Home

Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes

Char Ell

Entertainment Weekly apparently got an exclusive first look at a new Star Wars game in the works and has posted a trailer for the game on their website. According to ew.com Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes is scheduled for a September 15 release and will allow gamers to play both Jedi and clone trooper characters. Krome Studios is listed as developer for Republic Heroes.

The big shocker for me came at the end of the video trailer when I saw the Games for Windows Live logo. LucasArts is going to release a game for the PC?! :eyepop Whoa! Stop the presses! In addition to PC the game also looks like it will be coming to Playstation, Nintendo Wii and DS, and Xbox 360 platforms.

Source: EW.com

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be willing to give this a chance but the fact that they went back to Krome Studios after a disappointing version of TFU and the terrible Clone Wars for Wii is disturbing. Those games did not get good reviews at all, makes me wonder if they even care about that as long as it sells well.

Why does Lucas Arts continue to try this Clone Wars franchise, they are not exactly heading in the right direction with the majority of their sales{which is probably not in the Clone Wars Franchise}

Frankly, this game does not look like it will be a huge success. Lucas Arts...why?:(

These games don't actually sell that well, Jeff.

What it is is that outsourcing to Krome Studios is CHEAP. It doesn't cost LucasArts much to outsource to them and even if the game sells like crap they'll still get some return since it's a game with the big and popular "Star Wars" name attached.

Archived