Home

Who thinks Facebook and MySpace...

Tysyacha

So what makes these people relevant now?

It's been fun catching up with them..I went to a small school and we were a tight group, but my dad remarried when I was 10 and we moved to another city. Technology was obviously not what it is now and there was really no way to keep in contact. So I enjoy catching up and seeing what they've been up to over the years.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never understood that fixation with reuniting with old friends and spinning a yarn or two about days past. People you hang out with when you're younger rarely end up being friends you want to associate with in the present day, especially when you knew them when you were only ten. Seems like a waste of time to me, as they aren't really your friends anymore, and it's doubtful they ever will be. But that's the way of life, you lose friends, make new ones along the way, your situation changes, you deal with it. But that's my personal opinion.

(does Matthew Broderick impression in THE PRODUCERS) FAT! FAT! FAAAAAAT!

... GIMME THOSE BOOKS YOU FAT WALRUS!(I couldn't help it, I was in a showing of the Producers at school. =3)

I have a facebook, but no myspace. I like facebook because it provides me a way of keeping in touch with my friends outside of school, especially those who refuse to call me because they fail.

^^^Pretentious? Egotistical? Sadistic?

@ idea/thread: Has anyone ever been stalked by someone who back in high school always acted 'too cool for you' but now is like totally all over your stuff? They would never talk to you then, but now it's like they want to be your friend...or something more (if it goes that far)?

I haven't been exactly STALKED, but I did have an old roommate call my sister and want to know where I was living and what my phone number was and all that. I don't exactly know how she got my sister's information, but my sis wouldn't say a word!

This roommate has called me a "spoiled brat", a "baby", "spoiled rotten" and "childish" on multiple occasions. She has criticized everything from my clothes to my writing to the way I eat to my love of computer games to the fact that I use different feminine products than she does. She repeatedly criticized me for the fact that my parents and the State were giving me help with college, and I wasn't working to pay my own way. Her favorite way to start out a rant was, "I love you to death, honey, but..." The only thing that was truly important in those rants was what came after the "but".

Is it any wonder that I never want her, or people like her from my past, to find me?

I haven't been exactly STALKED, but I did have an old roommate call my sister and want to know where I was living and what my phone number was and all that. I don't exactly know how she got my sister's information, but my sis wouldn't say a word!

This roommate has called me a "spoiled brat", a "baby", "spoiled rotten" and "childish" on multiple occasions. She has criticized everything from my clothes to my writing to the way I eat to my love of computer games to the fact that I use different feminine products than she does. She repeatedly criticized me for the fact that my parents and the State were giving me help with college, and I wasn't working to pay my own way. Her favorite way to start out a rant was, "I love you to death, honey, but..." The only thing that was truly important in those rants was what came after the "but".

Is it any wonder that I never want her, or people like her from my past, to find me?

She griped about feminine hygiene supplies? Good God in heaven. Make a fake profile, give her a giant one-finger salute, and then delete the profile.

Archived