Home

Force Unleashed gets ported to PC (Nov 3, 2009)!

rugal

Force Unleashed is finally coming to PC: How do you feel?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Force Unleashed is finally coming to PC: How do you feel?

• I'm excited!
    • I'm angry.
    • I don't care.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
No, I'm afraid not. However, there have been some skins and at least one model made so far of Galen Marek the Starkiller available over at jk3files that you might could use. And there is a conversion mod in the works for Jedi Academy of the game called Jedi Academy Unleashed. You can read about it and see screens here:

Jedi Academy Unleashed Mod

thanks for your reply also i had another question i just downloaded both skins for dooku and galen how do i spawn them in jedi academy? ive read the readme file however it really did not say. any help would be great

• 2 weeks later...

It's too bad LucasArts thought that there weren't enough PC gamers with good enough computers to run the game. That doesn't seem to stop other companies. I've never played role playing games before and I don't know if I could get into them. So what's left? Another Jedi Knight game would be nice.

While there still seems to be no TFU for PC in sight, LucasArts may have come to their senses again:

The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes

While this is one SW fan who is getting a bit tired of retreads of the Clone War period (considering the overall lack of originality... how many more times can you rehash slashing up endless battledroids?), I'm glad to hear it will have "two player cooperative play." Hopefully the multiplayer in this game on the PC won't be merely limited to a console style "split screen" two player, but have other options as well.

Anyway this is no substitute for a true "Jedi Game."

It seems we've gotten a few "Jedi Games" over time that were console only... "Star Wars: Obi-Wan" for the Xbox in 2001 (between 1998's Mysteries of the Sith and 2002's Jedi Outcast), which by all counts was a disappointing flop, having suffered a lot as a project (which was more than made up for by JK2 on the PC). Then we had Episode III: Revenge of the Sith which was console only in 2005, two years after Jedi Academy.

Then we got TFU... again, console only. But it seems what all these games do, they give you Jedi-like gameplay options, but not the style of gameplay we've come to know and love in the JK series... the ability to use sabers, force, AND OTHER WEAPONS in a free for all, or team-based multiplayer context.

Coop is great, and I'm all for it, and I know it takes a lot more time to develop, but really, they need to give us something. Even JA is becoming hard to find at a reasonable price. At least they should re-release it so more people can get their hands on the game (JK2 at least got re-released recently with their "Best of PC" collection).

• 1 month later...
Yay! That means eventually we may be able to mod for it!!!:D

It is entirely possible that they may or may not let us mod TFU, even though I hope they do. After what we've seen, the most we'll be able to do is make skins. Of course, since the game hasn't been released yet, and no modding tools have been made, we don't know the extent of what we will be able to do. It is entirely within the scope of possibilities that we'll be able to model completely new characters and areas for this game, or we will be confined to making reskins and the like, or we may not be able to do anything at all

It is entirely possible that they may or may not let us mod TFU, even though I hope they do. After what we've seen, the most we'll be able to do is make skins. Of course, since the game hasn't been released yet, and no modding tools have been made, we don't know the extent of what we will be able to do. It is entirely within the scope of possibilities that we'll be able to model completely new characters and areas for this game, or we will be confined to making reskins and the like, or we may not be able to do anything at all

I'd be happy with just doing re-skins.

(With or without the approval of LucasArts:ninja2::conspire:)

I joke, I joke:p

I just have the Wii version of the game, so this will be a big improvement for me when released, assuming its graphics will as good as on Xbox360/PS3. It will look great hooked up to my TV in 1080p with an HDMI cable.

Now we just need a demo. :xp:

They let us mod Republic Commando, didn't they? And a fair amount has been done for it.

Modding is what I'm looking forward to the most with this. The possibilities of adding Malak, Revan, Nihilus, Darth Krayt to the game...

They let us mod Republic Commando, didn't they? And a fair amount has been done for it.

Modding is what I'm looking forward to the most with this. The possibilities of adding Malak, Revan, Nihilus, Darth Krayt to the game...

Why would this game be moddable just because another game is? It's just gonna be another lame PC port anyway...

Tolerate? There's a difference between tolerating and actually being ABLE to do modding to a game. If they don't release some kind of tools, or the file system is not easily accessible/editable/whatever, how are you going to mod the game? They're just porting this game to suck another $50 from you all who have already paid for it once already, the last thing they care about is if you can mod it or not.

Why would this game be moddable just because another game is? It's just gonna be another lame PC port anyway...

LucasArts has released modding tools for most of their games in the past, including more recent titles. I don't see why they'd stop now.

They're just porting this game to suck another $50 from you all who have already paid for it once already, the last thing they care about is if you can mod it or not.

*sigh* There's always going to be complaining.

There have been people complaining about this not being out on PC for months and LucasArts is finally giving us a PC version. And this is also really good news for people, including me, who only have the PS2/Wii versions which are terrible.

If LucasArts just cares about the money and not about modding why did they release modding tools for Battlefront (2003 and 2005) or Republic Commando (2005)?

Archived