Home

Also, Revan and the Exile also served as strong leaders, something the Sith needed to stay united. Each of these factions had someone holding them together, being defined and built by the conflict that was (this is sorta touching up on Kreia's "finding oneself [or lack thereof]").

:confused: You kinda lost me there... I wasn't insinuating the two turned to the dark side and joined the sith empire if that's what you thought...

At the same time, if it was entirely orchestrated by the Sith Emperor, I'm not sure how he would necessarily end the conflict, since he would have to somehow stay out of it or somehow play both sides like Darth Sidious.

Sort of, but not quite. See Revan and Malak met this emperor of the sith empire beforehand and it is implied they were corrupted by the experience. Then on their way back to the core, revan and malak turned on each other--it's on the TOR website. As well as PC gamer's SWTOR world unveiling issue. (Guess we have a good hint at who took out Malak's jaw.)

Sith emperor thus set it in motion and watched from afar, allowing events to unfold to a point and biding his time. Probably realizing in time Revan would return one way or another. Probably few in the empire were aware of what really hapened between the Emperor and Revan. It is not entirely out of the realm that the Emperor and his council of 12 were bracing for this attack and leave their empire in the dark about all the details. He needed a strong enemy who at least appeared to pose a real threat to cull the disloyal and unite his people. Eventually Revan returned and the war was waged.

<snip> He (Sith Emperor) would either have to A) convince them at the external enemy (Republic) was going to attack them, or

Sort of, yes.

B) wipe one side out and lead remaining faction against the Republic.
Not sure what you're saying here...

Although, this third option popped in my head (as I type this post), being that Revan and the Exile ignited the civil war amongst the Sith to weaken them for a Republic invasion that would wipe them out (since the Republic would be rebuilt, and the Jedi Order reformed under a new set of teachings), but then the Sith Emperor managed to take control of the civil war, drawing it out long enough for the Republic to grow complacent, when he catches them unprepared.

YES. That's much more like it. It began how ever it did. But being that the Emperor of the sith had been alive for over a millenium, I'd imagine that for a while it was uncertain and that the danger was real; however, the Sith Emperor knew this would ultimately come to pass and he probably had been looking for the perfect opportunity to challenge his own people anyway. Mind you he may have planned it out but these things always start out with a vision of desire or such and are "played by the cards dealt" so to speak.

He may have had to make his move rather early, since Revan and the Exile would have eventually returned to Republic space and had them make their move.

I'd imagine the good strategist a millenia old Sith would be, at some point found a way to persevere in the face of adversity. My theory is that if the vision of Revan was a glimpse into the future, what the Sith Emperor did was find a way to drive a rift between Revan and the exile, once the Exile joined the fray. That's my theory.

I dunno about Jolee and Juhani... they never even hinted at what happened to them after k1, and if they had survived Sion's assassination campaign. Hopefully the fact the Bastila survived hints that they may have survived too.

Okay, maybe they survived or not...I'm unsure. Kreia says other Jedi exist...

Master Dorak's apprentice survived, I think.

Brianna: She didnt have much to do with the canon female exile, other than a good conversation on Telos... what makes you think that she will become a jedi?

Actually this is a rather interesting thing in SW EU. She is also considered to have canonically traveled with the Exile--despite her being canonically female. Some campaign book, or the ultimate visual guide or something made it so.

This might be a reference to how the early TSL copies actually played out as opposed to the second edition. In the first edition, what happened was that you got Brianna if you were lightside by the time you got to the Telos academy, and Visas if you were darkside as the handmaiden would have not joined you.

Stranger still, Visas is also canonically part of the new order...or at least I am lead to believe. Well, actually, is she or is that not confirmed? If it is, then...I guess someone is going to have some serious ret-con to do to explain that. Or Michal was odd one out, but as I understood, he eventually was trained.

It's conceivable in any scenario that regardless whichever of the 3 scenarios actually played out, all 3 were force sensitive and thus found by the reformed Jedi Order and eventually trained.

I wonder whats up with the fact that Kreia couldn't see Bao Dur's future...

Theory of fans is that he never left Telos after The Ravager attacked it. Back home as it were. Some claim he died--I personally think that is BS.

