Home

Will TOR have the BioWare punchline?

DAWUSS

Having amnesia, being mind-wiped or just unaware of what you are, and at the end of the story finding out you're Revan, former Dark Lord and Jedi Knight from centuries past? I'm guessing there will be a "great revelation, big secret" somehow, somewhere, in the game. Whether it will center around your character, or around one of the major NPC's in the game, but I do think there will.

My Guess is your past will be left out and you'll just be a promising recruit in either faction. I cant see them being able to write a gary stu storyline into your experience successfully, and still have co-op story... unless the MMO elements are end game content only?

As for Amnesiac Hero... twice bitten Thrice as shy.

I agree that you'll just be a promising recruit in either faction. For the Jedi/Sith story line you'll probably have just finished your apprentice training. With he Bounty Hunter line you'll be a guy with a a blaster and a contact that thinks you have potential.

Did they do that in Mass Effect?

Sort of, you

made your own PC, but you had a "mysterious event" that everyone talks about and gives you weird looks for that you're PC seems to know about but you the player only get bits and pieces of. You do get to define parts of it, but along the lines of "when you were there you: A: Did what it took. B: Could have gone better. C: were lame. or D: did nothing."

It wasn't as "ZOMG I'M REVAN!!!?!?!" style, but still, your PC wasn't completely defined by only you.

I'm hoping they just do the typical DnD/MMO approach, you're just some new adventurer/person ready to go out into the universe.

Sort of, you

made your own PC, but you had a "mysterious event" that everyone talks about and gives you weird looks for that you're PC seems to know about but you the player only get bits and pieces of. You do get to define parts of it, but along the lines of "when you were there you: A: Did what it took. B: Could have gone better. C: were lame. or D: did nothing."

It wasn't as "ZOMG I'M REVAN!!!?!?!" style, but still, your PC wasn't completely defined by only you.

I'm hoping they just do the typical DnD/MMO approach, you're just some new adventurer/person ready to go out into the universe.

Yeah I wouldn't really say it was really that much of a twist. (just in case spoiler tag)

You really defined your character, and (s)he wasn't the typical "Who was I before this moment" character common to most RPG's. You don't really find anything NEW about your character (then again, maybe that is Bioware flexing their creativity in story telling) the player finds out more, but the character was not amnesiatic. Though you get some extra content based on your choices...

I think that was pretty dang creative of Bioware.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Then again, this is Star Wars. Its cliche ridden, and made some of those film cliches popular by itself. Can't expect much more or less.

It took most of those cliche's from epic stories.

Agree on both counts to these comments.

I'm sure it'll have some archetypes. I'm OK with that. It won't be Star Wars without some black-and-white/good-and-evil types. That's part of its charm.

• 3 weeks later...

While it would definitely add some meat to the individual plotline bone, it would in my opinion not be necessary. I don't expect to be some forgotten "awesome" or something like that. I'd prefer building up my own character whilst maintaining some kind of neutralness in the sense of being kind of average-joe.

Archived