Home

The Amazing JK Enhanced

CrisG

I am just starting to play thru JK fully with JKE and am amazed at the great quality improvement, it is a stunning and beautiful work and really enhances the game tremendously. I really appreciate the hard work that went into this and this brings JK up to the Enhanced Gold Standard of a number of similar enhancement efforts for other SW games and is a wonderful achievment. Shred did an amazing work with this. Credits at end of this post..and linkeys in case you dont have this amazing enhancement yet.

It is great to see how these classic games continue to evolve and retain their fine qualities.

jediknightenhanced1.jpg

the improved textures and the great level design and lighting make this a wonderful visual experince as well as a great journey in the SW saga...

jediknightenhanced2.jpg

the lighting and the surprises really make the progression of the game great, and the vast improvement of the visuals is wonderful...

jediknightenhanced3.jpg

jediknightenhanced4.jpg

the compliation and selection of enhanced textures is just right for the settings and the scenes they are selected for...

jediknightenhanced5.jpg

and the many varied environments make the game continually surprising and fun....

and the improved models make the game itself fit more with the excellent cut scenes and in game vids... a great job on this enhancement indeed.

jediknightenhanced6.jpg

along with the Tie Figher Total Conversion, the X Wing Alliance U project, the Team Gizka soon to be released restoration of KoTOR II and the combined work of X Wing Redux and the currently active project to translate XWR into english, and the great DF Mod into JKA the entire series is alive and evolving in great ways.

JKE

http://www.jkhub.net/project/show.php?projid=242

Credits

Don (Shred) Robb - The hundreds of models, textures, and sprites. Me so crazy!

CaptBewil - The R2D2, and the civilian R2 models.

Emon - For the Blaster Fire models.

Descent_pilot - The power boost model, and the Moldy Crow model.

The contributors at http://www.xwaupgrade.com/ for the vehicle models, including:

Decoy - For the tie bomber model

Darksaber - For the Lamda class shuttle

Hell Raiser - For converting the xwa models to 3do

Sige and ZeqMacaw - For patching JK till it works!

Excellent, will check it out in my play session today. thanks for the heads up guys. I had read about that work by Z but i had comfused it with the JKE work..so thanks, will try it. Great to see work continuing. Now if we can get it for MotS :)

well with mots,thats a bit difficult since nobodys doing anything with it,but what i did is rename the file extensions from gob to goo and most of the texture fixes and npcs show up in mots as they do in jk.which is cool since i did not expect this to work at all for mots.

well basically all i did was take the jk enhanced file and the retexture file and renamed them from gob to goo,thats it,again it only changes what was changed and upgraded in jk,ie if they didnt change the ships then in mots they dont change,but if you notice like for example the gran and stormies have changed and look better this change shows up in mots.hope that makes it more clear.

Great ..that is good to know. As Darksaber and the crew at XWAU allowed them to use the models that were created for the enhanced XWA for JKE, maybe if we do end up working up some additions to the enhancements for MotS they will allow more of the great enhanced ships in the DSUCP to be used as enhanced versions, i havent played MotS all the way thru yet so i dont know which ships appear yet.

Excellent, there are some reallly good upgraded and enhanced ships that have been made for the XWAU project, in fact hundreds of them, and some of them are fantastic in detail...and more are being made ...so that would be a great addition..if we can get permission from the guys who made them and if it works out to make an enhancement for MotS :)

Yep i saw that permission from Z ...i was referring to the ship models that were made for the XWing Alliance Upgrade project and Darksaber and others fine ship models and seeing about permission to use them if an enhanced MotS is done someday.

Yep i saw that permission from Z ...i was referring to the ship models that were made for the XWing Alliance Upgrade project and Darksaber and others fine ship models and seeing about permission to use them if an enhanced MotS is done someday.

oh yea they are pretty chill around there as long as you ask and give credit

I see the ships so far can use improvment in MotS. The new texture pack and JKE do indeed add a lot when converted.

The ships that need to be added from xwau should only be

Mara Jade's Ship

Falcon/YT-1300

R-41

ST Transport

T-Wing

Tie Fighter

Tie Interceptor

Already in JKE

Lambda Shuttle

Moldy Crow

Tie Bomber

I think that's all of them... Could be missing a few

I must say the Enhanced Texture pack really does a good job on JK, in the aceduct area it is remarkable....

jediknightwithgoodtextu.jpg

and another shot from later in the game from a buddy who has told me a lot about this great addition to enhancements for JK

jediknightlaterlevels.jpg

Darksaber and the XWAU did a ton of great X wings so that would be nice to see if they would let one come to MotS.

http://www.xwaupgrade.com/

hmm i havent had that happen to me and im using both saber battle x fot jk and saber battle x for mots,and they dont overwrite the models,at least not for me,the way i found that i could get it to work was to drop the gob inside the the jke folder alongside the jke gob.

chris has some screenshots of the lightsaber mod im using maybe he could upload some of them so you could see what im taking about.

with mots i was able to get the jke.gob to work in mots by renamaming it to goo and putting it in my jkm folder withat goo and editing a 2nd bat to work with the jkm folder.

i never really liked the saber ingame and the saber battle x mod was the one i enjoyed the most especially since it allowed me to turn off the saber and keep it in my hands.

Here are screen shots from both JKE (with both the Enhanced mod that improves the models and some of the textures and sprites AND the Texture pack) from Jedi Mike to demo the improvments....

jshot025.jpg

jshot026.jpg

98760175.jpg

28313692.jpg

jshot042.jpg

jshot043.jpg

jshot044.jpg

these are also about a ehanced saber mod.....saber mod that we have been discussing which works in both JK and MoTS, and allows some nice adjustments and custom settings for the saber...

and in MoTS....

here are pics from MoTS.....of the JKE pack and the new Texture Pack which also work in MoTS if you re name the Gob files to Goo and place them correctly in the folder tree... these pics are also from Jedi Mike

shot0007k.jpg

shot0077.jpg

72149295.jpg

shot0078.jpg

Many thanks chris for posting these,i just wanted to show that the sbx saber mod does work with jke and mots.

JKLE_Cougar,at the moment im not doing much online play,sadily,but ill let you know once i open up some time,thats the critical factor with me at the moment,im open to it,also you can use the mod JKLE_Cougar,i never actually stopped using it.again i prefer this mod over the standard ingame saber.

Archived