Mandalore definitely got off the ride there.

Bao Dur obviously sent the remote. I'm sure with uncertainty hanging in the balance he became ambivalent at least. Even after the events played out with Malachor V. His uncertainty might have affected Kreia's (quickly fading) ability to see into the future for him and The Droids.

We know the original HK-47 survived into the Vader era (read way above). T3...maybe that one went with the Exile, or maybe gave her the info about Revan and stayed with the Order.

I always had the feeling he would be part of the "Lost Jedi", and sit on the new council with the others.

Conceiveable. He would have to have come between the first one, Darth Ruin, and (possibly including) the 12th Lost Jedi...reference to Darth Bane: Rule of Two, where it is seen at that point in time ~3,000 years later there were 12 lost counted.

I just saw a YT vid of Kreia's prophecies. This is what she said regarding Canderous:

See the underlined bit? "A general needs an army..."

An army is used for war. That seems to imply that Revan intended to actually fight a war. Also, it makes you wonder what Kreia meant:

Sounds quite apocalyptic... Like, the end of the Star Wars universe... :eek:

Yes I know--we all knew that:xp:, unfortunately that was posted RIGHT before it was revealed that the mandalorians would get corrupted to working for the Sith. So FTR, I officially stand, err rather informed.

That's exactly what I thought would happen to her too.
Now if only they would post some risq'ue pics of her as a 19 year old secret agent. :dev9:

Eh? Here's the front from the TOR "Deceived" trailer:

*snip img*

^ That just looks like random generic jedi to me...

OKay, I officially retract what I based on hazy deceiving looks. My bad.

Its Revan. I refuse to believe otherwise. :cry6:

I want to believe it, but... We'll see. *pats shoulder*

... And you lot seem to forget they had an entire year to "propagate".
Actually, no I didn't.

One of the first thoughts (which I posted almost immediately somewhere either here in the KOTOR subsection or in the TOR subsection) after seeing Satele Shan's name on the web comics was: "Oh?! I guess Revan and Basty were up to *something*! :naughty:"

It is my primary theory (taking care of their child) as to why Bastila was rather detached in the events that unfolded in TSL. Can *you* honestly think of a better reason? (you obviously see why I want to believe it as well)

AFAIK, he left with the Exile to find Revan... was there anything else?
As I said above, T3 could have left with exile or gave Exile the info she sought and stayed behind at her orders.

I would see something like Revan and Exile start a civil war that actually jeopardizes/poses a valid threat to the Sith Empire, creating a destabilizing and destructive machine that rolls on even after their own deaths, which is only vanquished about 100 years from TOR (100 years because the Sith Empire would need time to recover from the civil war, and then amass enough power to stage a war of their own).

I know not at me, but: Eery, that's basically what I was thinking. Except by the last half or third of it the emperor took control somehow and won. He already played both sides when Revan and Malak originally arrived and were initially corrupted.

The above posts are far too huge for me to quote, so here's how I see it going:

The Exchange goes on, business as usual. The power vacuum left in Goto's faction of the syndicate is filled by another crime lord quickly and without much fuss. I imagine that the Exchange will eventually either be usurped by Black Sun, or turn into Black Sun itself.

The Mandalorian clans somehow manage to grow, but implode and scatter for some reason after their numbers climb above negligible levels. The most probable cause is the disappearance of Canderous Ordo after Malachor V's destruction; they carry on for a while without him, but don't last for long, especially since he took the Mandalore's helmet with him. Much later, a Mandalorian on Geonosis (?) would be recruited by the "True" Sith to re-unite the clans and help them against the Republic in the "Great Galactic War". Hell knows where or how the Mandalorians got their fleets and gear, not to mention the industrial centers necessary for such a buildup... Maybe the Sith just gave them a fleet?

By an unknown means, the HK-50 factory is shut down and/or destroyed after HK-47 departs from there. The HK-50s are eventually purged from the Republic fleet, since the Exile knows their true purpose, and the production of HK droids is ended for good. HK-47 himself is somehow marooned on the planet Mustafar, where he remains (ostensibly trying to build a droid army to take over the galaxy with, like that's possible :rolleyes:) for several thousand years until he is destroyed by a group of spacers during the Galactic Civil War.

