Home

Nice changes but...

Hey, I'm glad for what all you've done, don't get me wrong. However, I do see that the edit feature does not inform you that your message has been edited either by yourself or a higherup.

I'm not so sure this is a good idea: it would be nice to see whom edited it so one could ask what of a post has displeased them so. Also, it hides dishonesty in debates I would think.

Thank you for your time.

After a post gets edited, there is a little message that pop ups at the bottom of the post, that says who edited it,when, and why (if given). I don't know if anything got changed recently, so might just be a problem on your end.

I believe that, to keep confusion down, there is a few minutes (I think 2-5) of free edits before the boards starts counting them as edits.

However, I believe this only counts for your own edits within the next few minutes. If I mod edits your post, regardless of the time, it should pop up on the bottom of the post.

Also, a mod is required to leave a note in a post they edit so if a mod edits a post, you'll know. The only times this doesn't happen is when the post is outright deleted, in which case you will receive a PM if it was for anything important.

Hope that helps.

Yep, Avery pretty much summed it up. You have a few minutes to edit your post without a notice showing up, after that you'll see a notice, and any moderator who edits another's post will always show an edited by note. This is not a recent change, not sure what you mean by that.

I think that the ghost edit grace period got bumped down from ~10 minutes to ~5 recently, but that's the only thing that I've noticed.

Now I have to do all of my proof-reading before hitting the post button, but I should have been doing that all along anyway.

However, I believe this only counts for your own edits within the next few minutes. If I mod edits your post, regardless of the time, it should pop up on the bottom of the post.

Actually that does apply to all edits, whether they're done by the author of the post or a moderator. If the post is edited within 5 minutes of its creation no "edited by..." notice will be added unless the one who edits writes something in the Reason text field. As far as I am aware moderators usually specify a reason for their edits though.

But I believe administrators have the ability to "ghost" edit (ie they can remove that "edited by" tag).... is that true, the stoffe?

_EW_

Admins can 'ghost edit' a post without leaving traces that it's been edited, yes. However, that's done quite infrequently--they usually leave a reason behind.

Archived