Home

Ignore Lists?

Stoffe (or Teekay, or matt-- or another sysadmin): Did you know that moderators can't be put on your ignore list?

Isn't there a way to ensure that mod note posts are automatically shown, but all other posts by them are hidden?

I assume that's the only counterargument against ignoring them?

How does vB actually work? Is any of this even possible?

_EW_

Well one of the other can give an "official" answer but I'm pretty sure this isn't possible, as mod note edits are no different than any other post edit, so there would be nothing for the system to check against to see whether to display the post or not.

Well one of the other can give an "official" answer but I'm pretty sure this isn't possible, as mod note edits are no different than any other post edit, so there would be nothing for the system to check against to see whether to display the post or not.

1. Maybe it is possible to add a field for precisely this reason.

2. Maybe the post could be checked for color change, and then mod notes required to be in color.

_EW_

Stoffe (or Teekay, or matt-- or another sysadmin): Did you know that moderators can't be put on your ignore list?

This is intentional so that staff members are able to contact someone if needed, as ignore lists apply to both posts and private messages (forum staff can send PM's to someone even if their PM inbox is full for the same reason).

If you have a problem with some staff member outside of the forum(s) under their care that can't be settled through other means you'd just have to skip reading posts they write. :)

It doesn't. This site is actually powered by hamsters. We just put the little vB footer at the bottom for street cred.

And before we had the hamster setup, I just stayed logged into the server and typed out every thread as people connected. I kept losing fingers, so now the rodents take care of it.

It doesn't. This site is actually powered by hamsters. We just put the little vB footer at the bottom for street cred.

And before we had the hamster setup, I just stayed logged into the server and typed out every thread as people connected. I kept losing fingers, so now the rodents take care of it.

Wow, that is like, just, so AMAZING!!!!!! Who knew our unsung heroes spent all that time on the hamster wheels keeping us powered up. I totally understand the Sunday night closures now--you have to give the hamsters time for conjugal visits according to Federal Code 4553477.bs.

I'll pick up some hamster treats next time I go shopping. Aren't you worried that PETA's going to find out about this and, like, spraypaint the forums or something saying "Free the Hamsters" and "Hamsters are our Little Fuzzy Friends!!"

"Everyone" being one Super Moderator?

*perplexed*

This isn't the first time, either. Am I really that cryptic?

In the time period before this thread, when anyone talked about ignore lists, it was always "oh, well you can't put mods on ignore lists." There was never any reasoning behind it.

Also, I love Moeller. I would never say anything offensive to him without it being a joke.

No, EnderWiggin is not talking about him. Personally, I believe he wants to ignore me. :xp: My feeling are hurt. :crybaby:

Nah, mimartin, if I ignore you then where will I get financial advice?

*Jae pats mimartin* There, there, dear, I'm sure he was meaning me and not you. Or maybe Bee Hoon, but definitely not you.

Oh yeah, Jae. You and Bee and I, we really get into brawls sometimes :rolleyes::xp:

:lol: Oh, well thanks Teekay! Now I get it.

_EW_

Bee and I would love to be in a brawl with you, Ender. :naughty: That would probably make Point Man and your girlfriend jealous, though. Ah well.

It is a very compelling offer :xp:

_EW_

Oh, please. :roleyess: Get a room. ;P

(morphs into a rat) Just breezing through, picking up all the scraps you slobs drop on the floor since nobody cleans up around here. Don't mind me. I only have 3,000 illegitimate children and 450 wives.

--you have to give the hamsters time for conjugal visits according to Federal Code 4553477.bs.
Good one. In fact I think I'll go and visit my furry cousins.

I'll pick up some hamster treats next time I go shopping. Aren't you worried that PETA's going to find out about this and, like, spraypaint the forums or something saying "Free the Hamsters" and "Hamsters are our Little Fuzzy Friends!!"

*already feeding the scraps to the hamsetrs--hamsters get too sluggish to run anymore*

:D

Nah, mimartin, if I ignore you then where will I get financial advice?

CLARK HOWARD!

We'll be happy to use yours if you're offering.... ;P

>_<

I remember once when my pal decided to get a room .......in MY room with his 2 ladies.

Moral of the story: Lock your bedroom door lest you get locked out...then it smells funny for a week afterwards. :swear:

*runs away from thread and morphs back into normal form*

Archived