The Jedi Order will get up and running again soon enough. As Darth Traya implied, the Exile's Force-sensitive companions start rebuilding the Jedi Order, probably by scouring the galaxy for willing Force-sensitives or surviving Jedi to train (I imagine that, considering how dangerously low their numbers are, the age requirements of Jedi recruits would be abolished for the time being). "Disciple" Mical becomes a member of the hastily-formed Jedi "Council". After a number of years of rounding up Force-sensitives, Revan and the Exile's companions band together, except for Mical, who is left to watch over the new apprentices, and head into the Unknown Regions, where they meet their deaths alongside Revan and the Exile, having failed to do anything more than stall the Sith invasion (exactly how they could do this, I really don't know).

While his former colleagues are off getting themselves killed in the Unknown Regions, Mical continues to guide the Order, and eventually a proper Jedi Council is established, lost Holocrons and artifacts are discovered, the Jedi Temple on Coruscant is reclaimed, and so on. Also, because of the disappearances of Visas, Atton, and Revan, the Exile, and their other companions (most of whom have very questionable views on the Force and morality in general), the Jedi Order's fundamental guidelines and doctrines (no use of the dark side, serve the Force instead of the government, marriage is a bad idea) remain intact. As the Order grows and gets its public relations fixed up, a new minor Sith threat pops up every now and again, consisting usually of a small Sith fleet not much larger than a sector fleet led by a survivor from the Sith Triumvirate or some such thing, but these threats-of-the-week never last long.

The regicide it suffered in the final year of the First Jedi Purge, combined with the destruction of its most critical non-industrial planet (I have no idea why Avellone thought it realistic that the entire Sith Order was literally striking from one star system) effectively destroyed the Sith Triumvirate's holdings in the galaxy, and it killed itself very quickly. Those that survived its last civil war were finished off by the recovering Republic's military and the Jedi Order. Obviously, no survivors or successors of the Sith Triumvirate lived to see the "Great Galactic War".

The Republic itself, now no longer being pestered by the Sith, is able to focus on rebuilding, now that it is no longer challenged by any notable military threats. Within three centuries, its respectable military is rebuilt, and the Senate starts anew, with fresh faces overturning what corruption may have taken root since the Mandalorian Wars.

Sadly, most of this is undone by a deadly retardation virus that spread throughout the galaxy, preventing the Republic and Jedi from realizing how stupid it would be to agree to a peace treaty with the "True" Sith after they invade. By the time the virus wears off, it is too late, and they're in the middle of a cold war with the Sith, and both Republic and Jedi public relations have been shot to hell again.

Somehow, however, the Sith Empire is ousted, the Jedi return to Coruscant, public relations are fixed again, and the Jedi and Republic fortify and rebuild themselves again for 1,600 years until the New Sith Wars.

As far as I can tell, that all meshes pretty well with canon, for the most part.

Your post was just as large as above. I have put hidden tags on everything to "shorten" it to bits and chunks.

<brevity> I imagine that the Exchange will eventually either be usurped by Black Sun, or turn into Black Sun itself.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Eventually, yes, but for the time being in this period the exchange will reign supreme for crime syndication. Perhaps also on the side of the republic. (Not unlike the mafia around WW2 for America).

<snip>The most probable cause is the disappearance of Canderous Ordo after Malachor V's destruction; they carry on for a while without him, but don't last for long, especially since he took the Mandalore's helmet with him.

Show spoiler
You think he will die in battle I presume. I agree if you mean to say a while later. If you pay attention, though, he stays back on Telos as Exile goes to talk to Carth. I have doubts he accompanied Exile to Malachor V.

<snip> Hell knows where or how the Mandalorians got their fleets and gear, not to mention the industrial centers necessary for such a buildup... Maybe the Sith just gave them a fleet?

Show spoiler
Or something like that but this would not be a necessarily new development.

Referring to K1 & 2 and how mandalore/Canderous Ordo recalled the Mandalorians' various deals with sith in the past, the sith would have to lurked and watched for a time until enough leaders came and went, and enough generations had passed that they were not as aprised of their forefathers' wisdom about how they have received the bad side of their deals with the sith.

