Home

Star Forge Crash

Davinq

The latest in KOTOR game crashes in my current playthrough prevents me from accessing the Star Forge level entirely.

Following the deactivation of the disruptor on Rakata, and the cutscene with the crew outside the Ebon Hawk, I am immediately taken to the centre of the ship. From the way everyone is instantly spawned there with me (the spread-eagled arms being the clue there), I suspect the glitch starts here. The REAL problem though is once I set a course for the Star Forge, and the takeoff cutscene ends, I get nothing but a black screen. A black screen that has cursor on it. That, some music, and the sound of walking when I hit the movement keys is all I get. I've never had this crash before. Also tried workarounds like walking outside the ship and back in, but nothing seems to be working.

I've also got the Brotherhood of Darkness mod, which might have something to do with it.

Hey, Davin. WAAAAAZZZUUUUUP? :D

Look in your override folder for any and all files named "pbastila00x.utc" and move them to a temporary location. You can put them back after reaching the Star Forge.

Yeah it's been a while, eh Qliveur?

mm... I ran a search, but no dice. No Bastila mods in the folder.

Hang on... Master Vandar is changed to the dark side in the BoD mod, and he's in the cutscene with the Republic fleet's arrival, so perhaps he's the problem?

I think it's safe to say that there is some sort of FUBAR with the Brotherhood of Shadow mod. People have had some pretty weird stuff happen with it, a lot of it concerning "appearance.2da", so you could try removing it from the override. Funny that the only problem that I had with it was getting scripts to fire properly during certain cutscenes, which I solved the old-fashioned way by reloading a save several times until they fired. :p I can't even tell you how many other mods that I had installed at the time, but needless to say it was a lot.

Try uninstalling it before boarding the Hawk. If you have any more problems with it, you may want to try reading through the BoS release thread in the TUCE. You might find some answers there, and if not, you could ask Silveredge9 about it. He's really good at supporting his work.

And welcome back. :)

gtbb.

I solved the problem for the time being by warping straight to the first SF deck, but I'd like to solve this problem sometime so I can fully integrate the BoS mod.

Now I have 'Cheats Used' on my SF saves though. :(

Not a BoS problem as far as I know... more likely another mod conflicting with something.

Happen to have Yavin 4 installed simultaneously with BoS? That would be a guilty culprit. Those two mods cannot currently coexist.

What else you got cooking in the override?

Archived