Home

The Amazing JK Enhanced

CrisG

I am cirious as to how you did it cause when I did it, it overwrote Kyle for me....

anyway those shots look awesome

also if you want SBX or any other JK mod your looking in the wrong spot

go to http://www.massassi.net

they have every level/mod released.... except for a few exceptions...

and for recent stuff go to http://www.jkhub.net

eventually it will all be on http://www.jkdf2.net << this is the new home for JK that is run by me and ReT :)

JKLE_Cougar,when the whole thing of jke was started i noticed that the saber was just not how i wanted it and looked for a mod i had used back when i used to play jk and mots.the problem was as you said it overwrote the models but i found out through experimenting that if i put the gob of sbx inside my jke folder inside the jk base folder,the mod would run just like you saw in the screenshots.

since i bring up jke using the bat file the sbx for jk is inside my jke folder and the game brings up both mods together.

mots i wanted to see if it was possibile to put the new models in jke in mots and i found a way also the same with the new texture pack for jk as well and in my base folder of mots i have a folder named jkm,inside i have my sbx for mots and the jke.gob except renamed to goo.

chris i think put up a location for people to get it but i passed the 2 files to chris both sbx,but yes if im not mistaken i mustve gotten both files from massassi,back in who knows late 1999?maybe?

i cant remember when i got them,but i still kept them because of how it looked and and main thing of having the saber i the off mode in your hands,i never understood how lucasarts didnt make it that way.

Yes Massassi Temple is very well revered site for mods and the hub as well, and your new site is a great resource also, we are glad to see so much great work for JK and MoTS preserved and continuing. It is great to see. I only host a few individual files that are useful and apply to articles or posts that i make about these games.

yes,its a add on level titled escape from eriadu,that one and the continuing adventures of mara jade are some of the best and my 2 super faves from mots.

The best one for jk was siege on derra 4,hands down that one was just amazing,play it with jke,god its so much better with the new textures and models!

yes thats why i had to find a way to get sbx to work because patch commander would not work for me now,but im glad to say i got the sbx mods to work with the jke mod.

yes,its a add on level titled escape from eriadu,that one and the continuing adventures of mara jade are some of the best and my 2 super faves from mots.

The best one for jk was siege on derra 4,hands down that one was just amazing,play it with jke,god its so much better with the new textures and models!

yes thats why i had to find a way to get sbx to work because patch commander would not work for me now,but im glad to say i got the sbx mods to work with the jke mod.

I tried siege on derra 4 with the JKE and I saved the game but when I died and tried to load the game it froze up. I could only get the JKE to work with the main Jedi Knight game. Any Ideas?

Ham yoyo,i just tried siege on derra 4 and did a very fast quicksave and exited the game and then loaded my quicksave through the game menu and i had no problems.Have you had problems with saves in the regular game using jke?

Are you using any other mods?It would be interesting to see if anybody else is having this problem,i know im not,but you never know.

since the jke mod extends to all add on levels basically you should not be having a problem with saving if you can save during the main game.

Ham yoyo,i just tried siege on derra 4 and did a very fast quicksave and exited the game and then loaded my quicksave through the game menu and i had no problems.Have you had problems with saves in the regular game using jke?

Are you using any other mods?It would be interesting to see if anybody else is having this problem,i know im not,but you never know.

since the jke mod extends to all add on levels basically you should not be having a problem with saving if you can save during the main game.

I will try to load it through the game menu. I'm not running any other mods and I haven't had any trouble with the main game. But I haven't done much with it because the game is still a little dated for me. And for the first 5 years I had the game I played it like crazy before JO came along. But I still love JO and JA.

While I disagree with some of the creative choices (everything doesn't have to look just like Jedi Outcast..!), overall it's a pretty cool accomplishment, and I was excited to see some of my old faves like the Veamon and how they turned out in higher res.

I haven't tried the texture pack yet.

The coolest thing about these things is that they should be fully compatible online, even if people playing with you don't have them, since they're completely visual.

Sadly MotS doesn't have any unique model replacements, so some of the weapons look funny on the non-JK models. Still, pretty cool! I hope some other folks make new models for it, because the original creator is done working on it. ;)

Kudos!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

OK< i am heading back into this to study it more, and continue the progress of my first lay thru. Will be good to get back to the real core SW universe.

So people wont have to go back thru this thread for all the goodness to add to JK,

the JKE Jedi Knight Enhanced: JKE

http://www.jkhub.net/project/show.php?projid=242&section=downloads

Jedi Knight Retextured: JKR

http://www.jkhub.net/project/show.php?projid=345&section=downloads

JK Unofficial Patch:

http://www.jkhub.net/project/show.php?projid=292&section=downloads

and for the in game settings: these are reccomended for the best graphics, and I welcome any other suggestoins or other set ups that people find good:

1600 x 1200 Resolution (i use up to this)

3D Acceleration check Yes

Enter 32 in to Minmum Texture Size

Back Buffer In System Memory

Increase View Size to Maximum

You have to be sure to start a new game with JKE enabled, add the unofficial patch, then add the updated textuers and then add the JKE enhanced folder to your main game folder and use the JKE.bat to start it.

It will look great, i am still amazed at what a great job the team did on this and hope to see something similar to MotS.

jke1.jpg

I continue to be amazed by two things, ...the scale and audacity and artistry of the original level designers....and the amazing way that the JKE and the enhanced texture pack make this a beautiful game for modern players as well as for those who loved it when it first came out.

jk3b.jpg

the way the designers use the machinery and the urban setting and demand that you explore and figure out how to progress is remarkable...

jk2m.jpg

jk5.jpg

the masterful use of colour, light and texture makes the progress you make really feel epic

jk4.jpg

I continue to be amazed by two things, ...the scale and audacity and artistry of the original level designers....and the amazing way that the JKE and the enhanced texture pack make this a beautiful game for modern players as well as for those who loved it when it first came out.

jk3b.jpg

the way the designers use the machinery and the urban setting and demand that you explore and figure out how to progress is remarkable...

jk2m.jpg

jk5.jpg

the masterful use of colour, light and texture makes the progress you make really feel epic

jk4.jpg

Hey Chris ,im glad you got it to work,the great thing is as you progress you'll see some fantastic changes in the textures.The level design was was also mind blowing,the levels are huge and you always felt like you were just one person in a huge galaxy trying to go about your business.

I totally agree Mike, it is such a real feeling, you dont know what is going on really, just as he didnt, but you have to keep going. As I study the records and information that we can find on the level design, it looks like individual people did individual levels and I bet they spent a LOT of time, i mean as designers, the teams that actually did the work were probably many people, but the scale is just amazing, they were not afraid to have huge interior or exterior spaces and the feelings i get sometimes perched on some walkway high high above an infinite fall below are ...well ..quite amazing.

And the new textures really do improve things remarkably what an effort that must have been. I am eager to get past the stopping place i reached before, which was just past getting out of the vast underground waterworks....and things were just getting very interesting...20 levels in all, and that is a LOT to look forward to.

Some of these classic games have a lot to teach the next gen ones that are coming out now, they are graphically stunning true, but these older ones are really well made and have a lot to teach.

• 1 year later...

I am going to restart this play thru as i had to uninstall fora while but wanted to keep this thread alive as this really is a great improvment on a classic game. I hope eveyone has a chance to try it out.....and I will keep working on the possiblity of adding more to the MoTS when it is possible and other projects and work allow. There is a small update for the Enhanced Textures.

• 8 months later...

Archived