Spoiler warning:

Show spoiler
In K1 he talks about the sith and their hand in the Mandalorians' actions prior to Revan. Not long after that, they sealed themselves away. In K2, he also talks about their past alliegence with Exar Kun (take him to Freedon Nadd's tomb.)

Show spoiler
I'm sure there is some kind of technology and sterility for the Sith empire--they can't all be dirt and rags all the time.

By an unknown means, the HK-50 factory is shut down and/or destroyed after HK-47 departs from there. The HK-50s are eventually purged from the Republic fleet, since the Exile knows their true purpose, and the production of HK droids is ended for good.
Show spoiler
I'm sure the Exile had something of a to-do or a cleanup list after she was done on Malachor V. That or it became a nuissance to the Republic and the Republic dealt with it.

HK-47 himself is somehow marooned on the planet Mustafar, where he remains (ostensibly trying to build a droid army to take over the galaxy with, like that's possible :rolleyes:) for several thousand years until he is destroyed by a group of spacers during the Galactic Civil War.

Spoilers ahead:

Show spoiler
Yes, but that's ~4,000 years later. Think something else might have gone down with HK-47 within that timeframe? :) Isn't that him on the unveiling of SW:TOR in PC gamer magazine some months back?

Also, I didn't know HK-47 was definitively destroyed. I'd like to see where you got that from. Are you sure they destroyed him? I got the impression he was still at large.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/HK-47

From the article

The spacers made their way to a lava crater to destroy HK-47. Though the spacers succeeded after a long battle against HK-47's elite droids, once they returned to Milo Mensix for their reward, they received a message from HK-47, explaining that he was, in fact, still alive. HK-47 admired the spacers' ability and in a sarcastic motion, awarded them with a decorative hologram of himself. The plaque at the hologram's base simply read "Meatbag."[5]

The Jedi Order will get up and running again soon enough. <brevity>(I imagine that, considering how dangerously low their numbers are, the age requirements of Jedi recruits would be abolished for the time being). "Disciple" Mical becomes a member of the hastily-formed Jedi "Council". After a number of years of rounding up Force-sensitives, Revan and the Exile's companions band together, except for Mical, who is left to watch over the new apprentices, and head into the Unknown Regions, where they meet their deaths alongside Revan and the Exile, having failed to do anything more than stall the Sith invasion (exactly how they could do this, I really don't know).

Show spoiler
Interesting.

Brianna: Likely becomes a historian just like Atris and (maybe) her mother. Wookieepedia article. I don't think she's going anywhere...

Mira: I'm under the impression not her either.

Spoiler warning:

Kreia at the end:

She will stop hunting life, and instead, live it. She was not born to be a predator, despite her true father and the life she lead in the shadow of Nar Shaddah.

She will miss you, and think of you often. You, who awakened her, to what life is. She will live...but only for a time.

Her death will occur in many years time on a forgotten planet, saving the lives of others. But it will be her choice and she will have no regrets.

Maybe it's just me, but I was under the impression she stayed behind. But it's certainly possible she left in the Exile's name on that final fateful mission.

While his former colleagues are off getting themselves killed in the Unknown Regions, Mical continues to guide the Order, and eventually a proper Jedi Council is established, lost Holocrons and artifacts are discovered, the Jedi Temple on Coruscant is reclaimed, and so on. Also, because of the disappearances of Visas, Atton, and Revan, the Exile, and their other companions (most of whom have very questionable views on the Force and morality in general), the Jedi Order's fundamental guidelines and doctrines (no use of the dark side, serve the Force instead of the government, marriage is a bad idea) remain intact.

We'll see...

The regicide it suffered in the final year of the First Jedi Purge, combined with the destruction of its most critical non-industrial planet (I have no idea why Avellone thought it realistic that the entire Sith Order was literally striking from one star system) effectively destroyed the Sith Triumvirate's holdings in the galaxy, and it killed itself very quickly.

Show spoiler
I don't think this was the end-all. It (Taris) may have been a critical hit where the tide turned but as you said below, there probably were loose ends and unfinished business throughout the galaxy after TSL years later. Consider that on Korriban there were still others lurking on that inhospitable planet. Also, on Dxun, the tomb was a Sith stronghold, was it not?

