Home

Who thinks Facebook and MySpace...

Tysyacha

Emails, anyone? Anyone?

TYVM

I use RealLife. It's okay; the interface is a bit schlocky, and there's no delete message options, and no hidden mode. There are, however, a great deal of third-party skins and plug-ins; AcId is great.

:lol:

Well, well, well--*crosses heart* They're not rubber, they just BOUNCE!

:rofl:

b00b job, anyone?

@ thread Besides, it's all for attention whoring anyway.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, well, well--*crosses heart* They're not rubber, they just BOUNCE!

Could you provide us with a video demonstration of this phenomenon?

One preferably with both front and side views, please.

But really, facebook is much more convenient to see what people are up to, and I stay in touch with people I otherwise might not. I am not one to put up pictures of crazy parties and stuff so I don't have to worry about that with potential employers. I guess I can understand the social network hate but I just think it can be a fun time waster.

Indeed.

I dunno, I guess I've never been paranoid about these things. :/ I use Facebook pretty much on a daily basis and Myspace is good for following up on bands, like when they add new songs to the profiles and announce tours etc.

Warning to the curious: Not only do Ms. Lefty and Ms. Righty bounce, but also their best friends Ms. Jiggly Sparetire, the Jiggly-thigh Twins, and Ms. Jiggly Rear. Sorry to spoil your dreams, but most people (especially guys) think that I'm far too

(does Matthew Broderick impression in THE PRODUCERS) FAT! FAT! FAAAAAAT!

and ugly to be girlfriend material. Not to mention I also have a disability and physically can't drive.

Want to see me? Have a look: http://bluetowertraining.com/speaking-consulting/speaker/?id=10

To get back on topic, now you see why I don't post any pics on Facebook or Myspace!

I use both sites and I think they're both great. I've recently reconnected with people I went to elementary school with! These are people I haven't seen in 20 years!!!

I also use them so that my family in another state can see pictures of their niece and nephew/grandchildren.

Warning to the curious: Not only do Ms. Lefty and Ms. Righty bounce, but also their best friends Ms. Jiggly Sparetire, the Jiggly-thigh Twins, and Ms. Jiggly Rear. Sorry to spoil your dreams, but most people (especially guys) think that I'm far too

(does Matthew Broderick impression in THE PRODUCERS) FAT! FAT! FAAAAAAT!

and ugly to be girlfriend material. Not to mention I also have a disability and physically can't drive.

Want to see me? Have a look: http://bluetowertraining.com/speaking-consulting/speaker/?id=10

To get back on topic, now you see why I don't post any pics on Facebook or Myspace!

Aw, don't worry, Tys.

There's a perv soul-mate out there for everyone. :dev7:

Just being in a YAHOO! email put me into a directory without my knowledge. It made me visible to other people. Folks I once knew in middle school (and certain stalking undesirables)...and I didn't even realize it did that. O_O

With such lack of privacy...well, I changed my name to something much more smartass.

The people friends from middle school days or somewhere in childhood...same old story...we grew apart again much sooner because we had less in common than even before.

However, there might also be people from your past who you'd rather leave forgotten. Also some you didn't realize were hot for you. Talking creepazoid here. It only gets worse but suffice it to say people you'd rather just forget.

You can't even be honest about who you are for your own personal email addy. Wtf?

That's messed up.

The main problem I have with Facebook and Myspace is the fact that absolutely anyone can look at your page, even if you've changed the settings to try and ensure privacy. I'm sure that if your future employer wants to make sure you haven't done anything stupid or unwise in your past (or present), he can call up some computer wizard that he's hired who knows how to get around the privacy filters in Facebook and Myspace. Heck, employers can check on your credit score now (and they do), so why wouldn't they try and check on your latest escapades in these social networking sites? There are also quite a few people that I wouldn't want looking at my pages, like school bullies and old roommates from days of yore.

Is it social networking or social spying? Even my Blue Tower Training page doesn't have pictures of me partying or sleeping off a hypothetical drunken orgy...

They want you to be 100% honest about who you are and threaten termination of your account for dishonesty. Yet they will spill it in their databases to complete strangers? Aw hell no, "flock" that. You won't keep me safe, I'm not going to put myself in danger.

@ Tysy: I know what you mean about the whole spying bit. Though I detest how the ACLU has defended certain wrongful people, they now have this video of the hypothetical future if the real ID act is passed. It may be funny, but all good humor has truthful irony in it. It is also disturbing: You go to order out some food and anyone working there can see your entire credit history, your medical bills, your crime record, even what you've been watching on TV or where you hang out on the net. Intrusive much?

Also what you said about getting around safeguards and filters. In fact, many networks I know of hire people for their "accessibility expertise". Probably the very same tech experts employers call, as you say.

In short, I 'just don't do' myspace and facebook. I'll agree with Astrotoy7 though on the whole "it can be put to good use or bad" in the aspect of it that it can be as helpful or hindering as you 'let it be'. So, yeah, a little common sense would not hurt. Don't display your pictures and videos of you getting intimate or doing something that might have you frowned upon by employers or other important people. If you like doing the kinky--just don't EVER post the video of it.

What I find ironic is that the spying is done basically with consent. Maybe not to your knowledge, but done nevertheless somewhere on some level. It's these little things like passing the DTV bit which seem necessary and good I suspect--don't *even* get me going on the suspicious hardware 'inclusions'. People can reason this away saying that if there is no evidence or proof of what is going on then it must not be happening--"Y'all shut up, now" as it were. However, we all know better than that--especially for those who find out the hard way.

However I wonder just how far this double standard of privacy goes.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm deeply sorry, Trigger, but *covers mouth* *smiles* BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

This is the funniest thing I've heard all evening! :)

If this is true, then how come so many people want somebody who looks like Angelina Jolie or Brad Pitt (or at least is of their caliber of physical pulchritude--uber-beauty?) :)

:mad:^^^^^I take exception to that. As would ICP on the movie Big Money Hustlas. :lol:Anybody have any ideas what I'm talking about here?

Probably because children in this society grow up...jumbled around one another...and yet SO rather isolated from one another when it comes to issues like facing the other gender and seeing reality... amongst other things.

Barbie doll women are nice trophies but more often than not they are after $$$$$$$$$$$ and some impossibly perfect guy to fit their preconceived notions of what a man actually is.

If you know how to pick up any woman you want and dump her off like a toy when you're done, fine and well I guess. Just don't get your ass kicked or thrown in jail...sweethearts.

Archived