Home

You'll probably laugh at me for this (again), but...

Bad Asp!

You think that ONE day a Lucasarts employee is gonna look at THIS thread and all of a sudden ALL of the company is just gonna stop what they're doing, abandon the games they've been working on and start up a project thats been dead for SIX YEARS. Especially in this economic climate here in the US?

P.S.- Chariot Dogs was the best out of all the episodes of Season 2

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chariots of the Dogs may just be the greatest adventure game ever made, exceeding even Grim Fandango and Monkey Island.

WHAT.... exceeding GRIM FANDANGO.... are you loco, man????... hehe

its in my good books too...

I like the new sam'n Max, but saying it is better than Grim Fandango... you need to lay of the crack pipe man, lol. I do however agree with the rest of your post:)

I think so. The second season was great. It started off a bit slow but once it hit the pedal...I mean, as great as Grim is, it does have more flaws than Sam and Max, but then again it was very different. Sam and Max haven't had a bad game, not once, but they've had a "Hmm" game (in my opinion, episode two of Season One). But Season Two was so close to perfect, the last two episodes especially.

I always have this sneaky suspicion that nostalgia plays a large part in making a lot of LucasArts fans look at things a bit subjectively, too, so I can understand the sentiment. I mean, I love Grim Fandango, it's definitely one of the greatest games I've ever played and stories I've ever experienced, and it deserves every accolade it gets, but I think Sam and Max: Season Two edges it out in the race. Maybe by a nose. Looking at it objectively (I'm 19 so there's zero nostalgia), I have to admit that Season Two was the better game. The T-H-E-M thing alone...Man, I still randomly burst out laughing at that.

So, yeah, both of them A+ games, but I think that Season Two eventually gets the gold.

You're entitled to your opinion, Kroms, just so long as you know that your opinion is wrong. :xp:

Seriously though, I actually cried when Manny and Glottis said goodbye for the last time. No other game has done to me, and Sam and Max doesn't come anywhere near that level of emotional heft.

Its T.H.E.M....... i like both games.. but i dont think you can compair em... the only think they have in commen, is that they both are adventuregames, and they both have some sort of connection to LucasArts... its like i have to choose between the voice of Glottis or Bosco..

I get what you're saying about nostalgia, Kroms, but I also think that recent hype has an effect as well. There's pressure to love Sam & Max because it's new and shiny, but ultimately... I think it is a bit dull.

GRIM FANDANGO HAS NO FLAWS! AT ALL!

I have to disagree. I think some of the puzzles (rotating sign, windmill) require jumps in logic, even though, ultimately, it doesn't really, 100% matter.

There's pressure to love Sam & Max because it's new and shiny, but ultimately... I think it is a bit dull.

Nah. Let me put it this way. Last year I played Portal, MGS4, GTAIV, Sam and Max Season Two, Sam and Max Season One, We Heart Katamari and Call of Duty IV. And I think, out of all of them, that S&M2 was the best game.

Sam and Max doesn't come anywhere near that level of emotional heft

I'm not sure it's trying to. The main difference between Manny and Glottis and Sam and Max is that Sam and Max are invincible, whereas Manny and Glottis are in very real danger. Although the freelance police do care about each other, they are unconquerable, so there's always that niggling "They'll be alright." Whereas with Glottis, you never knew if he was going to make it or not. There's different emotional reactions to that. But then again you really start worrying by the end of Chariots of the Dogs.

Its T.H.E.M....... i like both games.. but i dont think you can compair em... the only think they have in commen, is that they both are adventuregames, and they both have some sort of connection to LucasArts... its like i have to choose between the voice of Glottis or Bosco..

Yeah, mauling it over I have to agree. It's kind of pointless, like comparing Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. I think they both have different allures, and you can't really compare them.

If I'm in a more quiet mood, I'll probably play Grim Fandango. But if I'm feeling energetic and active, it's Sam and Max.

Either way, they're both A+ games and I do pimp them around a lot. I really don't know what I'd be doing if I hadn't played them.

Also, I've just realized who Bas Asp! reminds me of:

Rorschach-flame-comic.jpg

I actually think that's kinda insulting to Rorschach. At least he had some logical purpose in life. And he didn't ignore his opponents, he dealt with them like a man.

I never played grim Fandango but I've watched playthroughs of it. the reason for this would have to be my computer. Its too new for grim fandango so i doubt it would work.

Escape From Monkey Island however(unfortuantely) does.

go here:

http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=195709

download my patch and follow the instructions, you should have no problems playing the game. if you do, let me know.

Tell me one thing.

If the actors are fine, and still get pretty cool acting jobs; if we are getting unbelievably awesome games from Telltale that actually equal and even exceed LucasArts'; if we have all moved on, forgotten about something that happened over half a decade ago; and if we all are asking you to just drop it because you've become a nuisance, then why the hell do you still bring this up? Do you really unbelievably just have to play this one game? What logic would Lucas still have in owning it? Why would they? It's old, outdated, and unfinished. Tell me. Tell me why it's so important. For ****'s sake, get passionate about something else. There's children dying in Africa, there's Tamils getting slaughtered in Sri Lanka, Palestinians bombarded in Israel. And you're hung up over a game that no longer exists. I've told you, Udvarnoky has told you. It's not there anymore. And in the meantime we've gotten another eleven Sam and Max games, two or three of which are some of the greatest games I have ever played, ever. Chariots of the Dogs may just be the greatest adventure game ever made, exceeding even Grim Fandango and Monkey Island.

The original actors are fine, and the crew that worked on Freelance Police are all doing swell too. What are you so hung up over?

Because ever since the new Sam and Max games have been released, Freelance Police has been unfairly maligned! You people keep saying the new games are better, and you also keep saying the new voices are better! You only keep saying Freelance Police is not coming back because you don't put in any effort to bring it back, and when you see someone who DOES want it back (yes, there are always going to be people who want that game back, so get used to it), you make that person look bad to make yourselves look good! The only reason Mother 3 was uncancelled was because people actually put in an effort to bring it back from the dead! And it looks like the same thing is happening with Duke Nukem Forever! SO WHY CAN'T FREELANCE POLICE GET THAT KIND OF SUPPORT?! HUH?!?!

Because LucasArts no longer has any rights to the Sam & Max license, and essentially all the people who worked on Freelance police are now working for other studios — mostly Telltale. Case closed.

The Mother 3 that we ultimately got isn't the same as the cancelled Nintendo 64 game, but it used a lot of the same ideas just like Sam & Max Season One and Two does from Freelance Police.

Freelance Police was supposed to be laid out exactly like Telltale's seasons.

The game consisted of six separate cases that all fit together in one overarching storyline. And new cases were supposed to be downloadable later.

Some of the concepts from Freelance Police even made it into the Sam & Max seasons. Sam & Max dancing went into Night of the Raving Dead and Max's "why won't you die" line showed up in Situation: Comedy.

So, there's no need for a petition. Freelance Police ultimately became Sam & Max Season One and Two. :)

Because LucasArts no longer has any rights to the Sam & Max license, and essentially all the people who worked on Freelance police are now working for other studios — mostly Telltale. Case closed.

If Lucasarts no longer has any rights to the Sam & Max license, then they shouldn't have any rights to Sam and Max Hit the Road or Sam and Max: Freelance Police! Why is that company still holding those games hostage? Shouldn't someone place a restraining order against Lucasarts so that they're forced to hand over the programming code to those games, along with the development tools that were used to make those games?

Archived