Home

Who thinks Facebook and MySpace...

Tysyacha

...are annoying and stupid? Anyone? Anyone???

(Tysy breaks into song)

The wonderful thing about Tysy

Is Tysy's a wonderful thing!

Her top is made out of rubber,

Her bottom is made out of springs!

She thinks that Facebook and MySpace

Are NOT fun, fun, fun, fun, fun--

The weird thing about Tysy posting in this thread

Is "I'm the only one"...

IIIII'M THE ONLY ONE!!! :)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not overly fond of either. I do however use both. My only reason is to keep in touch with people from camp/other things where I don't see them regularly. And often don't have the time to call them

If I only used them to talk to people I see everyday I would not have them.

On to other things..... If you ever use Tiggers song in vain again I will hunt you down! I mean thats just one of the things you don't do.. Its like hating Han Solo. You just don't! lol

I really don't see the point of either site. You're pretty much advertising yourself to anyone with internet access, and it just makes predator attacks worse. I will honestly never know why people flock to networks like MySpace and Facebook...

I really don't see the point of either site. You're pretty much advertising yourself to anyone with internet access, and it just makes predator attacks worse. I will honestly never know why people flock to networks like MySpace and Facebook...

Keep in contact with people from camps, trips, people you knew who moved, people who dont have phones, etc.

so..u dont like em..deal with it. some people like em and some people wont appreciate u trashing the ahto with rants..

One could say the same about complaining about a thread topic.

I'm not fond of them, but I do have a facebook account - for keeping in touch with school friends and distant relatives.

Keep in contact with people from camps, trips, people you knew who moved, people who dont have phones, etc.

This is the ONLY reason I use them. I don't like them though

And the only people that have trouble on these sites are dumb people who don't know how to be careful and that display themselves in a way that makes people want to attack them

If you ever notice the people they interview that have been attacked on these sites don't sound they have two braincells to rub together to keep warm!

**Sorry for off topic: WOO HOO 200th post!!

ok sorry about that

I wont lie, I'm addicted to facebook. Its open right now in another tab in fact, which it is pretty much 24/7. I use it mainly for facebook chat, buggy as it is, its still better than having to run aim, msn, xfire and 5 other random chat programs so I can ask a person in one of my classes what the homework was or something. I don't have anything incriminating on it since even before he "officially" had facebook my dad could see every facebook page since hes with law enforcement. Anyone who does post something incriminating on it is an idiot, my school had 20 or so people suspended last year because of a single picture from a school sponsored Costa Rica trip where a girl was holding a cup with an orange liquid in it.

But yet we all still use it, because as they say, its not official until its facebook official.

Jesus, this thread is amazing.

I do absolutely think they're terrible. I do have one, but it is very rarely used (so rarely that I refuse to join the LF facebook group &etc.) The only reason to have one is to keep in touch with friends that I don't see often anymore, like a few I met on a church mission trip ~4 years ago from MD, and such. I want to continue to talk to them, so we use facebook. Rarely. I refuse to be friends with anyone I see or even talk to on the phone once a week or more.

I like neither because I'm not a vapid **** (rhymes with punt, as in Puntland). I never dreamed I'd be arguing about the stupidity of either with my grandmother of all people, damn.

QFE. Although, I don't begrudge the staff facebook group for LF, to help them keep in contact and stuff.

But yet we all still use it, because as they say, its not official until its facebook official.

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

_EW_

1. "We all" don't use it. I have a myspace and a facebook that were created either because I wanted to see a photo, or I wanted to shut my friends up, and I have never edited or used either one. Complete waste of time, plain, and simple.

2. Oh god no.

1. "We all" don't use it. I have a myspace and a facebook that were created either because I wanted to see a photo, or I wanted to shut my friends up, and I have never edited or used either one. Complete waste of time, plain, and simple.

2. Oh god no.

Adavardes and I are in accord :)

facebook>myspace

And you are a child.*

_EW_

* I wonder who's the more childish... :rolleyes: Do some of you people really need to be so obnoxious to feel good? - d3

;) That's not a refutation of my claim.

Hm, as far as I've been able to tell, the only thing that FaceBook really makes official is a person's status as a douchebag.

I don't have Myspace, but I do have Facebook--my family and church friends use it a lot, and it 'keeps me young'. I use it in part to learn some of the things that teens in my town talk about a lot so that when I see some of them for eye exams, I have something to chat with them about. It helps break the ice and put them more at ease.

And a mod note--keep your love/hate for the sites and your opinions of others' love/hate for the sites civil, please. ;)

I dislike Myspace and Facebook because of the annoying behavior of a lot of the users and because I'd rather have my own personal website. (Though I have no use nor need for a personal domain) Plus, I prefer the format of a forum, like this wonderfully and masterfully designed forum right here. Oh, did I mention that the moderators on a forum like this are pretty nice to have too?

If I can say at least positive thing about them... Well. At least Myspace and Facebook aren't as bad Gaia...

I made a myspace page out of peer pressure in elementary school because all my so called 'friends' at the time wanted me to. All they've done is troll it with spam comments. I haven't gone on my myspace profile for two years.

Well, I've never used either one so far as getting an account. Stupid? Perhaps.

I _just_don't_do_that with my life. Besides I've been plenty happy with LF anyway. :;P: OR thinking about youtube videos I want to post to my account. (any ideas for comedy, anyone? :xp:)

It might serve its purposes one way or another, but really...it's just another way to socialize. Even so, people need the in person social interaction (even you people who don't agree with me) once in awhile.

Besides there is too much liability. I just don't share my life with strangers all over the world. Moreover, when dorkwads have tried being nemeses through petty means...well, it isn't that hard to figure out who you are if you have a myspce or facebook. I cut out petty but rude, theft-ish, or destructive shenanigans real quick and let them know in one way or another I really don't care to be ****ed with and it was *going* to end.

If you want to keep in contact with people, or date :eek:, or whatever it's your business. However, it's also everyone else's business all over the world what you put up there. Also, account hijacking, and keeping track of all those user IDs, passwords, and whatnot...not really fun. Specifically the account hijacking. So be smart about posts and your account's security.

It might make a good basis for viral advertising, though. Nice business angle.

just my :twocents:.

Archived