Home

Problem with a custom lightsaber in K2

Drunkside

So yeah, ive been modeling lightsabers for my blackguard mod, and now ive gotten as far as to importing the first lightsaber in-game. It all works well until i try it out, the blade is somehow always maybe 10 cm higher and abit closer to the character than it should be. Ive modeled many lightsabers for kotor 1 but this is the first tiome im making one for K2, so is there some trick that i gotta do to make the blade work?

I linked the blade dummies to the hilt, hilt to the dummy 37 and dummy 37 to the base thingy. Then i made sure that it was gonna go to the right place, and clicked extract geom button(sanity check failed, which is a good thing:xp: ). Then, using the Mdlops 5 i made the correct mdl and mdx files. I did it quite a few times, in a bit different fashions but just couldnt get it right.http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/88a5a510aa176e85c8788fb64753a87797082f77.png

You don't need to link the blade planes to the hilt or the dummy to the AuroraBase. Just unlink the original hilt and then link your new hilt to the dummy, but make sure that you run ResetXForm on your hilt before linking it. If you are getting sanity warnings then you are likely using NWmax 0.8. In my experience, NWmax 0.7 and MDLOps 0.5.0 is the best combo for sabers.

Ill try, and i have no idea on my nwmax version... Ok they actually are both the ones you said are the best. I couldnt get it working whatever i did, i tried several times just the way you said, but no luck. then i decided to try the brute way, i moved the model up and back. And guess what? the blade moved with it! The problem seems to be that the blade for some reason isnt really attached to the hilt, but rather floats in the same place every time..

Edit: Nothing moves the blade! I have tried moving every single object in gmax, but the blade just stays still. Well, i got a funky restult when i didnt click the trimesh button, the blade was closer to where it should be but it pointed right forward... there has to be something ive forgot to do all along, cant just figure it out...

Edit2: I tried to do the whole thing over from a poly( no i didnt model it again), and it didnt work. then sometyhing came up in my mind: Would it be porting if i took the lightsaber001 from kotor1, and use it to get the extraction partdone, since the model is more clear in kotor 1? I wont be using any part from kotor 1, the whole model is a scratch build, so is it considered legal? It seems legal to me but i cant be sure...

Archived