As for the Republic rebuilding, yes. It is living, but not preparing for the war to come.

Within three centuries, its respectable military is rebuilt, and the Senate starts anew, with fresh faces overturning what corruption may have taken root since the Mandalorian Wars.
:roleyess: Yup. Always those festering stinking rotten politicians. :swear:

Sadly, most of this is undone by a deadly retardation virus that spread throughout the galaxy, preventing the Republic and Jedi from realizing how stupid it would be to agree to a peace treaty with the "True" Sith after they invade. By the time the virus wears off, it is too late, and they're in the middle of a cold war with the Sith, and both Republic and Jedi public relations have been shot to hell again.

No doubt corruption in the senate opened the door to it. Yeah really, what's up with that? Treaty. Bah! There is no negotiation with bullies.

It becomes a "war without end" IMO. The republic will get caught up in it so badly it will essentially cease to exist in any other meaningful function.

Then Darth Bane comes along and...well the rest is history, err the future, err, you get what I mean.

You think he will die in battle I presume. I agree if you mean to say a while later. If you pay attention, though, he stays back on Telos as Exile goes to talk to Carth. I have doubts he accompanied Exile to Malachor V.

I thought that Canderous had gone to Malachor, since he was with the Exile right as she left the Ravager. Considering how convoluted and chopped up the ending is, however (it doesn't explain the fate of any of the party members), it wouldn't surprise me.

and enough generations had passed that they were not as aprised of their forefathers' wisdom about how they have received the bad side of their deals with the sith.

What "bad side" of their ideals? I didn't know there was any other side.

Also, I didn't know HK-47 was definitively destroyed. I'd like to see where you got that from. Are you sure they destroyed him? I got the impression he was still at large.

Seems I was in error, then. Still, HK is in all likelihood trapped on Mustafar after his droid "army" kicked the bucket, but considering in retrospect how shamelessly they threw him into SWG, I wouldn't be too surprised if he resurfaced in the Legacy comic series.

So, while I was surfing Wookieepedia a few days ago, I found a link that, if you scroll down a bit, says that the kissing scene between Revan and Bastila was supposed to imply that they actually slept together. I wonder if that's how Satele's ancestor's came to be?

^^^Is there any way to confirm who David Gaider is? Or that he is a lead writer of KOTOR? I see the post you refer to. IF someone could take a snapshot of his name in the KOTOR credits, then it might be possible to call it like that in a presumptuous manner based on that evidence. Obviously nothing is canon until the LA Canoecity committee approves it. BUT, This is a tremendous find! We now MIGHT have some possibility Satele Shan is a direct descendant of Bastila AND Revan. Not definite, but we now have a lead to start pressing questioning with.

Thank you, Ping!

I thought that Canderous had gone to Malachor, since he was with the Exile right as she left the Ravager. Considering how convoluted and chopped up the ending is, however (it doesn't explain the fate of any of the party members), it wouldn't surprise me.

It's all good--I thought Bao Dur had been killed in the crash of the ship because he was clutching himself as though injured in his final message to Remote. It turned out I left him in bad health last I had played him in that savegame. Minor but nothing like a little detail to throw the whole thing off.

What "bad side" of their ideals? I didn't know there was any other side.

In K2, Take Mandalore to Freedon Nadd's tomb on dxun. Your lead character's inquiry will cue for mandalore's recollection of the mandalorians' history after making a pact with Exar Kun some 45 years before that. Just be curious, he'll chime in. ;) This apparently wasn't as "glorious".

In K1 Canderous talks about how the mandalorians were defeated by Revan (bad end of the deal--but apparently this one was glorious). You eventually ask him what initially got the mandalorians started with the fighting in the first place (implying *prior* to Revan's reign as a sith): Canderous talks about sith who had made a deal with the mandalorians, promising them battle. He guesses these sith did whatever they needed to and sealed themselves away for a future time after that.

Shem brought up stillframe images of what I refer to in his "Seriously, what game did you play?" thread in the republic newsfeed section.

Seems I was in error, then. Still, HK is in all likelihood trapped on Mustafar after his droid "army" kicked the bucket, but considering in retrospect how shamelessly they threw him into SWG, I wouldn't be too surprised if he resurfaced in the Legacy comic series.

