Home

What are you watching/reading now?

Mav

Let's see what have I watched recently...

-Gantz... I did not like it very much at all

-Finished up Steins;Gate which is awesome

Lately though I've just been watching movies/OVA's, 5 Centimeters per Second, Voices of a Distant Star, Laputa: Castle in the Sky, and then last night Howl's Moving Castle. Pretty much all of those are great, I'd especially recommend 5 Centimeters per Second and Howl's Moving Castle to those that haven't seen them.

As far as this coming season, I'm definitely gonna be watching Last Exile -Ginyoku no Fam-, I'll prolly also watch Persona 4: The Animation, played the game, it's awesome. Lastly I was thinking about following Guilty Crown, it sounds interesting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried watching Bleach years ago and i didn't like it all that much.

I've tried watching it this time and I'm hooked.

I've re-watched Death Note for the 4th time. And i've been buying the Death Note Manga. Black edition. (A new one released every month) since i've never read it until now, waiting for the release for it is like waiting for a NEW manga to come out! Though i think the last one just went on sale.

And I love the scott pilgrim comics.

I also watched Elfen Lied. And Chobits (Though i'm not finished with that one yet)

I keep hearing about Steins;Gate so I think i'll be looking into that soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't stand the Bleach anime, way too much filler and the filler is also horrible, so I just read the manga for Bleach and quite frankly it hasn't been as good post-Aizen arc.

Death Note's awesome as are the Scott Pilgrim comics. I haven't seen the other stuff so yeah, no comment. :p

I would highly recommend you watch Steins;Gate so far it is easily the best show this year.

As for myself, I watched Usagi Drop and thought it was very good, then I read the manga and it completely ruined it for me, so yeah I advise not reading the Usagi Drop manga. As for this current season I'm watching...

Persona 4: The Animation - So far it has stayed very true to the story from the video game, which is a good thing. Not much to say really if you like the video game you'll like this. If you're not familiar with the game, well then I guess you could describe it as a murder mystery featuring school kids with the ability to summon demons to help them fight other demons... yeah.

Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam - The sequel to the original Last Exile, so far things seem to be playing out in a similar fashion to the original too early to say either way on this one, but I would highly recommend the original LE,

Guilty Crown - One of the more highly regarded shows this season, I'm really liking it so far. It is like a mix of Code Geass, Macross and GitS, plus the female lead has pink hair, so that is a plus.

Tamayura -hitotose- - Very meh, nothing exciting, average slice of life stuff, but it airs while I'm waiting for the other shows, so I'll prolly keep watching.

Persona 4 is pretty fun and am following that, but the surprise series this season is Chihayafuru, which sounds like a boring shoujo anime from the synopsis but is actually pretty entertaining and well-scripted to watch.

Un-Go I dropped halfway through the first episode for just how boring it was and its retro-future art style was annoying for me. Mirai Nikki was interesting, but the protagonist is lame, and the execution is ultra-bland.

• 5 weeks later...
Guilty Crown - One of the more highly regarded shows this season, I'm really liking it so far. It is like a mix of Code Geass, Macross and GitS, plus the female lead has pink hair, so that is a plus.
I'm watching this as well and loving it. How Mav described it is exactly right. First anime show I've followed while it's airing in a while so it must be good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, so Tamayura -hitotose- as expected was just meh, had some fun episodes but overall not a very memorable series. Persona 4 I'm a little behind on, perhaps cause I know the story from the game so I'm not as driven to watch it, but it sticks to the game's story really well so that's a plus. Guilty Crown... had so much potential, it's in the last 4 or 5 episodes now and really dunno if it can redeem itself for me, but I'll finish watching it. Last Exile Fam has been my favorite of the 4, but I have bias from loving the first Last Exile.

Archived