Xarwarz

Do You Try Out Mods  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Try Out Mods

• Yes I Do
    • No I Don't
    • I Just Comment Only I Don't Try
    • I Dont Comment, Dont Try, Don't Care

Sometimes, if a mod is really appealing, but I've never used full-blown mods or total conversions. Usually just a few extra additions or skins etc.

(Is this thread about KotOR's mods or just mods in general?)

Yea i meant mods here at this forum

I don't really play kotor enough to try out mods as they come out, or even really check the kotorfiles, usually if I'm planning on playing through the game another time I'll check out kotor files and check out anything that looks possibly interesting and maybe download it. The only game I've ever consistently downloaded mods and maps for was battlefront 2, for a while I was downloading every map I could, beta testing whenever I got the chance and spreading my own reviews to the forums that I frequented. Thats changed now though, I'm content with the conversion pack and BFX and there haven't been any maps that have really caught my interest lately.

I download them but I never comment until I actually try them. As a prospective modder myself, I look for ways I can improve and treat others considerately as I'd like to be treated. I have 6 varying levels of criticism.

1-5 with 5 as harshest, the 6th is other.

1) nice

2) moderate

3) normal, constructive criticism

4) master vrook

5) absolute *******

Other: just whatever, sort of an additional attitude/emotional state.

Don't ask what I truly think unless you really want to know. I mean no malice or offense even at lv 5, though it might come across that way.

Never cared much for mods. I like to play the game as is. I did try some Jedi Outcast mods I found (at jk2files.com, I think) long before I joined these forums and they ruined the experience for me, which put me off trying any mods for any other game. I did love the fan made character models, though.

I do the whole mod thing, usually Fallout 3 since it's such a new scene.

I tend to avoid reskins unless there absolutely godlike in every aspect.

But I'm always up for even the smallest quest mod, no matter what the reward, always fun to see what someone can come up with.

Depends on the mod. If it has a lot to add and most of the stuff is of great quality (Holowan Plugin, USM is a nice one) or if a single great mod (usually a skin mod) catches my eye. (Drewton's skins, 'specially his HK-47/PROXY skin)

Although, recently, I haven't had the chance to play with mods outside of my own little creations to test them out.

Mostly, just KOTOR mods. Usually, its just small re-skins, additional items, and those types of stuff. TSLRP will be the first total conversion mod that I will play.

TSLRP isn't a total conversion, it is just a big restoration project, like M4-78, TSLCR, (which I don't know the status of after the Balor/Pikmin incident) and all the other smaller scale restoration mods for both games.

I have around 30-40 mods installed for KotOR right now, but I honestly have no clue whether they were made by anyone from around here. Mostly because I don't go to that section of the forum very often. Most of them are just general fixes or reskins and a few extra skins, items, or sidequests. I also have the Brotherhood of Shadow questline installed, but I haven't played in so long that I haven't even gotten to whatever point in the game it is that it picks up.

When I do download anything, it's always directly from KotOR Files.

i actually believe there are so many people making mods that causes many mods to get passed up or ignored. How ever to be fair i haven't tried every mod either, i'd need a mod organizer/loader to test them all including hard drive space.

i actually believe there are so many people making mods that causes many mods to get passed up or ignored. How ever to be fair i haven't tried every mod either, i'd need a mod organizer/loader to test them all including hard drive space.

Well not every mod is that good, you need to download it.

Perhaps I'm "picky", but I skip most reskins. Most of them are not of that high standards or amazing piece of work. 90% seem to be flat recolours, you can do yourself in less then 5seconds in Gimp/PS.

There area ofcourse exceptions and it all depends of our own tastes to.

But most of the time I really enjoy mods, not just for K1 and TSL.

But Oblivion/ Morrorwind come to mind. As Vamp: Bloodlines.

HalfLife 2 has fun things aswell :p

After years upon years of KotOR modding going on here, one must have a truly creative approach to catch my attention. Once it has, I'll probably follow the development closely, leaving contructive comments and suggestions during development and after downloaded/played.

What is aggravating are those WIPs that just stop being. You follow it for months and the project goes nowhere, which kinda makes you cautious about the modder who cancelled the project. So, if you're not 100% sure you'll finish the mod, don't even do a WIP thread; just release it when and if it's done.

Archived