Heh, I bet you're right.

In general I am wondering what becomes of M4-78. Is it forgotten? Isn't it confirmed canon that it exists even though it never made it to the final cut of the game? Can anyone confirm this?

Thank you, Ping!

You're very welcome. I'll have to find out who David Gaider is by viewing the credits in KOTOR, though I'll need to reinstall the game first.

In general I am wondering what becomes of M4-78. Is it forgotten? Isn't it confirmed canon that it exists even though it never made it to the final cut of the game? Can anyone confirm this?

If you look closely, you can see it marked on one or two maps in the Essential Atlas.

Its been a number of years since I've played, but IIRC TSL seems to loosely imply that Revan and Canderous had some sort of understanding before Revan left for the Unknown Regions (Kreia prods Canderous but he replies something to the effect that it is between him and Revan). I got the feeling that the understanding was essentially that Canderous would revive the Mandalorians to fight on behalf of the Republic (or the galactic status quo) against the True Sith or whatever Revan stirred up that threatened the galaxy. In doing so, the Mandalorians would redeem themselves in the eyes of the future Republic for the horrors they wrought in the Mandalorian Wars.

Kreia mentions something to the effect that the Mandalorians are a dying civilization being organized by Canderous for "one last hurrah."

Without knowing exactly what direction TOR or a potential K3 will go with it, I will assume that somewhere along the line a (mostly) unified Mandalorian people will put forth a heroic stand against a Dark Side threat that will eventually see the end of their civilization -- the remnants becoming the nomadic, mercenary people of the late Old Republic.

I would agree.

If as in "one last hurrah" you mean a glory battle of mandos against the old sith, that isn't too far out of the realm. Possibly since the mandalorians (especially Canderous himself) actually knew about the sith empire that lurk beyond I would say that is ample motive for the Sith to want to eliminate him.

Seeing as how he (Mandalore) lusted for battle, and wanted to follow in the wake of Revan and possibly later the Exile, that would support your theory.

Suppose, there were sith militia who had not gone into stasis or sealed themselves off from the galaxy. A satellite war could have been staged, moved, and put into play in the outer rim. Out of reach in the old republic yet far enough away from the empire so as to not be discovered. Or perhaps Mandalore had rejoined his Jedi allies. Or maybe since the Republic was not paying attention to the Mandalorians, something outreaching from beyond started a war with the mandalorians alone and it went unnoticed by the rest of the galaxy. There are many possibilities as to what really could have happened.

What we do know is that somehow the Mandalorian leadership appears to be usurped by the sith, or so the republic intelligence would indicate as told by the chronicler.

Considering, too, that by TOR's arrival the mandalorians were supposedly fighting on the Sith side, it would seem to imply infiltration or corruption overtook the mandalorians as a whole, but that there may have been some who do not agree with the Old Sith and fight at least for their own survival if not the Republic.

I invite conjecture or debate on any of these points.

Canonically:

Revan and Exile both seem to have died redshirt deaths out in the Unknown Reigons. However, Revan appears to have knocked up Bastila before taking off, saddling her with the result and not so much as sending her child support (a hotheaded Jedi named "Shan" plays into the MMO scenario).

And this would be me rolling my eyes a LOT. :roll:

(That trope hits a very personal squick button for me, as the father of my godchild/"niece" was killed by a drunk driver two months before she was born. My spirit-sis has never really recovered from the loss, and being the "someone to remember him by" has been pretty hard on my godchild.)

Now, abandon all hope for ye has entered fanfic territory.

I run with a LSF!Revan/DSM!Exile scenario, and am an admitted heretic when it comes to the GFFA, so expect this to veer into some pretty strange territory.

Bastila: Ends up dead on the Star Forge. Why? Because K2's Crap Sack World sets up the Republic victory as a Pyrrhic one at best. Yes, the Republic took out the Sith's secret weapon, but it lost its own. Furthermore, the Jedi lose a champion and poster child that could help rebuild its rep (brief fall notwithstanding). This leads to...

