New weapons, armor, clothes, and more diverse locations are a huge improvement, but what really stood out to me was how the plot is completely story-driven. Side missions and main plot missions are set apart now, so it doesn't seem like you're just doing random things that somehow contribute to your investigation, which gives a much more cinematic feel. Ezio is an actual character, too (an extremely likable one, in my opinion), unlike Altair, who was basically just a typical, loner, bad-ass tough guy with a monotone voice.

I'm even more eagerly awaiting part 3 than I was for this one, especially since

the ending is just as much of a "what the hell just happened" cliffhanger as the first, if not more so.

In a way they gave Altair some more of a character in 2 with the codex, if you read through it.

And yea I agree the ending was even more confusing than the last, I think the "WTF" desmond said after he got out summed it up nicely

yeah, i beat the game already. fantastically done, overall. easily the best game i've played all year, and there's been some excellent games this year.

for those that have played it:

did any of you get the whole movie clip unlocked for "The Truth", which is supposed to explain some of the back story?? and while we're talking about the back story, i know that it felt a hell of a a lot like Stargate, but not really at the same time. if you caught some of the references, they also hint that humans are aliens to this world (one of the puzzle sequences to unlock the truth has a file that explains that the Templars provided a fake missing link in the evolutionary line).

overall, its just flat out weird and almost overly complicated, IMHO. i'm just hoping that they'll manage to dig themselves out of the hole they dug regarding that backstory.

yeah, i beat the game already. fantastically done, overall. easily the best game i've played all year, and there's been some excellent games this year.

for those that have played it:

did any of you get the whole movie clip unlocked for "The Truth", which is supposed to explain some of the back story?? and while we're talking about the back story, i know that it felt a hell of a a lot like Stargate, but not really at the same time. if you caught some of the references, they also hint that humans are aliens to this world (one of the puzzle sequences to unlock the truth has a file that explains that the Templars provided a fake missing link in the evolutionary line).

overall, its just flat out weird and almost overly complicated, IMHO. i'm just hoping that they'll manage to dig themselves out of the hole they dug regarding that backstory.

Yea I got all the truth files. I dont know about humans being aliens, but Minerva said that her race created the humans and controlled them with the Pieces of Eden. However some were immune to them, like Adam and Eve, so they stole one and rebelled.

Archived