Home

Sith Stalker not very original?

The bounty hunter disguise that Leia has in Episode 6 is not the only outfit that the Stalker armor shares characteristics with. Looking more closely, one can see similarities to Jango/Boba Fett's armor (the T-visor), General Grievous (claw-like hands and number of lightsabers kept as trophies), Darth Vader's armor (the overall concept, plus the freaky breathing sounds that he makes), and even Count Dooku (his lightsaber has several spiked emitter guards that resemble the single guard on the Count's weapon). Given TFU was supposed to mirror and remind one of the Star Wars movies, it shouldn't come as a surprise to see that the Sith Stalker armor's design was inspired by a number of other elements of the canon. The game contains many other references to other Star Wars material (movies and EU) as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I noticed today while watching ROTJ that the helmet leia wears in jabb's palace is waaay to similar to the Sith stalker armour

see for youself: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/c/c3/Leia_boush2.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/9/93/SithStalkerCloseUp.jpg

maybe haden needs to do some homework?

That is cool.

• 3 weeks later...

If anything, Starkiller's helmet only shares the mouth area of Boushh's helmet. ;)

But, as has been stated, Starkiller's entire outfit has probably been inspired by many other sources. The Mandalorian (True Mandalorian/Death Watch/Clone Troopers kind) T-Visor, parts of Vader's armor (mainly a part of the helmet and the body), the Grevious thing, etc.

But really, when you've gone through 10+ years with some good concepts, I doubt you are going to create something that is totally original.

• 1 month later...

It isn't a complete knock-off..I mean there are differences (mandalorian like design) and there is a thing called "piggy backing" and since this is Lucasarts I think we all should expect some piggy backing in the Star wars EU.

...nothing is cooler than Vader's suit. ;]

Agreed, It is really cool.

• 1 year later...

Archived