Home

How to move bar to light side in SP

Awanka

I'm playing level 6 now and feel there is something I'm missing. My force bar hasn't budged at all since the start of the game level 1. Nothing I do seems to move my bar toward the light side. How do you go light side? I heard it's by saving citizens but that doesn't seem to do anything.

I've saved all the citizens in the city from attacks, but it never moves the bar, but if I kill a citizen the bar does move to the dark side. Is there something you're supposed to do to save a citizen? How do you get light side points? I just kill whoever is attacking the citizens but that does nothing. Am I supposed to say something to them?

The way to get light side points you not only have to avoid killing civilians and choosing Dark Powers (which push you towards the Dark Side), but also have to save civilians that are being threatened by enemies. That is when you hear those villagers yelling help and Grans running up to punch or shoot them, you have to kill those enemies, and then you're supposed to get credit. If that isn't working, I don't know what will, sorry.

You could try "activating" (use key) the civilian after you save them I suppose. By the end of the game if you stay true to the Light Side your bar will be all the way into the Light and you'll get the bonus power, regardless.

Well, what determines if you're going light or dark is where you assign your stars. If you assign them to dark powers, you'll eventually end up corrupted by the dark side. If you assign your stars to light powers, you'll end up being true to the light side.

You get starts by finishing the levels, and by finding all the secret areas on each level you're awarded with extra stars.

By the way, you should play the game both ways. It's pretty different if you go light or dark, the story and the levels are different and you get to see different cut scenes.

Good luck!

I remember back in the day looking at the scripting code and it said that you got light points for rescuing civilians. That's all I remember.

But when you finish the game "true to the lightside" even if you didn't save all the civies, it shows your bar all the way to the light.

I agree that it's different... more so than Jedi Academy's "choice"! The cutscenes are great.

• 1 month later...

Archived