Home

You'll probably laugh at me for this (again), but...

Bad Asp!

But, Bad Asp, if you have such time and energy and devotion upon your hands, why not take up the mantle of those before, and create something New? The Lord knows we need more creators in this husk of a world. Code something, write something, film something, but do not waste your idle time in vain pursuits. Instead, bring some fresh ideas from this ambition, allow your infatuation with the great adventures of old to spark some new quest, with new heroes and bolder sights! Or else, languish, and writhe, and pound your head against their iron battlement. But we will not join you.

Very good... Yea Bad Asp! make something.. use you energy more creative...

Ohh.. back to Armed and Dangerous.. i think it really had some potential... it was a good laugh... but leave it be...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With this reason and plenty more why not just enjoy the telltale sam and max games? they're really good and funny.

I'll enjoy them when all of Sam's lines and all of Max's lines are rerecorded by the original (and ridiculously underappreciated) actors, Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson, thank you very much! I don't understand what either of those fine actors did to be snubbed from the cast, denied the right to voice the characters they gave life to. It's bad enough that Lucasarts is sitting on Hit the Road and Freelance Police, but replacing the original voice actors with cheap amateurs is insult to injury, in my opinion.

And why do you people think the new voices are good anyway? All I see is people telling me the new voices are good, but what I don't see is people telling me why they're good. Every single comment is "The new voices are awesome!", "The new voices rule!", "The new voices are better than the old ones!"... WHY?!

Uh, what? You're asking people to define the specific qualities of a voice that they like? Heh.

As far as I'm aware the original voice actors weren't used because Telltale simply couldn't afford them. You know, seeing as they were doing it without LucasArts and things were presumably very tight financially in the early days.

It wouldn't surprise me if the actors also wanted a higher pay due to returning to established characters, which I think is how it often works when it comes to (voice) acting. Would you have preferred we just got no Sam & Max game at all?

I don't see what the big deal is, anyway. I never really got attached to the original voices and the new ones don't bother me in the slightest.

I think you need something else to spend your time on, rather than getting nostalgia and emotion so mixed up with business.

With your logic, the people who really did something wrong were the original voiceactors who didn't offer to do the job for free:P I'm sure TellTale would have been more than happy to have them if they could.

Also, it really seems like you are just ignoring the comments you don't like.

I don't understand what either of those fine actors did to be snubbed from the cast, denied the right to voice the characters they gave life to.

The "right?" These people get paid, you know, and seeing that the games are episodic, a small startup graphic adventure company probably didn't have the cash to fly in two relatively high profile VOs that needed to commit to several months of availability. I don't understand why you didn't front the money yourself if getting the actors back was more important to you than the games existing at all.

Due to the way they work, Telltale depends on local actors so they can be available when they need to record dialog for episode 3 or whatever. My understanding is that because the game's are made episodically, writing and recording is constantly being done throughout the entire production. In 1993 Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson were probably in similar positions as the actors that Telltale gets access to now. In fifteen years however they've both enjoyed successful careers, with Farmer being Disney's official voice for Goofy and Pluto, and Jameson working really actively in TV (he's been in episodes of 24 and Lost). LEC was probably able to land them for Freelance Police because LEC has more money to throw around and the recording sessions were probably less demanding schedule-wise. Assuming I've got the right idea, I'm not sure what you would want Telltale to have done differently. Business is business.

The "right?" These people get paid, you know, and seeing that the games are episodic, a small startup graphic adventure company probably didn't have the cash to fly in two relatively high profile VOs that needed to commit to several months of availability. I don't understand why you didn't front the money yourself if getting the actors back was more important to you than the games existing at all.

How much do the original actors cost anyway? I hope it's less than a million dollars!

Maybe I should also petition a company who has actually hired them before to do it. There are companies other than Lucasarts who have hired both of them to do voiceover work. Like Square Enix.

You belong in a straitjacket.

What does that have to do with how much the original actors cost?

Or are you people doing this to me just so you can inflate your own e-peens? And yes, I know what e-peens are!

I assumed you'd know how much they cost since you said that they've been "denied the right" and elsewhere referred to them as being "thrown under a bus." Obviously you know more than we do about the details of their negotiations.

Or are you people doing this to me just so you can inflate your own e-peens? And yes, I know what e-peens are!

You know, I'm a really nice guy, and I'm incredibly patient, but you are really starting to get on my nerves. From bothering the nice folks at Telltale to sending me weird messages, you've done nothing but go around pointing fingers and, to be honest, actually scaring me a little. Look, this isn't a conspiracy. LucasArts didn't spend a few million dollars developing Freelance Police and then intentionally canceling it just to mess with you.

