Home

KotOR 1 crash on Korriban

Robespierre

I've been doing a playthrough of KotOR 1 and I've come up against a wall on Korriban. Currently I'm in Naga Sadow's tomb and I've reached the stage where Uthar Wynn and Yuthura Ban are about to attack each other. However, whatever I do at this point results in the game crashing; whether they attack each other, both attack me or just one attacks me, the game crashes. The save before this is a good while back and I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this issue before and has a possible workaround.

I've fully updated the game and I'm not using any mods. I've only used cheats to get some items like medpacks and the Star Forge robes, so I can't imagine that that causes the problem.

I'm no expert, so forgive me if my advice is useless. Your disc could have a scratch or a crack in it, so you should try standing by the window, holding the disc horizontally and at eye level - that's a good way to see damage. If not that, your computer may be reading the disc an odd way.

It wouldn't be CD related. That would only cause errors on installation. The game doesn't stream from the disc, it just authenticates it when the game first starts.

A starting point would be to post your system specs. Run swconfig.exe, select Scan Hardware, then Details, then Save Report. Post the contents here.

Archived