- Jedi Consular/Master

- Jedi Guardian/Weaponmaster

- Smuggler

- Trooper

- Sith Lord

- Sith Marauder

- Bounty hunter

- Pirate

Not too much, but definitely balanced. I wonder if you'll be able to upgrade your stuffs like in TSL.

"Imperial commando" and "Pirate" were mentioned in the latest Threat of Peace :)

The mention of pirates is barely worth noting; especially as it does not come to anything.

The Imperial Commandos are worth noting, but I do not see these commandos being a class in the game as that would be to make two classes that are virtual carbon-copies of each other - something I do not suspect BioWare want to be doing with their classes.

Again, I'll also mention that I cannot see BioWare taking up four whole class slots with Sith and Jedi.

Again, I'll also mention that I cannot see BioWare taking up four whole class slots with Sith and Jedi.

Same here, especially if the classes were from the SW D20 system that they specifically said they weren't going to use (and don't really match the iconic feel they're going for, since there were only 4 Force users in the OT and they didn't seem too worried about labeling themselves).

Hmz...just a thought (assuming there will be at least 3 talent trees)

Tank: Jedi, Republic Commando, *Sith class* , Sith (since troopers are know to use blades in close-combat, with the right talents they could be tanks).

DPS: Jedi, Smuggler, Sith, Bounty Hunter again, with the right specs.

Healing: Republic Commando (medic tree), Jedi, Sith, *Sith class*

Ranged: Republic Trooper, Smuggler, Bounty Hunter, *Sith class*

AoE: Republic Trooper, Smuggler, Bounty Hunter, *Sith class*

I think this looks pretty balanced.

If I look at the gaps...a Tank, healer, ranged, aoe....I think it could very well be a Hunter-Killer droid.

We know there are medic droids, medic could be a talent tree. Their strong armor could be used for tanking (which would mean it could be a melee droid as well). And AoE and Ranged speaks for itself. :)

And even if you take out the healing, that could be done by a Bounty Hunter (thinking of illegal stims and such here) it could be possible.

The Bounty Hunter wears heavy armor and on the website it is across from the Trooper. I think it's a safe bet that Trooper and Bounty hunter are counterparts.

Trooper - Bounty Hunter

And we know there's a Smuggler and some sort of sneaky Sith class (from videos and screenshots).

Smuggler - Sneaky Sith (Pirate, Spy, whatever)

The Jedi and Sith are obviously in the game and are counterparts

Jedi - Sith

The last pairing is where we have the conundrum. I'll agree that making droid as a class is limiting. Many would not want to play a droid, which would eliminate 25% of their choices. It's better to make the droid a race.

I don't think we'll see a medic class. The most recent Star Wars RPG (Saga Edition) has 5 classes: Jedi, Noble, Scoundrel, Scout and Soldier. No "healer" class, but everyone has a heroic surge mechanic to heal themselves and get back in the fight. Each class could have some kind of health recovery/damage mitigation mechanic. In addition, we know that we'll be fighting multiple weaker enemies instead of single enemies with tons of HP, so healing might not be as necessary as it has been in other MMOs.

Let's look at another source for inspiration, D&D. In D&D there are 4 roles: Defender, Striker, Controller, and Leader.

Defenders are the meleers who can soak up damage. Let's say this role is Jedi/Sith.

Strikers are single-target damage dealers. Lets say this role is Smuggler/Pirate.

Controllers are AOE damage dealers and condition givers. Let's say this role is Trooper/Bounty Hunter.

That leaves Leader as the 4th role and I think it's safe to say that this role isn't filled by any of the classes introduced so far. Perhaps an officer class is in order for both sides, to give buffs to others and perhaps get more out of companions.

Trooper - Bounty Hunter

Smuggler - Sneaky Sith (Pirate, Spy, whatever)

Jedi - Sith

Officer? - Officer?

Thing is, Jedi/Sith fit all the four roles depending on their class and Force powers. I guess the 4th class must be a really versatile one, since there's the Feat focused class (Trooper/BH), the Skill focused (Smuggler/Sneaky one) and the Force focused (Jedi/Sith).

Being a droid might be limiting - still, playing as HK-47 would be badass.

...its 200 or 300 hundred years past kotor 1 and since in tsl which is what 3 years after k1 they were hk-50's they would be at like atleast Hk-80 probably over 100

My guess is that you'll be able to be a droid as a RACIAL choice rather than a class choice. Of course, droids can't be Jedi....OR CAN THEY? ::drool::

I'm curious if they'll allow Wookie or Ewok Jedi....

Also, will the Sith (the class, not the faction) all be human?

Sith will be multi-race, as I assume all classes will be.

Also, Lucas put an end to ANY more wookiee jedi. The force unleashed devs wanted to make the main boss a jedi wookiee and lucas fired up apparently.

But yeah, no more wookiee jedi in EU or games. Ever.

Sith will be multi-race, as I assume all classes will be.

Also, Lucas put an end to ANY more wookiee jedi. The force unleashed devs wanted to make the main boss a jedi wookiee and lucas fired up apparently.

But yeah, no more wookiee jedi in EU or games. Ever.

I think a Trandoshan Jedi (or Sith) would be fun

That's the point. It's a cute little fuzzy guy that can whoop your ass.

Evil stuff ahead!

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
I'll decapitate them with my saber and feed their heads to kath hounds :dev7: Bwahahaahahahahahahaha

Archived