Home

Reccommeded Xbox 360 Games

HK-42

Well I am planning on buying a few new Xbox games, as the very few I have are now getting boring. I always played computer games so until a couple months ago I did not have a 360.(yes I had previous consoles)

All I have now:

Assassin's Creed- My favorite game on the Xbox. It was amazing(cant wait for 2)

COD Modern Warfare- very good.

COD World at War- good, but tired of WW2 games.

Harry Potter 5- gift, barely played it.

Fracture- Got very boring.

Be aware I dont like playing games I have never played previous games to(I like games with a good story), like Gears of War. So I am getting the first before the I consider the 2nd. However games similar to GTA would have exceptions.

Ideas?

360 exclusives:

Halo 3 (its a competent shooter with some excellent moments and great multiplayer despite what others might say)

Gears of War

Gears of War 2

Forza Motorsport 2 (one of the best car racing sims. ever.)

Fable 2 (although you might want to play through the first one beforehand if anything so you get an introduction to the Albion world)

Ace Combat 6 (its flight sim. and yes, its very good)

Non 360 exclusives:

Mass Effect

Fallout 3

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Battlefield: Bad Company

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (aka GRAW)

FarCry 2

anyways, that my short list. enjoy. ;)

Bioshock

Seconded. That game is fantastic, and everyone seems to come away with some different idea of what it is.

Fallout 3 (you don't need to know the stories from 1 and 2)

Yes. Although, this will be a steep time sink so get it if you've got the time.

Oblivion GotY

Like Fallout 3, get if you have time. Its pretty bland, but very large so take that as you want.

Mass Effect

Definitely, considering the second game will use the first game's savegame.

Orange Box (You've played Half Life, right? :D)

Best game deal currently on the game market. Get this, love it, and then marry it and have children. To get into the afterlife its pretty much a requirement to get OB.

Orange Box includes:

Half-Life 2

Half-Life 2: Episode One

Half-Life 2: Episode Two

Portal

Team Fortress 2

Halo 3 (if you've played the others)

Single player fail. However, its got a strong and fun multi-player.

-------

Ontop of those, get:

Dead Rising - Horrific save system, but always great fun on a boring day. Is quite a time sink if you'd like to be able to do much, however.

The Darkness - Cheap bargin bin game now, its got fun gameplay and great graphics. Story loosely based on the comic of the same name, and you get to eat hearts!

Saints Row 2 - Honestly, you can probably skip over GTA4 and get SR2 depending on the gameplay you want. GTA4 has some of its silly elements left over, but its graphics are so muddy with poor shadowing and its been pumped with so much "real life" stuff that its lost its footing. SR2 took the spot that GTA: Vice City left and is just plain fun. It was by far my favorite game last year.

Gears of War 1 and 2 - As far as third-person shooting goes, not many games pull it off as well as Gears of War. Mindless bloody shooting, but nothing wrong with that. Just don't look for much beyond that.

Fable 2 - Hit or miss game. If you liked the first one, then the second is a definite improvement. Got some complaints, but overall its a sturdy game with an entertaining combat system.

Left 4 dead - Another Valve special. Fantastic multiplayer, and one of the better Zombie games (isn't say much, but its definitely up there for the prize. Dead Rising 2 might take that away though). However, the Xbox Live community is pretty poor and it would be a better investment to get it on PC, as the community is a little more patient.

That's all I can come up with right now.

Man don't get the half life or other related orange box, portal, etc. for the XBOX360...get it for the PC so you can download Garry's Mod--it's easy to use, and hell of fun.

I only have a couple games:

GTA4

DOA4 (better than its previous incarnations)

I'd reccomend:

Street Fighter 4

the new Guilty Gear

...renting SW:TFU

I guess fallout 3 since it has been reccomended to me...

maybe Mass Effect if you were into the kotor ish feel but now in a story pertaining around OUR galaxy and timeline.

Good luck.

I agree with Boba Rhett's list with the exception of Halo 3. stingerhs added Fable 2 and Achilles added GTA IV. Still trying to get into Moeller’s suggestion of Resident Evil 5, but I have a feeling I will.

My top two would be Mass Effect and Bioshock, but I’m not sure of the order.

I agree with Boba Rhett's list with the exception of Halo 3. stingerhs added Fable 2 and Achilles added GTA IV.

That he did in addition to the post above his... With a name like mine and I have it, that implies a recommendation I believe.

