Home

Combat freeze bug

Davinq

I've got a random bug that becomes more and more frequent as the game progresses, in that every time I go into combat mode, I lose control of the movement of the character's movement that I was controlling at the time. This is not because I have the frozen during combat setting selected. The real problem is, after the fight is over, I still can't move the character! Only by switching to others can I move around. The previous character follows at that point, but only when I move to another area can they move again when I control them.

This is all fine and dandy, and I can usually progress through the game for a while... until I reach the first confrontation with Malak. At that point I'm flying solo, and so after the first fight, before he moves through the door - you guessed it, I can't move. Game over.

I've been through the mill with this one; uninstalling, reinstalling. I even ISO'd the lot and redid the files that way. None of these things worked.

I've also had similar freezes with TSL, but there's a more serious bug there for another thread.

Edit: I do have a bunch of mods in my Override, but I removed the ones that I suspected of causing the glitch and nothing changed.

Well, I'm in the same boat as you.

After combat the character ( doesn't matter who) I've got selected freezes; unable to move.

Its random though, sometimes it happens, not always.

Anyway with the party with you its just switching around characters to play with.

It does get annoying when you're alone; TSL is worse as you have large chuncks you've got to do alone.

The only thing that helped me out was to save the game and then load it again.

This seems to reset the animation state of the character.

The drawback is that all this saving& loading makes the game crash sensitive.

My first thought was that this might have been a glitch caused by my Dual Core. So I tried to switch the game to use only one core.

Didn't really help...

Yeah I have a dual core as well, didn't think of that though.

I think I have found a fix though, but I'm not quite sure what I did; something to do with my graphics settings.

But I didn't turn them down, I turned them up. All of them as high as they could go (except like brightness/contrast, obviously). I haven't had a freeze since.

Archived