Home

Pig flu

Achilles

Don't we have one of these every year?

We cut down the virus, it just evolves into something better, so we treat this years flu and it just happens again. Maybe that is not exactly how it happens, but a flu of some kind passes by every summer clockwork.

Yeah, there is a yearly outbreak of influenza, but it's generally the human kind.

It isn't very often that a virus spreads between species like this. It's generally considered a bad thing because there are no built-up immunities to illness passed to us by other species, so it's usually big-bad scary time when it happens.

I know that there have been some deaths in Mexico, but though there have been some reported cases of swine flu in the US, I haven't heard about any deaths from it here. Not yet, at least.

Take your vitamins, folks. ;)

I don't see much to get overly worried about at the moment. Every case outside Mexico is only displaying mild symptoms.

Only a handful of deaths have been confirmed as Swine Flu - I doubt it's coincidence that 80 other people just died like that, but it's entirely possible that not all the deaths so far have been caused by Swine Flu.

We also haven't been told exactly how many of the cases in Mexico have been diagnosed properly. 1,600 is just the 'suspected' cases, not confirmed. It's entirely possible that fear is driving the number of 'suspected' cases up, as anyone with a sniffle is overcome with paranoia.

Many news outlets have theorised that it may be a regional element that's causing the fatalities, as it mixes with the swine flu. I'm not sure I believe it, but the lack of fatalities outside of Mexico is surely a good sign, at least for now.

"We've discovered that after these people seemingly died they appear to get up and attack anyone nearby," Rodriguez noted, when asked why they had to cremate all those who had died of swine flu, "So we found that we had to shoot them in the head and burn the bodies."

ZOMG CONSPIRACY!!!

Really, it's just more fearmongering. nothing of real concern. Mexico has lots of areas that are without many of the basic necessities that we are accustomed to. Clean water is plentiful(even Phoenix water is safer) and undernourishment is not nearly as widespread as in Mexico. We don't have near the environment hazards as are common in the more rural areas of Mexico.

Archived