Home

GF & A Feeling Of Magic.

Mr.Samoal

I remember during playing GF many years ago and after playing the game, there was a feeling of poetry & some magical feelings & taste which Grim Fandango gave me which sadly i have completely lost because of the busy life & happiness & sadness which us creatures living & also trying to survive in studies and then in work and so on.

Does anyone had that taste of a magical feeling during and after the game for maybe few weeks or few months? Or Its me who is crazy?

& Is there a way to regain that feeling once in a while?

With Regards & Magic...

Samoal

Listening to the soundtrack is definitely the best way to get on the mood. Watching some of the scenes on Youtube is also fun when you don't have the time to play the game yourself.

Maybe taking a break from the game would also help. If you let it collect dust for a while, playing it again might feel like a fresh experience. I haven't played GF in such a long time that I've actually forgotten most of the puzzles in the last two years of the game. I bet there will also be lots of dialogue that I've either missed or forgotten. When I have the time to play the game properly again, I'm sure it will be a great experience.

I was reading the designer diaries on the GF page again -> http://www.grimfandango.net/?page=diaries

and it all got me excited again, really! Tim Schaefer is such a great guy, reading his diaries reminds me of Manny and the characters so much.

This game is one of the greatest experiences in my life, it may sound childish, but I dont give a damn :D I even name my computers after Grim Fandango characters haha. My cousin nicknamed herself Meche and its still her favorite name/ character for everything, even her hamster :D

Yeah, the good old times. I still remember the day when I went out to buy GF... on a cloudy saturday. My sister and me put some money together and I went to the nearest shop in town to get it. And there it was, the package ( that I still have of course :D ) lying in front of me, so I grabbed it and went back home. While waiting for the bus home, I checked out the box and I was pretty worried that I cannot play it on my crap pc. In the bus crazy ideas came into my mind, like someone could take away my precious game xD

But I arrived fine and it was working decent on my pc too, so I was a lucky kid.

It took us 4 weeks to play it thru! some puzzles were too easy and some were out of our league of thinking! ... 11 years ago.. 11 years....

Oh and its very hard to replay this game, I can ( sadly ) remember everything :/

Archived