Still trying to get into Moeller’s suggestion of Resident Evil 5, but I have a feeling I will.

My top two would be Mass Effect and Bioshock, but I’m not sure of the order.

@ thread: If you have XBOX live (I envy you), also don't overlook buying GTA4 Lost and the damned expansion. ;)

Man don't get the half life or other related orange box, portal, etc. for the XBOX360...get it for the PC so you can download Garry's Mod--it's easy to use, and hell of fun.
I absolutely agree. I don't understand the ones that recommend Fallout3 and Oblivion to xbox either. I can't understand how people can play either of those game without all the mods that actually make those games playable

I absolutely agree. I don't understand the ones that recommend Fallout3 and Oblivion to xbox either. I can't understand how people can play either of those game without all the mods that actually make those games playable

You have to remember, though, that not everyone will have a computer that can play those games, and they'll prefer to spend £40 for a game rather than £200+ for a computer that can play it.

That he did in addition to the post above his... With a name like mine and I have it, that implies a recommendation I believe.
No intention to offend. I blame mental shutdown and apologize.

I also own Fallout 3 for the 360 and the PC. It is such a long time consuming game and since I refuse to play mods on the first playthrough, I bought it for the 360 so I could play in from the couch.

My favourite list:

Lost Odyssey: from the team of Final Fantasy games, no suprises it just plays as well. I'm not a heavy J RPG player, but I really enjoy this game.

Combat is fun with the ring system :p

GTA IV: Great game, has a more serious story then the games before it. Plus roaming about the city, starting some mayham, yaargh!

Project Gotham Racing: A casual racing game, not like Forza where you need to practice to keep your wheels on the road.

Split screen to play with friends to!

No intention to offend. I blame mental shutdown and apologize.
None taken. ;)

...and now I'm the one catching mental failure... :lol:

Saints Row and Saints Row 2 is a must if you ask me...

And of course all of the games mentioned above

Yeah, I'd have to agree with that...and possibly get a patch to play regular xbox games...

"Scarface: the world is yours" is a cool game...

Failing memory due to double work shift and 2 hours of sleep I may get some wrong:

Res Evil...I'm a capcom kind of guy so I'd reccomend it like so if you are into any of their other games...and I guess if you are into zombies.

Manhunt...blood gutz and gore

Def Jam series games rule...kind of like the smackdown series but better mechanics and graphical rendering. More 'real' storyline.

True Crime series, like GTA and saints row but from law enforcement's view/role...sorta

I said it above: Smackdown games. Even if you are not a wrestling fan...for a fighting type of game it's pretty damn good. It has Storyline mode, hardcore mode, and all sorts of different types of matches and stages to fit (plus championships, and oh those ladies). Though the games are on the decline IMO (2007 is the last one that made any noticeable improvements without taking away from other areas), they are still damn good nonetheless. The one thing that this series is famous for is its absolute buffet-with-the-kitchen-sink customizability with your custom-built characters. Appearance, and fighting moveset are almost totally customizable. The series is worth at least one good long visit to one title.

Mine are:

Burnout Paradise is one of the better driving games available, with a metric s**tload of fun DLC and very good multiplayer. However, there isn't a whole lot of people playing online.

Fallout 3 is like Oblivion, but with guns and a lot better. The DLC adds to the fun. What beats shooting a giant handhel laser at a soldier in power armor while invisible and having him explode into tiny little pieces, while launching rockets from space?

Ace Combat 6 is also on my recommmendations list. The story is great, if a little funky, and the multiplayer is excellent if you can find a game. HAWX also is pretty good, but has a little more online action.

Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2 are also excellent shooters. Pretty good storyline between the two fo them. And multiplayer is top notch.

There are certain people who'd want to kill me for saying this, but Splinter Cell Double Agent is pretty good. The multiplayer is decent, even if it has a incredibly steep learning curve. The single player is decent.

Lord Of the Rings: Conquest is also pretty good, if you're into LOTR. It is very much like Battlefront in Middle Earth, but it is also good.

I'm kinda split on this, but if you don't have a computer to run it, get The Orange Box. However, if you have a decent computer, buy it for the PC, get some mods and Garry's Mod, and you will never, ever, EVER be bored again. The games that come in the box are a steal, but coupled with the excellent modding community using the Source engine, you will get your money's worth immediately.

Rock Band is also excellent on the 360, especially with gigantic songs available for download, it is awesome. 'nuff said.

Archived