Revan (or, in this scenario, Kairi-Revan Shan): Pretty much seconds after Vandar's little speech (which wasn't broadcast to the world at large, but just to the Haw's crew and Jedi present), she hands Vandar and Zhar her robes and lightsaber, pretty much telling them, "Screw you, I never chose the Jedi. I chose my family." An attempt to live a quiet retirement on Citadel, aiding the Restoration effort with the Ithorians and engaged to Carth isn’t working out so well. There’s something out there, something she unleashed as Revan that needs to be stopped.

And, leave it to Atris, who leaks the news of Revan’s continued survival to the greater galaxy (because she believed the Jedi Order was wrong to let her go, wanted her punished, and thought she would taint the order unless forced out). Queue a bunch of senators who are on that like white on rice, especially the faction that never much liked those mysterious saber-swingers in the first place, howling for the Order’s head on plates. The Jedi Order itself is declared persona non grata, and the Republic will not aid them. This attitude is why it was so easy for the Triumvate to hunt them down, why they were on the run, and why the general population in K2 collectively responds to Exile’s saber with the GFFA equivalent to a middle finger.

En route to the tragic conclave on Katarr, Zhar stops by and hands her the lightsaber and robes. He understands she doesn’t want to be a Jedi and never really did, but that she is still one despite herself. Between this and the Republic government howling for her head, Revan vanishes, taking the Hawk and the droids, and not telling anyone she loved, lest they be put in danger by the ongoing witch hunt. Of course, being alone and having told no one where she was going, this leads her right into a trap set by the Triumvate.

The K1 crew:

Mission and Zaalbar – Because Freyyr is smart enough to know the Wookiees would be in danger unless they joined the greater galaxy, he sends out his son and adopted “daughter” (Wookiees having the concept of honor family, Mission would certainly count) out to negotiate Kashyyyk’s entry into the Republic.

Jolee – As much as I hate to admit it, I think the old man met up with Nihilus and lost. No real evidence of this, aside from everyone speaking of him in past tense.

Juhani – nothing in canon on her, but I have this feeling the K1 crew put aside their differences in order to become a very well-oiled machine, and that the survivors are keeping their ears open and protecting one another. I actually place her on Dxun, where Canderous is passing her off as a soothsayer – telling her to duck and cover when Exile showed up. One, Dxun is a great place to hide a Jedi. Two, a Mandalorian camp is the absolute last place you’d ever look for a Cathar Jedi. Three, I got the feeling that Juhani’s “knight’s test” only started at the grove. The real test would be to put up with a living manifestation of all her prejudices and then conquering said prejudices to see the man behind them.

Canderous: Yes, he’s at his camp. Yes, he the last of the K1 crew to see Revan alive. He’s rebuilding his people, and hasn’t any love for the Sith. In his predecessor’s Crusade, and in Exar Kun’s War, the Mando’a were used as pawns and redshirts for the Sith. Canderous really despises being double-crossed, and prefers to be the one doing the double-crossing (see what he did to Davik!) Tied in with my theory on K1’s crew becoming a rather close bunch, I figure he is in clandestine contact with Carth. After all, Canderous bears no real ill will to the Republic. They beat his people fair and square. He knows, though, that the Republic doesn’t share the opinion. So, he’ll stay out of sight, building his clan and looking for both leads on Revan and a chance to kick the Sith in the shebs. Kreia shows up, dangles the two things he wants over his head, and shanghais him into teaming up with Exile’s sorry bunch.

Carth: Promoted to admiral despite the Star Forge and not because of it. He’s the only one of the K1 crew with anything resembling a decent reputation. Even then, there are plenty of people calling him a Sith’s joy-toy when they think he’s out of earshot (and sometimes not even bothering with the “out of earshot”). The admiral’s bars also work nicely in keeping him chained to a desk and effectively silenced. He hasn’t the autonomy Canderous does. That’s why he ends up sending Mical to walk where he can’t.

Now, the other reason I think he was in league with Canderous the entire time; the whole Ravager sequence seemed a little too well executed for something not to be behind the scenes. I mean, Canderous and his crew on board, sending the Sith a message with the usual Mandalorian diplomatic channels (explosives – lots of ‘em). And then the Sojurn, with Carth in command, just happens to show up and distract Nihilus so that the Mandalorian sabotage goes smooth? That ain’t coincidence, and considering the gents have a history and the same motives in tracking the Ebon Hawk? Even less chance of coincidence.

