Home

Assassin's Creed 2, anyone?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Played through it, the tutorial took forever, but was very entertaining (mother's "other outlets" line), but the end was awwwwful. I don't like the whole sci-fi dystopian Adam and Eve crap. Stay in Italy, let me beat on the pope and leave everything else for a spin-off series, if that.

Non spoiler version:

The ending = :ugh:

Also, I think it's worth mentioning that the word "vendetta" is never uttered once during the course of the game. Ever. By anyone.

I agree, the ending was really a "wtf," moment; I have a feeling they are going to milk a couple more "go in the past scenarios," before making the final game a splinter cell-esque title. I could also see them making many, many, spin-off titles based on countless other assassins in a wide variety of historical time periods (each with their own conclusive story).

Also, why the hell were the elite Abstergo agents at the end of the game wearing casual jeans/jackets and carrying sticks; was I dreaming?

I have a feeling they are going to milk a couple more "go in the past scenarios," before making the final game a splinter cell-esque title.
Oh? Where did you get this news from?

The main focus right now is the the third game. It'll most likely conclude the trilogy and answer all of our questions. As for spin offs, they might make a few but I don't see the harm in it. Seems like a good way to expand the fictional universe.

Also, I think it's worth mentioning that the word "vendetta" is never uttered once during the course of the game. Ever. By anyone.

...Bastards!

Anyway - I have gotten up to the glider mission, just finished it. I have altair's armor, altair's sword and altair's costume - the costume is a Uplay extra.

I really like this game so far. Vast improvement from AC1 which had nought story..

I didn't understand a word that woman/god said at the end...

I enjoyed bein able to counter attack abstergo agents with hidden blade.

I hear AC3 has no time/location confirmed but there was talk of WWII - dunno where.. but its said it might be a woman to play as...in my opinion, that sucks.

A) It doesn't feel right to have a woman in white robes with hidden blades..

B) Are they seriously gonna make enemies have melee weapons? coz if they made it into a gun game, given the era, then it ISNT assassin's creed and if they did use melee then it still doesnt fit the WWII era

I didn't understand a word that woman/god said at the end...

I enjoyed bein able to counter attack abstergo agents with hidden blade.

I hear AC3 has no time/location confirmed but there was talk of WWII - dunno where.. but its said it might be a woman to play as...in my opinion, that sucks.

B) Are they seriously gonna make enemies have melee weapons? coz if they made it into a gun game, given the era, then it ISNT assassin's creed and if they did use melee then it still doesnt fit the WWII era

I don't see what's wrong with playing as a woman. And as we've seen the fashion change between the first two games, it would be safe to assume that they probably wouldn't be wearing robes.

Seeing as pretty much any time period after the 15th century would be dominated by black powder and more conventional firearms, it would be pretty stupid not to include firearms. And if it was set in WWII (Occupied Europe would be my bet), then it would be pretty safe to assume that Desmond's alter-ego would be given a gun as well.

Obviously because she should be in the kitchen, naked, making me a damn pie :carms:
Well, technically, said woman should wear an apron (and only an apron), a white apron, whilst making pie, and she would need knives to cut/slice said pie, who's to say those knives cannot be initially hidden.

Well, technically, said woman should wear an apron (and only an apron), a white apron, whilst making pie, and she would need knives to cut/slice said pie, who's to say those knives cannot be initially hidden.

^ This is why I love you Mav. XD

No idea how they would do it, but judging by his quote, I highly doubt it will be a female lead anyway...

Producer Sébastien Puel said that Assassin’s Creed 3 might be played with a female assassin in a World War 2 setting..see below for his quote..

“We’ve had discussions on that very topic,” said Puel. “It could be really interesting but we’d need to find the right time period and place for that.

“Where would that make sense? We don’t want to just decide we want to change and have a female hero as the first inspiration is always the time period, but if you’re talking about, say, World War II the economies in England and France were run by women because the men were off fighting."

• 1 month later...

I just started the pc version yesterday.

The ubisoft DRM requires you create a login and after that you dont really notice it.... unless your connection drops out of course :p Luckily this has not happened to me - I'm not sure exactly how often the game saves but there seem to be a checkpoint type thing - eg, after completing a task, scaling a viewpoint etc.

I think I like AC and Renaissance Italy far too much to not enjoy this game. I'm reading all the database entries with glee and climbing up buildings I've dreamed of seeing since studying Italian Renaissance Art in university. I still haven't got around to climbing Brunelleschi's dome, so I'm really looking forward to that (the first dome of its type since Roman Times). I'm actually hoping to visit Florence later this year so getting a refresher about the locations and history is fun.

Using a controller is a delight. So until my net crashes when Im in the middle of a boss fight, I'm totally happy with it ;) I would like the safety of hack to bypass the net check and am waiting to see how long it will be until someone cracks it. I understand people will boycott the pc version because of ubi's DRM policies, and absolutely understand that. I'm happy to fork out to support the artists, coders, writers etc. who put their blood, sweat and tears to make such a unique game. Games with such Historical depth are few and far between.

Alot of people tipped 3-4 days... so we'll have to wait and see :p

I love how the townsfolk swear at you when you are looting people you've decked...

"Figlio di Puttana!" LMAO

The funniest was... "He must be from Napoli" OMG..... if you are familiar with the regional biases Italians have.. this is really funny... I cant imagine any Neapolitans playing would be impressed though :D

mtfbwya

Yesterday I bought AC2 and know what happened.

I can't get through the stupid Animus tutorial (Still in Abstergo)!!!

So if someone has a solution to this, ~snipped~ or a save game right after the Animus tutorial please post a link.

I love how the townsfolk swear at you when you are looting people you've decked...

"Figlio di Puttana!" LMAO

The funniest was... "He must be from Napoli" OMG..... if you are familiar with the regional biases Italians have.. this is really funny... I cant imagine any Neapolitans playing would be impressed though :D

Hmm, yes, they say that if you travel through Napoli and the areas around it (Sicily included), you're not safe even in the air. A plane might work, but don't stick your hand out of the window if you're wearing a watch because there's a very high chance it will mysteriously disappear. ;)

This is, of course, exaggerated, but that's the whole point. I live no more than 80km away from Italy, so I hear about these things without even wanting to. :D

P.S. All the stories you may have heard about mafia on Sicily are true. :p If you ever go there, don't be surprised if you encounter a bunch of Mafiosos shooting each other with machine guns. ;)

Archived