Home

Let's play JA @ 68.53.58.195:29070 (May 23-28)

Kurgan

(Update: See below)

From now until May 8th, I'll have a little bit of freetime, and maybe a little some later.

I was wondering if anyone was interested in getting together for some online JA action like the old days...

No "honorz" BS, but just plain old fashioned butt-kicking!

It seems like when I go online anymore, there are only a few servers I can actually play on. Most are just running generic bots (not even the GOOD bots from OJP Basic), or are full, or are "honorz" or "clan matches" or just endless NF Dueling (boring!).

So how about it?

For some reason the email notification doesn't work for me, so if you're interested in playing some Siege, or CTF, or just regular Full Force FFA...

Contact me:

That's the quickest way to contact me. I wish I could get the ol' Meatgrinder up and running (but I'm strapped for cash, as usual, being a poor grad student), but I may have to just run it off my cable connection, which isn't too bad if it's a small group. Or if you know some server we can "crash" together, that'd be great too.

Send me an email, young Jedi! I guess we'll be playing on my home server, or crashing one of the pubs.

I may be free for some JA action the following days this month:

May 5 (tomorrow) through the 7th.

May 10 & 11.

May 24-28.

Starting June 2, I may have some time also, so feel free to contact me, not just you, but anyone reading this! ;)

I'll probably be available towards the end of May (24th or so) through the summer. I'm finishing up a couple of projects in my graduate class these next couple weeks. I might have some issues, though. I upgraded my mobo and opted for one with an nVidia chip built in and its overheating...... gotta get that sorted. Works fine for daily computing, but anytime you run a game with 3d graphics... ugh.

Try opening the case and point a box fan at the guts. That system has worked great for me for the past 4 years (yes, my PC is totally ghetto). It may sound strange, but Raven Software actually recommended that for people who were having problems when JK2 came out.

Just be sure the fan isn't so powerful that it pushes your tower over! And you may need to blow the dust out every few months or so.

Contact me around May 24th then and maybe we can play, since a five day break until the end of my classes then (though I may be really busy, I could theoretically just run the server and pop in now and then while I'm sitting there working, while you guys play).

Sounds great Prime... so we may have a three for all possible for the 24th!

I sent an email back. I will be home around 8pm CST, so if anyone wants to test out some settings (make sure we can play okay) TONIGHT, that'd be great. Contact me via email...

Hi kurgan, don't know if you remember me, have been away a Lonnng time, sorry I mssed this the other day but yeah, absolutely...! will keep in touch!

(I can bring my playing partner too - though he's a bit young and a bit Lamey - likie some insane sith padawan. Can't control him.)

JKD

(PS I love CTF!)

• 2 weeks later...

See this thread for the IP when it comes up (sometime tomorrow):

http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2626581#post2626581

As for being "lamey" I don't care about any of that honor code BS. As long as you're not using bug exploits to cheat, all is fair. Some of the folks playing will be noobs and MIGHT be the easily frustrated types, so we might need to break things up a little if some people are just utterly dominating the new players (bear in mind not everyone has played JK games before, and may just be used to regular FPS).

We'll figure something out. ;)

Anybody have any experience with Ventrilo? It might be cool to run one of those, but I may not have time to figure it all out before tomorrow, and so we might just plan for that after June 1st (I have class this coming weekend). But if somebody wants to run a voice chat server and just give us access (or however it works) that'd be cool, so the players can voice chat if they want to.

I may be "in and out" of the server during the day tomorrow, but just feel free to stop in, have a few rounds. It'll be better than joining one of those "Honor" servers, just keep in mind you may get some lag. Don't expect perfection. ;)

I have it for PC and kissbox, and there's not a day that goes by at the moment that i'm not on my 360 playing it. Not a big fan of the pc version though. I wouldn't play with you kurgan, as I'm a Saber only no force honors man ya'see.

I have it for PC and kissbox, and there's not a day that goes by at the moment that i'm not on my 360 playing it. Not a big fan of the pc version though. I wouldn't play with you kurgan, as I'm a Saber only no force honors man ya'see.

You don't like the PC version, why not? It's identical to the Xbox version (except the HUD placement), plus it has SIEGE, and you can use mods and have (potentially) more players, and more customization.

Anyway, I know the real reason you won't play me is because you know I'll

mop the floor with you.

If you change your mind, saber challenges are enabled...! ;)

Ooh i'd love to play.

Server is going back up in a few minutes. I'm going to test out some new CFG's.

Please download and install the JK2 FFA Map pack (link on my download page right at the top) and the Bonus Map pack. No excuse not to have these files installed in case we use 'em!

IP IS THE SAME

Server is going back up in a few minutes. I'm going to test out some new CFG's.

Please download and install the JK2 FFA Map pack (link on my download page right at the top) and the Bonus Map pack. No excuse not to have these files installed in case we use 'em!

IP IS THE SAME

I wish more people played JA. I was waiting awhile. :(

68.53.58.195:29070

Lath, that's a great idea!

Send me an email. I have some very specific settings we should use (OJP Basic, dismemberment on, debugmelee on, all weapons/powers enabled, bots, saber challenges allowed, standard force regen). If you can host it today through Friday and post the IP, that'd be fantastic.

Archived