Home

Assassin's Creed 2, anyone?

I just started the pc version yesterday.

The ubisoft DRM requires you create a login and after that you dont really notice it.... unless your connection drops out of course :p Luckily this has not happened to me - I'm not sure exactly how often the game saves but there seem to be a checkpoint type thing - eg, after completing a task, scaling a viewpoint etc.

I think I like AC and Renaissance Italy far too much to not enjoy this game. I'm reading all the database entries with glee and climbing up buildings I've dreamed of seeing since studying Italian Renaissance Art in university. I still haven't got around to climbing Brunelleschi's dome, so I'm really looking forward to that (the first dome of its type since Roman Times). I'm actually hoping to visit Florence later this year so getting a refresher about the locations and history is fun.

Using a controller is a delight. So until my net crashes when Im in the middle of a boss fight, I'm totally happy with it ;) I would like the safety of hack to bypass the net check and am waiting to see how long it will be until someone cracks it. I understand people will boycott the pc version because of ubi's DRM policies, and absolutely understand that. I'm happy to fork out to support the artists, coders, writers etc. who put their blood, sweat and tears to make such a unique game. Games with such Historical depth are few and far between.

Alot of people tipped 3-4 days... so we'll have to wait and see :p

I love how the townsfolk swear at you when you are looting people you've decked...

"Figlio di Puttana!" LMAO

The funniest was... "He must be from Napoli" OMG..... if you are familiar with the regional biases Italians have.. this is really funny... I cant imagine any Neapolitans playing would be impressed though :D

mtfbwya

I played through the whole game in spoken Italian with English subs, such an authentic feel to it!

Enjoy the game, my favourite place is Firenze.

Favourite kill is double stealth blade kill, nothing is cooler in the entire universe ever.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping to pick up this game--can't decide if I want to get the 360 version to avoid the obnoxious DRM issue or get the PC version in order to install mods in the future. Decisions, decisions.

I heard there was a huge problem for PC players this weekend with Ubisoft's servers being down. After seeing this happen to Bioware's servers when ME2 came out, I was expecting something similar to happen to Ubisoft, too. Maybe they'll rethink this idea. Or not.

It looks like masses of fun, though I really don't want to support Ubi's DRM decision. I figure I'll just hold off until the price drops, so that I don't support them too much, but still get the game. Yes, that sounds like a lame excuse to me too, but if I pretend to myself enough that it's ok, it will be.

I'm hoping to pick up this game--can't decide if I want to get the 360 version to avoid the obnoxious DRM issue or get the PC version in order to install mods in the future. Decisions, decisions.

I heard there was a huge problem for PC players this weekend with Ubisoft's servers being down. After seeing this happen to Bioware's servers when ME2 came out, I was expecting something similar to happen to Ubisoft, too. Maybe they'll rethink this idea. Or not.

Did Ubisoft even release mod tools for the game? I would recommend getting it for the 360 regardless of the mods or not because that DRM is just ridiculous.

Yes, that sounds like a lame excuse to me too, but if I pretend to myself enough that it's ok, it will be.

No excuse is lame if you don't want it to be :p

I'm imagining the $90AUD I paid for the game has snuck past the fat cats in corporate and is being distributed among the pimply young coders and testers, who will use the cash to buy a Cindy Crawford poster and 2 cinder blocks and some chipboard/pine slats to make a college grade coffee table/entertainment unit. :thmbup1:

Fig. 1

cinder.jpg

mtfbwya

Archived