Home

Metalheads of the Old Republic

Did anyone ever wonder why the music in KotOR/KotOR-TSL is so peaceful [except during battle] 95% of the time? Have you ever wondered if there were OTHER bands besided the Bith musicians? I'm pretty sure there were, so....

Unless someone can give me a quick how-to, my idea is....

Metalheads Of The Old Republic

Basically, there had to be SOMEONE in the galaxy that listened to metal, so why can't you put metal music into the game?

o__O''

I know not everyone's tastes are the same, but for certain worlds/battles some songs would be way appropriate

[i.e While fighting Kreia: Metallica - Sad But True]

If this is an easy fix, then if someone could either post, or PM me with how to accomplish this, I'd be quite grateful.

Deleted 'bump' attmept, sorry but 'bumps' of the type of "So any takers?" or the like are not allowed here. -RH

I like the idea, its just that i have no knowledge of music editing in kotors. Gotta learn that too sooner or later if im gonna make my total conversion, which will also be a tribute to finnish metal(im gonna ask ensiferum, wintersun and turisas if its okay for me to use their music:p )....

Yes, yes you could.

If I remember correctly, all of the .wav files in KotOR/TSL are actually .mp3 files that have been renamed with .wav extensions. So, you could take your .mp3 files of Metallica, rename it to .wav and then place it in your steammusic folder. The only challenge would be to identify which sound file related to which track in the game.

Yes, yes you could.

If I remember correctly, all of the .wav files in KotOR/TSL are actually .mp3 files that have been renamed with .wav extensions. So, you could take your .mp3 files of Metallica, rename it to .wav and then place it in your steammusic folder. The only challenge would be to identify which sound file related to which track in the game.

Suppose you've never come across this mod on Kotorfiles then. ;)

@ Drunkside: Yeah, I could, but I'd rather it play in game than over the game through Windows Media. Plus, depending on the volume, the voices would be hard to hear.

Thanks a bunch for the info, guys. Hopefully I remember my flashdrive next time, and I'll try to figure that out. =]

This is going to be way awesome

Archived