Home

kotor 1 and tsl on windows7 ?

DreadWizardDM

Does anyone here have the windows7 beta? I was wondering if kotor or TSL will run on this new OS. It is still in its late beta and is due for release sometime in late summer. Supposedly the OS is ALOT faster than either XP or Vista and has tons of backwards compatability. Time will tell though, anyways does anyone have the 411 on this OS and our beloved kotor / tsl games? I saw over on the windows boards that Vampire Bloodlines will run on them which is an encouraging sign.

Win7 is a big step forward for Vista, combining the looks of Vista with efficiency of XP. I even got it working fine on a low-end system I bought back in 2003. Vista choked on that computer.

Back on topic: I'll confirm what DarthParametric says. Both KOTOR and TSL work fine on the system. I don't know about ATI cards, but as long as you install the relevant graphics drivers and follow the installation procedure for Vista, it'll work.

- Star Admiral

Win 7 is just a rehashed Vista, so I would advise reading the existing threads for getting the game running on that.

Actually its alot different than vista, I did some research into it and its more like a very sleek, very fast, very muscular version of server. Theres a video on youtube that compares identical machines and win7 boots so fast its amazing. If M$ actually delivers this could be their best OS ever, possibly rivaling the MAC OS in stability, functionality and being fully compatable with both new and old games and hardware. Just got to cross our fingers on it I guess.

If you ever played Vampire Bloodlines on the PC it is quite similiar to kotor 1 and 2 as far as programming. If VTMB will run on it more than likely kotor will as well.... I hope.

Actually its alot different than vista, I did some research into it and its more like a very sleek, very fast, very muscular version of server. Theres a video on youtube that compares identical machines and win7 boots so fast its amazing. If M$ actually delivers this could be their best OS ever, possibly rivaling the MAC OS in stability, functionality and being fully compatable with both new and old games and hardware. Just got to cross our fingers on it I guess.
It's not that different from Vista.

If you ever played Vampire Bloodlines on the PC it is quite similiar to kotor 1 and 2 as far as programming. If VTMB will run on it more than likely kotor will as well.... I hope.

VtM:B runs on an early version of the Source engine from Valve, KotOR and TSL don't -- they run on a modified version of BioWare's Aurora engine called Odyssey.

DP and jmac are correct. Windows7 uses the same kernel as Vista.

And I'll go on record saying that VtM:B runs perfectly on Vista and a GeForce 9 video card with Wesp's patch. I recently enjoyed a playthrough and I'll have to say that it was far better playing it on max settings without a hiccup.

Archived