Home

Something very interesting i ran into....(A question about upgradeable sabers)

Drunkside

So i made a 2da file, i made a sabercrystal icon and an uti. When i added one saber to my character i was able to upgrade it but not to change the colors. I was confused, and my brother threw in a stupid comment "add more sabers!". So i did so, and strangely enough i was able to change the color to purple and green which were the sabers i added. Even stranger was that the sabercolor icon was the icon of the corresponding weapon. So the question is: Is it possible to add new sabers that use the old crystals? If it isnt, how do i add new crystals?:confused:

Find the 2da file you need to edit. (in your case, it would be upcrystals.2da) You do not create a new one, but you edit one, like what you would do for appearance.2da or heads.2da.

If you want your saber to use the standard crystal that the game has, (u_l_colo_01-10/u_l_colo_x01-02/G1_W_SBRCRSTL20-21) just follow the steps you would do to make your custom saber upgradeable, except for the part where you give your saber a custom crystal.

In a nutshell, add in a new line that has your uti file name in the saber column, and put in the standard crystal's uti file in the 'template' column.

Ok thanks ill try that now. I actually followed that exact tutorial, but i just didnt understand the part about the template, i thought i had to put my saber´s name there:p It all makes sense now, thanks alot for helping me again!

EDIT: Everything else makes sense exept for when i upgrade the sabers i have two of each of the color crystals, and the upper ones turn the saber into normal vanilla sabers, and the lower ones turn it to my saber. What causes this, and is it normal? These are my first upgradeable sabers, so im purely noobie again:xp: Though this will work really nice with a K1 mod that ive been planning:P

I decided to make new crystals, i named them like the vanilla ones from 61 to 65, and 67,68,69. I also made one named the same way as mantle of the force, but the number is 60. So what should i name the icons for these? I tried to figure it out myself, but the order of the icon numbers made no sense to me...

I decided to make new crystals, i named them like the vanilla ones from 61 to 65, and 67,68,69. I also made one named the same way as mantle of the force, but the number is 60. So what should i name the icons for these? I tried to figure it out myself, but the order of the icon numbers made no sense to me...

All the saber crystals (upgrading crystals and color crystals) use the same baseitem, so that is why you are confused.

In your uti file for the crystals, you gave it a new model variation, yes? If not, make it the same number you gave your crystal. Than, re-name your crystal icon file the same way that the crystals are labeled (for 61, name it iw_SbrCrstl_061, and so on)

No i didnt make new model variations, i just decided to go for new crystals to prevent people from "cheating" one of these new sabers for themself before they are supposed to by upgrading a normal lightsaber. Thanks for the advice, again:p

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm i dont quite know if im doing the right thing by using this old thread for this, but since its about the exact same sabers i asked the question here for i figured it should be okay.

So I got a sudden flash of light yesterday: If i make my sabers new baseitems they, and just they, will be shown in the upgrade page. Right? Or wrong? :xp: If its right could someone tell me where i can make a new baseitem? Im guessing its a 2da file, so making a new one shouldnt be very different from making new saber crystals...

Archived