Home

Force Unleashed gets ported to PC (Nov 3, 2009)!

rugal

Force Unleashed is finally coming to PC: How do you feel?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Force Unleashed is finally coming to PC: How do you feel?

• I'm excited!
    • I'm angry.
    • I don't care.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot to post in this thread:D

I was thinking to buy some sort of console only because of this game(I know I'm crazy:p) but YAY I can now play it on my PC!:comp9:

Imagine if we were able to add new Force Powers to the game! We could make Nihilus, and give him the ability to devour his enemies.

That would be SWEET.

That would be SWEET.

*Hi-fives DarthDac*

What if they allow us to alter animations? We could take the Jar'Kai/Shien animations from Maris Brood and apply them to Starkiller. Imagine playing the game with two sabers!:D

What if they allow us to alter animations? We could take the Jar'Kai/Shien animations from Maris Brood and apply them to Starkiller. Imagine playing the game with two sabers!

awesome!

*High-fives Mird*

what if they allowed us to create new animations? that would be ultra awesome!

but somehow, i doubt that there will be that much mod-ability. :(

from a dev point of view, modding should be a logical thing to allow.

it would make sense to release modding tools a little while after the release of the game, then everyone would play the game again. and again. and again. look at kotor, tsl, and ja. its been like, 6 years and people stay play it in the thousands. why? because of all the great and amazing mods out for it.

imo its a formula that works and hopefully the corporate bigwigs should see that itll make them more money as well.

awesome!

*High-fives Mird*

what if they allowed us to create new animations? that would be ultra awesome!

but somehow, i doubt that there will be that much mod-ability. :(

from a dev point of view, modding should be a logical thing to allow.

it would make sense to release modding tools a little while after the release of the game, then everyone would play the game again. and again. and again. look at kotor, tsl, and ja. its been like, 6 years and people stay play it in the thousands. why? because of all the great and amazing mods out for it.

imo its a formula that works and hopefully the corporate bigwigs should see that itll make them more money as well.

The thing is if people are just gonna want to play it again so they can mod it im pretty sure people aren't goning to even buy it if they just want to mod the it, look at JKA only maybe like 30% of the community has bought the game and the only thing making the community stay alive is the mods.

Adding new Force powers would be sweet indeed!

Grievous, oh yeah! And the Emperor, too, with a few new skills...

But seriously, how "deeply" d'you think we'll be able to mod it? Because new Force Powers and adding new animations to new possible lightsaber styles is gonna require a rather deep knowledge of the engine, correct?

*Hi-fives JIGOS*

Imagine the possibilities with new animations! We could add Grievous to TFU!:clap2::drink3::drool2:

Oh Grievous to TFU! I can imagine that ownage:D Maybe we could add some Force Powers to Grievous, give him 4 sabers. No one will survive:D

OWND

Apparently the game varied a fair amount between versions, so hopefully we get a good version, and the game is actually optimised for PC, rather than halfbaked-optimised, a la the first Fable (ever tried solely spellcasting? No? There you are, then.); personally I can stand a cheesy/silly plot provided the game is fun, and this is the first real-time lightsaber game since... BF2? But more seriously, since Jedi Academy.

My guess is it'll be pretty modder-unfriendly. As in shark's-maw unfriendly.

very interesting news. We PC gamers havent saber wielded on a pc in an action game context since JA.

I am a bit apprehensive given all the swiping people have given the console versions, but that wont dissuade me from checking it out myself. As long as they get the controls right - thats the main issue for me with console ports/redos. I actually found this news out the day I finsihed building my corei7 + GTX 295 gaming rig, so I in the strange position of being confident my PC will run it - hopefully at >HD rez :)

Now, if someone can convince LA to get back into space/flight sims... that would REALLY be great news ;)

mtfbwya

Apparently the game varied a fair amount between versions, so hopefully we get a good version, and the game is actually optimised for PC, rather than halfbaked-optimised, a la the first Fable (ever tried solely spellcasting? No? There you are, then.); personally I can stand a cheesy/silly plot provided the game is fun, and this is the first real-time lightsaber game since... BF2? But more seriously, since Jedi Academy.

My guess is it'll be pretty modder-unfriendly. As in shark's-maw unfriendly.

Yeah, I hope they rewrite parts of it to resemble the novel more closely, such as the fights with Kazdan Paratus and PROXY, as well as an extended conversation between Galen and his father, Kento, concluding with his discovering his first name, and then having Bail announce at the end of his game that his sources have discovered his full name: Galen Marek.

And yes, the modding potential is about ninety percent of the reason why I am looking forward to this port. If that isn't included, then there goes my incentive to buy it. I already have it for Xbox, and I can always simply download the added content.

Also, what was all that stuff on the last page about having to buy the game anew in order to get all of the content? Will not the downloadable content be as complete?

Yeah, if that's all that's going to be possible then forget it. Like Mr. Jesus, I am a canon junkie. As such, I've never been much of a fan of reskins because it doesn't make any sense from a story perspective to play looking like Mace Windu or Darth Sion. Cool skins, but it just doesn't make sense. Galen is not a Mace or Sion look-alike.

New costumes, on the other hand, are a different story. I quite like things like that, both official releases and fan-created. But if that's as far as the modding capabilities will go, it's not worth it.

Meh.I finished TFU both on Wii and 360 and i was really disappointed with both the game and the gimmicky story.So my expectations on the PC version(the lack of whom i bitched aboutendlessly) are really low.

Same here. But aside from all it's (BIG) flaws we will get some desent gameplay time (I hope) with all the bonus levels and the new addon.

Well the Jedi temple was only like 20 minutes or so so maybe we'd only be gettting another hour if we did darkside so about...

6+.30+1+6(lightside run)+.30= 14ish hours of gameplay not counting the other playthroughs trying to get holocrons since could take 1 playthrough to 20 depending on who you are.

Meh.I finished TFU both on Wii and 360 and i was really disappointed with both the game and the gimmicky story.So my expectations on the PC version(the lack of whom i bitched aboutendlessly) are really low.

Some things that could make the PC game good is if they include a multiplayer option & mods.

Some things that could make the PC game good is if they include a multiplayer option & mods.

true but considering how much attention LA payed to fans the last 5 years i doubt they will spend money on developing actual new modes for the PC version

Archived