The K2 crew:

I play with a DSM Exile. Male, because Obsidian’s own trailer and promo art were pretty explicit on that front, the Handmaiden was well developed in-game while Mical is a half-assed, last minute addition (who makes good only in fanfic). I play DS because K2 presents such a deconstructed, crapsack of a world where a heroic Exile is a rube, a masochist, or both that “screw it,” seems the most valid option. And of his crew…

Corrupted: Atton, Handmaiden, Hanharr, HK-47, Go-To

Escaped: Bao-Dur (though it was a narrow thing), T3-M4, Canderous, Mical Killed: Visas, Kreia

Mical: Yes, he comes along on a male Exile’s quest in this scenario - screw game mechanics. However, he acts more as a Light-Side male Exile in many regards. While everyone’s hyping the jerk who came back to Republic space as “OMG! Last Jedi!” the one who actually lives the Code and the ideals they represent is the kid the Order tossed out like trash a decade ago.

Another thing I run in the scenario. He has a history with Carth. We know Carth wouldn’t trust just anyone with something like this. Going theory is that Mical was being exiled to Telos, and his ship got there just as Saul’s was leaving.

Kreia: Everyone hypes Revan as the grand manipulator? Well, even the grand manipulator was being manipulated. As archivist, she would have been in a prime position to steal anything on the Infinite Empire and pass it along to Revan. Her plan to wreck the Force needed the balance tipped to far in one direction and then echoes created – echoes Revan created in the course of the Mandalorian and Jedi Civil War. Mical almost puts it all together before Kreia mind-rapes him to prevent him from seeing it all. She’s also the only one who seems to know anything about the “True Sith,” then turns around and says that the “Sith” is only a belief, and belief is something you can’t kill. Considering the whammy she pulled on Canderous, it’s not that much of a stretch to wonder if she was “the Sith” who goaded Mandalore the Ultimate into his crusade, prompting Revan, prompting the creation of echoes, and the wounds that followed them.

She dies at Exile’s hands, but here’s the catch…a True Sith never dies. So long as there is the Force, she’s going to be caught in it, even if only as a specter like Ajunta Pal.

K3 Scenario:

In the aftermath of K2, Carth and Canderous tire of waiting. They’ve done their job. The Republic and the Mandalorians are as good as they’re going to get. Meanwhile, Canderous has escaped with the Hawk, and with something else – Kairi-Revan’s holocron.

So, they gather who’s left of the K1 crew, and take a few of the K2 crew Exile didn’t manage to drag into hell (Mical was needed to read the thing, as neither gent really can). Between the holocron and what they get out of the Hawk and T3, they’re able to put together enough to get to wherever she’s been imprisoned. To the people they encounter along the way, the sight of a Republic hero, a Mandalorian who seems to be something other than a bloodthirsty thug, and Mical (who is a Jedi in all but name) working together and cleaning up trouble become a symbol of unification. They didn’t get into this to be Big Damn Heroes, but they manage it.

They take down Exile, banish Kreia to Chaos, and rescue Revan. But the galaxy isn’t in need of her any longer. The mantle of champion’s been passed. Mical accepts the title of Jedi, and goes back home to rebuild the Order. Canderous goes back to his people, and the Mandalorians now have the rep of fierce, but honorable, warriors. Carth and Kairi retire to Telos, live quietly, and have several kids…one of which adopts her mother’s maiden name of “Shan.”

Meanwhile, Mical told a “Jedi Truth” in regards to Revan’s fate. Technically, it wasn’t Revan coming back from the Unknown Regions, it was Kairi. Couple this with an artifact or two that hint broadly at Revan’s demise (lightsaber, robes, or other personal artifacts), and the whole thing is easily accepted as the galaxy moves on.

She’s also the only one who seems to know anything about the “True Sith,” then turns around and says that the “Sith” is only a belief, and belief is something you can’t kill.

---

Have we? You thought that the corrupted remnants of the Republic, the machines spawned by technology that Revan led into battle were the Sith? You are wrong. The Sith is a belief. And its empire, the true Sith Empire, rules elsewhere.

Archived