Home

Hey folks

HarperJA

My name is Jack, and despite only being 13 I have played almost all the classic LucasArts adventures, just have Full Throttle and Sam & Max to go (though I've played the new Sam and Max games by Telltale). I particularly enjoy(ed) the Monkey Island series.

Anyhow, after reading the news / features at Mojo for a while I decided to sign up. So, hi :)

(Also, since this laptop sucks, I'm usually on the xbox and xbox live, so feel free to add me if you want a game)

Hello there! I'm surprised but greatly relieved that new gamers are still playing and getting into the great LucasArts adventures. The last one was released when you were four (!), so how were you introduced to them Jack?

Well I was actually 11 when I was brought into the classic adventure world.. I'd already played Broken Sword (1 & 2) and Little Big Adventure (not as popular, so you've probably not heard of it). I can't remember how but I came across EMI and played it - And I thought THAT was good :p - so I checked out the other monkey island games, and then the other adventures by LucasArts.

Thanks for the welcome everybody :thmbup1:

Welcome to the forums! Great to see new people signing up. Tell all your friends!!

I like Little Big Adventure too, tho' I've only played the demo. I also like EMI -- a lot of people here don't. I'm sure it makes a difference if it's the first Monkey Island game you play, and if it's your entry into that world.

Good to see new people, welcome! I was like you, I only got into playing LA Adventure games a couple years ago. Which I think is odd as other adventure games made up quite a large portion of my gaming during that period (Zork, King's Quest, Myst, etc).

Hi there Jack, and welcome! You have a great taste in games! LBA1 and 2 are some of my all time favourites, not to mention all the Lucasarts classics.

This got me thinking though. Should we have an introductions-thread or something like that? I myself was a bit confused at first as to how I should introduce myself or do I need to do that at all.

Yeah, that's a not a bad idea, Jeo... there was an "introduce yourself!" thread in Off-topic which I could sticky (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=188478&) or I could create a new one. It's hard to know whether it should be in "general discussion" or "off-topic," which actually makes me think that those forums should be renamed. Maybe something like... "LucasArts+" and "Life, the Universe, and Everything"!

A LucasArts reference would be more appropriate I suppose (though Adams did help out with LucasArts adventure Labyrinth, so there is a connection!)

I've stickied the other thread which people might use in the future.

Archived