They made the stupid decision of canceling (and deleting) the game, yes, but it was for (what most Mojoers believe) misguided business reasons. It's that simple. Nothing will bring that game back, especially posting on a fansite. Actually, to hell with the game - if it ever got released we wouldn't have Telltale.

This is one issue you should let go. And no, we aren't warning you for your safety, because we aren't some secret agents paid by LucasArts to silence the people who dare question. You're chasing something that doesn't exist anymore. Just let it go.

If anyone is doing anything to anyone, it's you. And you are doing it to yourself. Whilst carelessly bothering some very cool ppl who actually brought us some good games in the process. If anything, you should be sending them a thank-you note.

Would you have preferred we just got no Sam & Max game at all?

Hehe.. don't fuel the fire...

How much do the original actors cost anyway? I hope it's less than a million dollars!....

well..i work with these people.. and i can tell you this much...they aint rich.. voiceacting aint the big moneymaker...

You know, I'm a really nice guy, and I'm incredibly patient, but you are really starting to get on my nerves. From bothering the nice folks at Telltale to sending me weird messages, you've done nothing but go around pointing fingers and, to be honest, actually scaring me a little. Look, this isn't a conspiracy. LucasArts didn't spend a few million dollars developing Freelance Police and then intentionally canceling it just to mess with you.

They made the stupid decision of canceling (and deleting) the game, yes, but it was for (what most Mojoers believe) misguided business reasons. It's that simple. Nothing will bring that game back, especially posting on a fansite. Actually, to hell with the game - if it ever got released we wouldn't have Telltale.

This is one issue you should let go. And no, we aren't warning you for your safety, because we aren't some secret agents paid by LucasArts to silence the people who dare question. You're chasing something that doesn't exist anymore. Just let it go.

Sorry, but I won't listen to you because you said to me, and I quote, "I have evidence that Lucasarts deleted the programming code, but I won't show it to you". If you refuse to show me evidence that you claim you actually have, it makes me think you don't have actually have any evidence at all. Did you actually think I forgot about that?

I'm not letting it go. I'm sorry, but you're going to have to deal with it.

And that goes for the rest of you on this forum!

Sorry, but I won't listen to you because you said to me, and I quote, "I have evidence that Lucasarts deleted the programming code, but I won't show it to you". If you refuse to show me evidence that you claim you actually have, it makes me think you don't have actually have any evidence at all. Did you actually think I forgot about that?

I'm not letting it go. I'm sorry, but you're going to have to deal with it.

And that goes for the rest of you on this forum!

And you complain about being treated disrespectfully? Jeez.

Like Thrik said:

Sad.

I'm sorry, but you're going to have to deal with it...And that goes for the rest of you on this forum!

Sad.

I read this as:

I am going to troll these forums until an admin bans me!
Is that so?

Just for the record, Bad Asp! is not trolling, and he will not ever, ever, ever be banned.

You go, Aspy! Don't let the bastards grind you down! I'm looking forward to this article and reading more of your thoughts.

"Paranoia is knowing all the facts."

Just for the record, Bad Asp! is not trolling, and he will not ever, ever, ever be banned.

You go, Aspy! Don't let the bastards grind you down! I'm looking forward to this article and reading more of your thoughts.

"Paranoia is knowing all the facts."

THANK YOU!:clap2:

Tell me one thing.

If the actors are fine, and still get pretty cool acting jobs; if we are getting unbelievably awesome games from Telltale that actually equal and even exceed LucasArts'; if we have all moved on, forgotten about something that happened over half a decade ago; and if we all are asking you to just drop it because you've become a nuisance, then why the hell do you still bring this up? Do you really unbelievably just have to play this one game? What logic would Lucas still have in owning it? Why would they? It's old, outdated, and unfinished. Tell me. Tell me why it's so important. For ****'s sake, get passionate about something else. There's children dying in Africa, there's Tamils getting slaughtered in Sri Lanka, Palestinians bombarded in Israel. And you're hung up over a game that no longer exists. I've told you, Udvarnoky has told you. It's not there anymore. And in the meantime we've gotten another eleven Sam and Max games, two or three of which are some of the greatest games I have ever played, ever. Chariots of the Dogs may just be the greatest adventure game ever made, exceeding even Grim Fandango and Monkey Island.

The original actors are fine, and the crew that worked on Freelance Police are all doing swell too. What are you so hung up over?

Archived